New fan!

panzerfaust_88 said:
Hahah, I don't think so, buddy. Jonas did the vocals on the demo, DoDS, For Funerals To Come, the clean vocals on Brave Murder Day, and the 2 tracks on the WAR compilation. Akerfeldt didn't start helping with lyrics until Discouraged ones, as far as I know, and he certainly did not produce any lyrics on the earlier material. And please, stop with your childish comments... Obviously I am not a skinhead, not that that's any of your business...

Dude making you look bad is as easy as making a five year old look like a kid. You just probably imbarrased yourself by yourself in that last post. Any Katatonia fan with the cd's books and shit are prolly right now saying what a dumbfuck panzer is. If you will read the inside covers to the album it goes as follows idiot. DONT POST WHAT YOU DONT KNOW FUCKER MAKES YOU LOOK BAD :D

Brave Murder Day:Lyrics by Jonas, Clean vocals by Jonas, DISTORTED VOCALS BY AKERFELDT

For Funerals To Come: Lyrics by Jonas, Lead Vocals AKERFELDT

Sounds of Deacy: Lyrics by Jonas, Vocals AKERFELDT

Discouraged Ones: The only one where he doesnt sing yet PRODUCES THE VOCALS and may sing on a track or two i think wither that or my ears decieve me.

All these are straight from the cd booklets man

KATATONIA started as a three man band up untill Discouraged Ones. AKERFELDT always sung for them whether with or without Jonas up untill Discouraged ones as well. Jonas always wrote the lyrics 9 out of 10 times but didnt sing them all, he left some of them for Mr. Akerfeldt to do for him. Now these are facts fucker enjoy and happy listening (no jokes this time you look bad enough already)

For the record AKERFELDT never wrote the lyrics just merely sang them no one ever said he wrote them :)

Dead_Daylight said:
Dude making you look bad is as easy as making a five year old look like a kid. You just probably imbarrased yourself by yourself in that last post. Any Katatonia fan with the cd's books and shit are prolly right now saying what a dumbfuck panzer is. If you will read the inside covers to the album it goes as follows idiot. DONT POST WHAT YOU DONT KNOW FUCKER MAKES YOU LOOK BAD :D

Brave Murder Day:Lyrics by Jonas, Clean vocals by Jonas, DISTORTED VOCALS BY AKERFELDT

For Funerals To Come: Lyrics by Jonas, Lead Vocals AKERFELDT

Sounds of Deacy: Lyrics by Jonas, Vocals AKERFELDT

Discouraged Ones: The only one where he doesnt sing yet PRODUCES THE VOCALS and may sing on a track or two i think wither that or my ears decieve me.

All these are straight from the cd booklets man

KATATONIA started as a three man band up untill Discouraged Ones. AKERFELDT always sung for them whether with or without Jonas up untill Discouraged ones as well. Jonas always wrote the lyrics 9 out of 10 times but didnt sing them all, he left some of them for Mr. Akerfeldt to do for him. Now these are facts fucker enjoy and happy listening (no jokes this time you look bad enough already)

For the record AKERFELDT never wrote the lyrics just merely sang them no one ever said he wrote them :)

Wow, that is one of the most inaccurate paragraphs I have read. Ever. First of all, if you would have bothered to listen to October Tide's Rain Without End, you would realize that the vocal style used on that album and For Funerals To Come is the same. Akerfeldt is most certainly NOT on that album, those are 100% Jonas' vocals. If you don't believe me you can ask the band. I don't care if it sounds like Akerfeldt to you or not, you are mistaken. Second, I believe that I did state in my post that Jonas did the clean vocals on BMD, and nothing else. Third(!), where are you getting this crap about Akerfeldt singing on Discouraged Ones!? Those are Jonas' vocals again. Can't you tell the difference? Seriously, though, I would like to know where you people are getting the idea that Akerfeldt sings on For Funerals..., as it clearly states(in the mcd version): LE HUCHE: BASS RENSKE:DRUMS/VOCALS BLACKHEIM: GUITARS/VOCALS . Maybe you don't own the MCD, only the century media version of BMB with FFTC as bonus tracks? That's the only thing I can figure, but the credits for BMD do not apply to For Funerals..., there are no credits for the mcd on the century media version. No shit Akerfeldt sings on Sounds of Decay, I have ears :rolleyes: And about the lyrics, if you read my post again, you will notice that the words I used were "helping with the lyrics" and "producing the lyrics"... I didn't say anything about him "writing the lyrics". Maybe before the next time YOU make YOURSELF look like an idiot, you should take a look at the REAL facts... Don't post what you don't know, that's good advice, you should take heed of it next time. Any other insults you have for me can be done through PM, I don't think the rest of the board wants to read your childish crap.

