New GTA trailer

I'm excited about this game, but the experience gets less fresh with each time through. Just running around and blowing shit up was a blast in GTA3, but by SA it felt like there was nothing fun to do outside of the missions. I hope there are radical improvements this time around. GTA has never been able to deliver on a story level like Shenmue, which had similar real world aspirations.

It doesn't help that PS3 is still $600, and Xbox 360 is an assload of money too. This means I won't be playing this anytime soon.

I hope that this will be released for PC...in that it will be able to be played on my computer. I've got a decent comp for one that is a bit on the outdated side, but I've still only got XP and not Vista.

Anyways, I like the series but agree they need a new approach to the game. When I look back on things I had the most fun playing GTA III (at the time) despite the advancements with future games I just didn't enjoy them as much.

Don't get me wrong, GTA games are great, but they were never and will never be visually stunning.

Don't get me wrong, GTA games are great, but they were never and will never be visually stunning.

016.jpg

001.jpg

Get the soundtrack right this time, fuckers. Vice City's was wonderful. San Andreas had a lot of potential but it turned to sub-par...

I think this will just be the "ultimate" GTA for the series. They're being safe and not doing anything all that new, i.e., its being modeled after New York City... which is like Liberty City... and has been in how many GTA games now? :p Its just the first, next-gen GTA so if its something different you want... GTAV is where it will be at. Just a hunch.

The new trailer actually increased my interest in the game and the series in general. As amusing as the past GTAs were because of their tongue in cheek/campy humour I would love the series much more if it took itself a bit more seriously and concentrated on broadening the whole mob/mafia genre in videgames.

seems like this game is going to be a lot less mainstream in terms of its target market. "the running around and blowing shit up" players are not going to be all that amused with the new much more serious atmosphere and feel of the game IMO.

should be a great experience

I saw the trailer on TV on a show, and the framerate looked really, really shitty.

I wish they'd make a newer game that takes place somewhere in Europe...or maybe a game that takes place in the near future maybe worthwhile. I just hope the new game is a bit different. I didn't even bother with the Liberty/Vice City Stories games.

Overall though I enjoy San Andreas, more so than Vice City. I was quite disappointed with VC's storyline even if it wasn't original, that wasn't the problem, it just wasn't satisfying, I beat that game and felt disappointed. GTA III is my favourite in terms of characters and story, I really liked it back then. I actually didn't mind that your character said absolutely nothing during the game. And I even admit I don't mind the less-than-stellar graphics that many complain about with GTA Series.

For a computer game, Vice City had a pretty nice story. Maybe the ending was kinda retarded, but there were some pretty amusing characters throughout the game - Ken the lawyer, Kent Paul the crazed Cockney coke-head, Diaz the pissed-off, absurdly-macho drug lord, etc. There was quite a bit of personality in that game.

But yeah, it would definitely be cool if the game environment were a little more exotic for the next one. Though the GTA developers seem to be in love with that stereotypical urban gangster movie theme.

NEW STORYLINE IDEA!

It takes place in New-york... but this time your a Jew. Who runs a bagel shop thats just a cover for a smuggling operation.

I am a fucking genius.