New Interview with Joey: ...think I could have done any of those [Bush-era] records

Yeah I remember Scott saying that Joey didn't want to do Heaven And Hell -tour...and was asking too much money when Return Of Killer A's came out and they were considering two singers....but there's always 3 sides to these stories....:)

T:)

All I can say is that he knows the situation in Anthrax very well, has been shit on at least two times already, good to see he's being honest about it.

I could have done them too....funny how he keeps telling that...and then saying that actually he doesn't want to do them...:)

There's nothing ironic in what was said. Joey is talking in terms of originally composing those albums (Bush era) with Anthrax instead of following behind John to perform those particular songs live. He makes that clear:

You’ve sang “Only” with the band right?
Yeah and it was fine. Nothing against John, but if he didn’t do those particular songs ever before, and I went and sang them, I think it would have been fine.

Obviously you have a large body of Anthrax work to draw from, but are there any plans to do any other of the John Bush-era material?

I’d hate to have to try to do too much of that when I’ve got a whole body of work that I could be doing that would be more suited for me just because it’s me and I did it. I’d also like to have more of the new songs become ‘us’ more so than their older catalog.

Gotta love how the buck stopped there with micro-management;)

Yeah, I actually spoke to Jay Ruston a few weeks ago and he said it went extremely well.

Yeah, you never know, because like you said, some of it has been laid out and [it could have been like] ‘oh my God, no no no no, we don’t want that’ or ‘how come you’re doing it that way, why can’t you do it this way?’ Then to me it would have been like ‘you know what, you guys have at it, I don’t need this.’ Jay and I were definitely not going to let any of that stuff happen, nor were we incapable of actually putting something good together. I had the best time, to be honest with you, that I’ve ever had in the studio.

When a band changes their lead singer they are always going to be asked why did they do it. Do you expect them to say "Yeah the new guy isn't as good as the last one, but we wanted to play with him anyway"? Of course they're gonna say the new guy is better. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, it's just the way it goes.

When a band changes their lead singer they are always going to be asked why did they do it. Do you expect them to say "Yeah the new guy isn't as good as the last one, but we wanted to play with him anyway"? Of course they're gonna say the new guy is better. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, it's just the way it goes.

Not sure you will find any interview where members of Iron Maiden said Blaze Bayley was better than Bruce Dickinson. Not sure there are any with Judas Priest where they say Ripper Owens is better than Rob Halford. Maybe there are I haven't seen them.

Not sure there are any with Judas Priest where they say Ripper Owens is better than Rob Halford. Maybe there are I haven't seen them.

I read at least one, when Jugulator came out. I remember Scott Travis or maybe Ian Hill saying that Ripper was way better singer than Rob Halford. You're probably right about Iron Maiden though.

I read at least one, when Jugulator came out. I remember Scott Travis or maybe Ian Hill saying that Ripper was way better singer than Rob Halford. You're probably right about Iron Maiden though.

I wonder if AC/DC said that about replacing Bon Scott? Or of Alice iN Chains says that about their new singer?

Not sure you will find any interview where members of Iron Maiden said Blaze Bayley was better than Bruce Dickinson. Not sure there are any with Judas Priest where they say Ripper Owens is better than Rob Halford. Maybe there are I haven't seen them.

Usually I've seen it happen like that. :confused: I don't really follow Priest or Maiden, so I don't know about them. AC/DC and AIC should not be dragged into this since their singers died.