bringer of torture said:
Wow, that is one of the most inaccurate paragraphs I have read. Ever. First of all, if you would have bothered to listen to October Tide's Rain Without End, you would realize that the vocal style used on that album and For Funerals To Come is the same. Akerfeldt is most certainly NOT on that album, those are 100% Jonas' vocals. If you don't believe me you can ask the band. I don't care if it sounds like Akerfeldt to you or not, you are mistaken. Second, I believe that I did state in my post that Jonas did the clean vocals on BMD, and nothing else. Third(!), where are you getting this crap about Akerfeldt singing on Discouraged Ones!? Those are Jonas' vocals again. Can't you tell the difference? Seriously, though, I would like to know where you people are getting the idea that Akerfeldt sings on For Funerals..., as it clearly states(in the mcd version): LE HUCHE: BASS RENSKE:DRUMS/VOCALS BLACKHEIM: GUITARS/VOCALS . Maybe you don't own the MCD, only the century media version of BMB with FFTC as bonus tracks? That's the only thing I can figure, but the credits for BMD do not apply to For Funerals..., there are no credits for the mcd on the century media version. No shit Akerfeldt sings on Sounds of Decay, I have ears :rolleyes: And about the lyrics, if you read my post again, you will notice that the words I used were "helping with the lyrics" and "producing the lyrics"... I didn't say anything about him "writing the lyrics". Maybe before the next time YOU make YOURSELF look like an idiot, you should take a look at the REAL facts... Don't post what you don't know, that's good advice, you should take heed of it next time. Any other insults you have for me can be done through PM, I don't think the rest of the board wants to read your childish crap.

Panzer must have changed name or your just as fuckin stupid everything I have typed is straight from the cd booklet or a sticker on the brave murder day album with funerals to come included on it that stated AKERFELDT does lead vocals courtesy of OPETH and CANDLELIGHT RECORDS (and mine is not on mcd but the same damn thing) go buy the shit and you may know all this "incorrectness" you say is facts straight from the fukin horses mouth. Why would the record company state anything untruthful? They wouldnt you just dont like being wrong fucker accept it man my ears had nothing to do with the vocals its all on paper dude and i dont pm bitches the only reason you wanted that is so your ass wouldnt look bad, Go figure whos childish now fucker :wave: oh fucker also i never said he sang much on Discouraged ones merely produced the vocals and may have sang briefly(my opinion i thought and stated it was my opinion) but not sure stoopid ass. HANDLE THIS FUCKER AND DROP IT

Dead_Daylight said:
Panzer must have changed name or your just as fuckin stupid everything I have typed is straight from the cd booklet or a sticker on the brave murder day album with funerals to come included on it that stated AKERFELDT does lead vocals courtesy of OPETH and CANDLELIGHT RECORDS (and mine is not on mcd but the same damn thing) go buy the shit and you may know all this "incorrectness" you say is facts straight from the fukin horses mouth. Why would the record company state anything untruthful? They wouldnt you just dont like being wrong fucker accept it man my ears had nothing to do with the vocals its all on paper dude and i dont pm bitches the only reason you wanted that is so your ass wouldnt look bad, Go figure whos childish now fucker :wave: oh fucker also i never said he sang much on Discouraged ones merely produced the vocals and may have sang briefly(my opinion i thought and stated it was my opinion) but not sure stoopid ass. HANDLE THIS FUCKER AND DROP IT

