New Album?

selling out is bullshit.

First of all, I thought the black album was kick ass.. As for St. Anger, how is that selling out ? The were already fucking famous.. they just made an album with stuff they felt like playing and it just happened to SUCK... a lot

I don't think there'll be a new album in a while, because they released AYDY almost recently. As for the sound, I wish for faster and more melodic songs, like most you guys. I actually like AYDY, kinda thrash-metal sounding, but they certainly have made better albums. I think that if you'll look back at Bodom's discography in a few years, it will only be a small dot in the whole thing. It has some very good songs in it, but they've done better before.

Same goes for Metallica's St. Anger. I think they just wanted to try something different, so let them! I think the whole "sell-out" thing is really ridicoulus. Is it because it's no fun to listen to a band because many people like them? In that case, shouldn't it be "allowed" to a band to become successful?

Metallica sold out because they were fuckin awesome. Same with sipknot. (opinions people, It just so happend everyone liked them, dosent mean you have to.) There is no way bands choose to "sell out". Thats Pop music. They had no idea they were gonna get that big. And if they were to quit, all the fans would be pissed. What do you guys expect? So if COB sells out, Im not gonna listen to them anymore. Bullcrap. Everyone will like them because they are that good. Oh yeah, I totally agree with Bucketbanger. I listen to all kinds of music. It dosent have to be just metal, or else your just making it hard on yourself. You all know you like different kinds of music, So stop lying to yourselfs and Enjoy it.

"we can all just hope that alexi will stop being a fucktard and start to write good metal music cus I know that he fucking can."

Alexi did write good music in AYDY. Tell me a band that has the same sound as AYDY. It was totally original. Awesome songwriting. So what if alexi dosent want to write the same thing over again. Its just like the new tool album 10,000 days. Nobody likes it because it dosent sound like laterlus. I DONT WANT ANOTHER LATERLUS!!! I want to hear the band evolve. Not hear the same god damn thing!

Oh yeah Chop, your right. I really fell like I am listening to brittney spears.... Because Metallica and slipknot and COB are all pop music. Why dont you re-read my post.

There is no way bands choose to "sell out". Thats Pop music.- Meaning pop Is about the show and being pretty and popular, not the music.

KillerGon said:
dude, shut the fuck up and read this:

Because of their huge debts, Helloween are afraid of not getting anything in, and so they quickly release the following album "Chameleon" in early 1993, which sees the reunion with producer Tommy Hansen but is not successful at all. Despite the pretty good production and overall song quality, it drives off a lot of Helloween’s remaining fans, for few can accept the new music which now leans more towards AOR and mainstream rock, which is not how they expect Helloween to sound like. The poor performance on tour shows much of the tensions immanent in the band at that time. Before a gig in Japan, drummer Schwichtenberg collapses due to his misusing of drugs, and is replaced by session-drummer Richie Abdel-Nabi. Even worse, Helloween are fired by EMI.

leer.gif
b95654f2572e36af6065b0e3ff12f59a.jpg
leer.gif
Michael Kiske, Roland Grapow, Markus Grosskopf, Richie Abdel-Nabi, Michael Weikath (from left to right)

After the end of the tour in December 1993, Abdel-Nabi is dismissed from his position for most of the band members think that he does not fit the position. Tensions grow worse and worse and two weeks before the studio for the next production is booked, Helloween fire Kiske, for the rest of the band is not willing to share a studio with him another time. Weikath calls Deris again to convince him to take the vacant spot. The band chemistry in Pink Cream 69 is rotten at that time, and since he thinks he will not steal someone’s job, Deris decides to take his chances. Shortly thereafter in January 1994, the band manages to hire Uli Kusch as the new drummer (ex-Axe La Chapelle/Gamma Ray) and signs to Castle Communications.

During the production of the next album, the new Helloween feel the urge to come at least close to what they were hailed for in the Keeper-Era, for the last album did only harm to the band. They know that if they do not have success with the new record, there will probably be no Helloween anymore.

I'm not all bands don't do that. Grave digger changed thier sound to a commercial sound with thier band digger in 1986 and then changed back when they got lots of backlash and remained the way they were. also the new megadeth was a change after risk where mustaine tried money whoring money. i'm definately not saying it doesn't happen, but as i said MOST bands don't give a shit what people think that much and want to make music whatever way they see fit. i have a feeling jon of dissection wasn't trying to impress only the fans when he made Reinkaos because if he did he would've just made storm of the lights band part 2.

DIEDOTEXE said:
Alexi did write good music in AYDY. Tell me a band that has the same sound as AYDY. It was totally original. Awesome songwriting. So what if alexi dosent want to write the same thing over again. Its just like the new tool album 10,000 days. Nobody likes it because it dosent sound like laterlus. I DONT WANT ANOTHER LATERLUS!!! I want to hear the band evolve. Not hear the same god damn thing!

I agree, totally. People can't expect a band to sound the same from the day the started and ever after. I mean, how fun is that? You know what to get every time, so you can't really be dissatisied. But is it original, creative?
No, to make a band interesting they must evolve and do new stuff all the time! Or else, they will bore themselves to death. To just make record after record without improvement or change, I'd call that "selling out", because then it's no fun for the artists themselves and they just do it for the money.

Oh, and by the way; it isn't just Alexi that creates and decides all the song stuff. It's all of the Bodom guys (and Kim, of course) that co-operate.

who cares if cob sell otu asl long as they make kick ass music they will always be kickass end of it

i think ppl under 20 posts should spam a bit in battleheart forums before beeing allowed posting here

" i think ppl under 20 posts should spam a bit in battleheart forums before beeing allowed posting here"

You had under 20 posts at one point, you fuckin idiot. I think people who dont want to discuss something realevant and just post pointless shit shouldent be on here. Because I just want to have a discussion with people that actually want to talk about the thread and not people who waste the servers space and my time.