New Album?

DIEDOTEXE

Jun 5, 2006
Does anyone know if cob will be recording a new album coming out mabey after the touring is done or something?

xshadowsoulsx said:
well if it follows in the path of AYDY? it wont be as badass as their old albums

yea, but i think they have got so much negative feedback from AYDY that i think they will try hard to make the next album to sound more like their older stuff. but who knows, maybe it will be a totally new sound all together.

Yeah but I wouldent want them to realese another HCDR or hatebreeder or whatever. I agree they should stick more to the old style but not release a copy of a previous album, wich alot of bands seem to pull off. So far Every album is special in its own way and I hope they keep it like that.

SixPounder1616 said:
yea, but i think they have got so much negative feedback from AYDY that i think they will try hard to make the next album to sound more like their older stuff. but who knows, maybe it will be a totally new sound all together.

bands really don't give that much of a shit what some people think. personally i don't like are you dead yet but i doubt because some people on the internet said it sucked they will go back and make hatebreeder 2 to please all the fans. that would be selling out even more than are you dead yet is. i have a feeling that the new album will be a bit more industrial and remain downtuned. COB are just going to go more and more downhill, either that or alexi will get out of the american scene and will be influenced by some more european metal and then a new kind of cob that isn't shitty will come out.

COB will start writing new songs after the 2006 tours, so you can expect a new album maybe 2007 autumn (2 years after AYDY?). I would guess it's gonna be somewhat faster and more melodic than AYDY?, but hopely even more brutal. It's probably gonna be techno :p

Enemy242 said:
bands really don't give that much of a shit what some people think.

dude, shut the fuck up and read this:

Because of their huge debts, Helloween are afraid of not getting anything in, and so they quickly release the following album "Chameleon" in early 1993, which sees the reunion with producer Tommy Hansen but is not successful at all. Despite the pretty good production and overall song quality, it drives off a lot of Helloween’s remaining fans, for few can accept the new music which now leans more towards AOR and mainstream rock, which is not how they expect Helloween to sound like. The poor performance on tour shows much of the tensions immanent in the band at that time. Before a gig in Japan, drummer Schwichtenberg collapses due to his misusing of drugs, and is replaced by session-drummer Richie Abdel-Nabi. Even worse, Helloween are fired by EMI.

leer.gif
b95654f2572e36af6065b0e3ff12f59a.jpg
leer.gif
Michael Kiske, Roland Grapow, Markus Grosskopf, Richie Abdel-Nabi, Michael Weikath (from left to right)

After the end of the tour in December 1993, Abdel-Nabi is dismissed from his position for most of the band members think that he does not fit the position. Tensions grow worse and worse and two weeks before the studio for the next production is booked, Helloween fire Kiske, for the rest of the band is not willing to share a studio with him another time. Weikath calls Deris again to convince him to take the vacant spot. The band chemistry in Pink Cream 69 is rotten at that time, and since he thinks he will not steal someone’s job, Deris decides to take his chances. Shortly thereafter in January 1994, the band manages to hire Uli Kusch as the new drummer (ex-Axe La Chapelle/Gamma Ray) and signs to Castle Communications.

During the production of the next album, the new Helloween feel the urge to come at least close to what they were hailed for in the Keeper-Era, for the last album did only harm to the band. They know that if they do not have success with the new record, there will probably be no Helloween anymore.

I don't know y everybody ain't like AYDY...I find the song really godd but it's true that Hatebreeder and the other album were a bit...not brutal but...sound more melodic whit the keyboard stuff.....I just hope Alexi will keep teh same vocal and will not start to sing....can't wait till the next album:p

I don't get why some people think only heavy music is good; pretty shallow. I guess they are not really fans of music. It baffles me when people think Metallica sold out with their black album. Man, let humans try different stuff. Speaking of Metallica, back in '90, at a NAMM show, Jason Newstead came up to me and told me that he and all of the guys in Metallica really dug my music. That totally made my day. - Jason Becker :)notworthy :worship: :worship: )
The man has a point

BucketBanger9000 said:
I don't get why some people think only heavy music is good; pretty shallow. I guess they are not really fans of music. It baffles me when people think Metallica sold out with their black album. Man, let humans try different stuff. Speaking of Metallica, back in '90, at a NAMM show, Jason Newstead came up to me and told me that he and all of the guys in Metallica really dug my music. That totally made my day. - Jason Becker :)notworthy :worship: :worship: )
The man has a point
they sold out with St. Anger

Feel_The_Force said:
They are on a contract or something to do 2 more albums, but yeah it will be techno.
That would actually be a little less mainstream, in fact.

As for the Metallica thing... they did sell out with the Black Album even though it was pretty well done IMO (in therms of efforts from them... but not in the same direction). But after that.. it was complete bullshit. It's not necessarly because it's not heavy that it's not good ; it's usually cause it's not heavy, not good, trendy and lame (i.e Metallica, Soilwork, In Flames, etc...).