Yes, I changed my name, apparently I was "banned" for having arguments with morons like you. I will say this for the LAST time: Mike Akerfeldt does NOT appear on For Funerals To Come. Not only that, but at the time FFTC was recorded Opeth had no albums out. Not one. Why, then, would Akerfeldt appear courtesy of Candlelight? Like I said before, the Centjewry Media release does not have credits for For Funerals To Come, only Brave Murder Day. Obviously that sticker is for BMD only, as For Funerals To Come is on there as a bonus... Do they really sound like they were recorded at the same time to you? If you need further proof look at this link: http://dying.art.pl/info/5.html .You need to get the original version of the mcd, hell, I will SCAN it for you and send it to you if it will shut you up. I can see that you didn't go and listen to "Rain Without End" like I told you to... I don't think that Jonas would appreciate you giving the credit on things he has done to Akerfeldt, I know I wouldn't. I own all of the old albums, I really don't know what you are trying to prove with your mindless posts; I have been listening to this music since before you hit puberty... Now will you please shut up and stop making yourself look more immature than you already do?

"KATATONIA ARE STILL CONTINUING TO DEDICATE THEIR MUSICAL HISTORY TO THEMSELVES AND THIS INVOLVES 'FOR FUNERALS TO COME...'
NEVERTHELESS, SOME NAMSE WILL BE CARRIED THROUGH THE BURIAL MIST: ROBERTO MAMMARELLA, MR. SWANÖ, MICKE & ANDERS OF OPETH AND FREDRIK NORRMAN WHO'S BECOMING ONE OF US."

There is where Akerfeldt appears in For Funerals To Come's booklet, but he has not participated in it in every way.

bringer of torture said:
Yes, I changed my name, apparently I was "banned" for having arguments with morons like you. I will say this for the LAST time: Mike Akerfeldt does NOT appear on For Funerals To Come. Not only that, but at the time FFTC was recorded Opeth had no albums out. Not one. Why, then, would Akerfeldt appear courtesy of Candlelight? Like I said before, the Centjewry Media release does not have credits for For Funerals To Come, only Brave Murder Day. Obviously that sticker is for BMD only, as For Funerals To Come is on there as a bonus... Do they really sound like they were recorded at the same time to you? If you need further proof look at this link: http://dying.art.pl/info/5.html .You need to get the original version of the mcd, hell, I will SCAN it for you and send it to you if it will shut you up. I can see that you didn't go and listen to "Rain Without End" like I told you to... I don't think that Jonas would appreciate you giving the credit on things he has done to Akerfeldt, I know I wouldn't. I own all of the old albums, I really don't know what you are trying to prove with your mindless posts; I have been listening to this music since before you hit puberty... Now will you please shut up and stop making yourself look more immature than you already do?

OPETH recorded ORCHID in 1994 so they had one out man, god dont fuckin school me on OPETH man youll loose.

the sticker on my BMD reads as follows:
"CONTAINS THE FULL-LENGTH ALBUM BRAVE MURDER DAY PLUS THE BONUS EP, FOR FUNERALS TO COME FOR A DOMESTIC PRICE! FEATURING LEAD VOCALS FROM MIKAEL AKERFELDT (OPETH).

AND TO STATE THE FACT : AKERFELDT HAS NEVER BEEN IN THE LIST OF CREDITS AS A BAND MEMBER

Man im done arguing with you about this shit it is old you can think what you think ill think what i think. However man no need to send the mcd i already have the cd so no need and i have all the proof i need to know what i do know. Lets end the shit man and go grab a brewskie and talk about how american music is going to shit in a hand basket.

Dead_Daylight said:
OPETH recorded ORCHID in 1994 so they had one out man, god dont fuckin school me on OPETH man youll loose.

the sticker on my BMD reads as follows:
"CONTAINS THE FULL-LENGTH ALBUM BRAVE MURDER DAY PLUS THE BONUS EP, FOR FUNERALS TO COME FOR A DOMESTIC PRICE! FEATURING LEAD VOCALS FROM MIKAEL AKERFELDT (OPETH).

