"New" (2006) Q&A thread

A: 3/4 the size of our moon. I don't know actual kilometers/miles, but I like comparing it to other celestial bodies.
Q: Do you consider pluto a planet?

A: No, he's a dog. :lol: Now, seriously, i think Pluto is the frontier between what we call planets and what we call asteroids. It has a "moon", but it's only slightly larger than it. It's closer to the sun than the asteroids of that belt whose name i keep forgetting, but its orbit is way out of line compared to the other planets'. It's a really big asteroid but a really small planet. And so on.

Q: Do you?

A: Well, all you need to do is look up the definition of a planet to know my answer (hint: there is none :D ) Seriously though, I don't really accept the word planet. To me, all it really sums up to is 12 celestial bodies that are orbiting a larger one (I think they've discovered three past pluto, not sure thoug) BTW, you were thinking of the Kuiper belt.

Q: Are you following exoplanet research?

A: Planet- Saturn
Deep Sky Object- The Orion Nebula
Q: You?

Exoplanet research deals with planets orbiting other stars. Quite fun stuff actually, they've discovered about 50 so far.

A: In the general vicinity of my school
Q: You?

Rincewind- He's all yours, no worries :lol: Plus, he won't be my friend in a couple of days :D

A : Home, pubs, random friends' houses, Montréal, Restaurants, work...

Q : Say, is that Golf Digest?

@Undo : hey, I'm not violent. I'm sadistic....ahahahahahaaargh!

@Zack : As long as we don't adopt kids, I'm fine with it ;)