AND TO STATE THE FACT : AKERFELDT HAS NEVER BEEN IN THE LIST OF CREDITS AS A BAND MEMBER

Man im done arguing with you about this shit it is old you can think what you think ill think what i think. However man no need to send the mcd i already have the cd so no need and i have all the proof i need to know what i do know. Lets end the shit man and go grab a brewskie and talk about how american music is going to shit in a hand basket.

Argh! Will you just listen to me for one minute?! Did you check the link that I posted? Look, I agree that this argument is getting pretty old, so do this... Go back and listen to For Funerals To Come, and then listen to Dance Of December Souls(I'm assuming you own that one, at least you should!)... After that, listen to Brave Murder Day and Sounds Of Decay. You should be able to notice the differences in vocal styles... I admit, Jonas and Mike do share a TINY similarity in vocal style, but careful listening will reveal the truth! See, Jonas used to do all the vocals for Katatonia, but then he injured his throat and vocal cords in 94/95(not sure about the date, someone help me out). This is the reason that they brought Akerfeldt in to do the vocals on BMD and SOD. After that, the band decided that they really didn't want to use extreme vocals anymore, and, well, you know the rest of the story. I would stake my life and the lives of my family on the fact that Jonas is the vocalist on For Funerals..., that is how utterly positive I am that this is correct. And yes, you are right about the opeth thing, but didn't they get the contract with candlelight AFTER, Orchid was recorded? I could be wrong... On another topic, yes, american music does suck for the most part!

bringer of torture said:
Argh! Will you just listen to me for one minute?! Did you check the link that I posted? Look, I agree that this argument is getting pretty old, so do this... Go back and listen to For Funerals To Come, and then listen to Dance Of December Souls(I'm assuming you own that one, at least you should!)... After that, listen to Brave Murder Day and Sounds Of Decay. You should be able to notice the differences in vocal styles... I admit, Jonas and Mike do share a TINY similarity in vocal style, but careful listening will reveal the truth! See, Jonas used to do all the vocals for Katatonia, but then he injured his throat and vocal cords in 94/95(not sure about the date, someone help me out). This is the reason that they brought Akerfeldt in to do the vocals on BMD and SOD. After that, the band decided that they really didn't want to use extreme vocals anymore, and, well, you know the rest of the story. I would stake my life and the lives of my family on the fact that Jonas is the vocalist on For Funerals..., that is how utterly positive I am that this is correct. And yes, you are right about the opeth thing, but didn't they get the contract with candlelight AFTER, Orchid was recorded? I could be wrong... On another topic, yes, american music does suck for the most part!

Hey man fuck the Katatonia shit man im done but yes Opeth was not on candlelight records at the time of the album, ORCHID, nor For Funerals TO COme... it was released on Century Black of course a division of Century Media. However while the release of Orchid was on CMB all the songs for the next album,MORNING RISE, were recorded mostly before the ORCHID release between like i think 91-95 or 96 and it got released on Candlelight Records so the only thing i can think of is that OPETH had gone to Candlelight prior to the FOR FUNERALS TO COME ... CD The Katatonia shit man I am lost know and dont really care i cant tell Jonas's voice from the rest i Just know what i read you know but fuck it man they've gone to shit anyway in my opinion like Soilwork has but still an Ok band because of the past wich makes you forgive yet still listen and say whhhhyyyyyyyyyyy dammit why. But Lets fuckin drop it man its all bullshit and im sorry for fuckin with it for so long it was a waste of my time and you prolly wasted alot of your time which is your own fault but still. So take it easy man and lets grab another topic in here dude.

Dead_Daylight said:
Hey man fuck the Katatonia shit man im done but yes Opeth was not on candlelight records at the time of the album, ORCHID, nor For Funerals TO COme... it was released on Century Black of course a division of Century Media. However while the release of Orchid was on CMB all the songs for the next album,MORNING RISE, were recorded mostly before the ORCHID release between like i think 91-95 or 96 and it got released on Candlelight Records so the only thing i can think of is that OPETH had gone to Candlelight prior to the FOR FUNERALS TO COME ... CD The Katatonia shit man I am lost know and dont really care i cant tell Jonas's voice from the rest i Just know what i read you know but fuck it man they've gone to shit anyway in my opinion like Soilwork has but still an Ok band because of the past wich makes you forgive yet still listen and say whhhhyyyyyyyyyyy dammit why. But Lets fuckin drop it man its all bullshit and im sorry for fuckin with it for so long it was a waste of my time and you prolly wasted alot of your time which is your own fault but still. So take it easy man and lets grab another topic in here dude.

Yeah, I agree that this topic has become pretty old and stale... No need to discuss it any more. For the record, I share your opinion of newer Katatonia, and also of newer Soilwork as well.(I think Chainheart Machine was their last good album) But, then again, I haven't really liked Opeth since Still Life, and my favorite album is still My Arms, Your Hearse... Maybe I'm just really, really picky. :Spin:

wetkiss.jpg

bringer of torture said:
Yeah, I agree that this topic has become pretty old and stale... No need to discuss it any more. For the record, I share your opinion of newer Katatonia, and also of newer Soilwork as well.(I think Chainheart Machine was their last good album) But, then again, I haven't really liked Opeth since Still Life, and my favorite album is still My Arms, Your Hearse... Maybe I'm just really, really picky. :Spin:

Hey man let me ask you this (no argument will be made of this) Why dont you like say OPETH's blackwater park and up albums man? please explain in full detail if you dont mind Id really like to understand you on that subject. I see them getting better except for the shitty yet good damnation i like them all. Damnation just had no suprises except the fact it only totales up to be 45 min and some odd secs. I hope they dont keep doin that crap. I like the way they go from heavy to mellow in like point 2 secs you know. What kinda shit do you like man what makes a band great in your eyes is another thing id like to ask you. Take it easy man.

Hey that Gay stuff, YV, theres really no need for that please that is very sickening but just for kicks he's the bitch right :D just messin with you Bringer.

Dead_Daylight said:
..OPETH's blackwater park and up albums ..Damnation just had no suprises except the fact it only totales up to be 45 min and some odd secs.. I like the way they go from heavy to mellow in like point 2 secs you know.
Hey that Gay stuff, YV, theres really no need for that please that is very sickening but just for kicks he's the bitch right..
Excuse me for interrupting you again GUYZ, but Edith is a woman, no gay stuff is involved, at least as far as I'm concerned.

And more seriously, the best alb of OPETH is surely "my arms, your hearse..", but the further ones are good as well. My doubts treat only the last 2-pack. "Damnation" was released as an additional part to "deliverance", which IMO is boring as navy starlit heaven watching when you're drunk. "Damnation" at least gives some surprises, even if it's melancholic and monotonous a bit. Personally I detest those Porcupine Tree elements, Mike would do that much better by himself. Ok, deliverance is too black and damnation too white, albs with mixture of these colors were diverse and thus superb. Well alright, I was in need of confession to this point. OPETH is one of my favs.

yv said:
Excuse me for interrupting you again GUYZ, but Edith is a woman, no gay stuff is involved, at least as far as I'm concerned.

And more seriously, the best alb of OPETH is surely "my arms, your hearse..", but the further ones are good as well. My doubts treat only the last 2-pack. "Damnation" was released as an additional part to "deliverance", which IMO is boring as navy starlit heaven watching when you're drunk. "Damnation" at least gives some surprises, even if it's melancholic and monotonous a bit. Personally I detest those Porcupine Tree elements, Mike would do that much better by himself. Ok, deliverance is too black and damnation too white, albs with mixture of these colors were diverse and thus superb. Well alright, I was in need of confession to this point. OPETH is one of my favs.

I agree with you on the DAMNATION album its ok but to meloncholic. However DELIVERANCE is the shit my favorite album would have to be BLACKWATER PARK and second MY ARMS...... (lol i tired to but a period after that what a dumbfuck i am) Anyway I dont like the PORCUPINE TREE elements either nor do i care for them the only great song they have to me is Trains. I like the way OPETH has took their progressiveness though you cant beat it to me their defenitey the most original thing out there to date and if not show me some shit that is.