New Jackson RR24

I would love to have this one.

fixedct0.jpg

^ Yeah, I was playing around with an S Series in a guitar store recently actually. Those ZR trems are actually awesome. They just seem to... well... work. Doing silly whammy bar stunts is just effortless and smooth. A downside though is that the mechanisms are really really comiplicated, lots of tiny little springs. Would be hell to make adjustments to.

I have an s470 and i love the trem on it as i have never *touch wood* broken a string using my bar on it. but i will say the mechanism is complicated and takes such a long time to balance the trem and tune it properly

Thats with all floating trems, it takes a while and you gotta be familiar with them. When i ONLY changed my strings for the first time on a FR guitar, it took 4 hours before i was finished.
Now i takes my 2 hours, to change strings + re-setup and re-tune in D + precise adjustments at the bridge + intonation.

But when you're finished with tuning, they will keep in tune forever!

Thats with all floating trems, it takes a while and you gotta be familiar with them. When i ONLY changed my strings for the first time on a FR guitar, it took 4 hours before i was finished.
Now i takes my 2 hours, to change strings + re-setup and re-tune in D + precise adjustments at the bridge + intonation.

But when you're finished with tuning, they will keep in tune forever!

you shouldn't need to intonate every time if you use the same string gauges/tuning.

changing the strings themselves is like a 5-10 min deal. tuning it, if you're again using the same tuning, just tune a whole step sharp for the low string, getting progressively smaller till you're tuning your high string to pitch, and then check how much you're out and repeat. Shouldn't be an all day event ;)

you shouldn't need to intonate every time if you use the same string gauges/tuning.
I didnt use the same string gauge and tuning when i was intonating ;) thats why i did it.
changing the strings themselves is like a 5-10 min deal. tuning it, if you're again using the same tuning, just tune a whole step sharp for the low string, getting progressively smaller till you're tuning your high string to pitch, and then check how much you're out and repeat. Shouldn't be an all day event ;)
I know how to change strings on a FR.
Btw: Remove the strings one by one. Stretch the strings before putting them on your guitar. When you placed a string, tune it immediately and be sure to stretch it very well. They continue with the following string and repeat.

I take all the strings off when I do it and it makes no difference whatsoever.
When you remove all the strings of your guitar, your floyd gets out of balance.
But if you change the string one by one, the floyd keeps in balance so your other strings wont get out of tune.

And i've heard, that if you remove all your tension from your neck by removing the strings. You could damage your neck. But i really dont know this for sure.

When you remove all the strings of your guitar, your floyd gets out of balance.
But if you change the string one by one, the floyd keeps in balance so your other strings wont get out of tune.

And i've heard, that if you remove all your tension from your neck by removing the strings. You could damage your neck. But i really dont know this for sure.

True, but if you know how to re-balance it when all the strings are back on, it's not a problem. ;) I do it everytime and I've never had a problem with it.

If you remove all the tension from the neck all at once, then it'll fuck up the nect. If you slowly unwind each one, then again, it's not going to do anything bad.

True, but if you know how to re-balance it when all the strings are back on, it's not a problem. ;) I do it everytime and I've never had a problem with it.

If you remove all the tension from the neck all at once, then it'll fuck up the nect. If you slowly unwind each one, then again, it's not going to do anything bad.

Ive done that once on my rr24...when i switched gauge to 0.10-46. Is the neck now damaged?:erk: Other than that ive done nothing like it. or yes ive changed gauge twice but thats just 2 times.

What I mean is, did you take ALL the strings off ALL AT ONCE or cut them one by one with wire cutters????? If you do that, THEN it could do some damage.

If you do like I do, unwind them individually one by one, then it'll be fine.

What I mean is, did you take ALL the strings off ALL AT ONCE or cut them one by one with wire cutters????? If you do that, THEN it could do some damage.

If you do like I do, unwind them individually one by one, then it'll be fine.

I took all off and put on new ones. i mean i just loosened the strings one by one and took them off and put on new ones. Or did ? i dont remember clearly now i think i did. Well tis been some time already and i haven t noticed anythin.

I took all off and put on new ones. i mean i just loosened the strings one by one and took them off and put on new ones. Or did ? i dont remember clearly now i think i did. Well tis been some time already and i haven t noticed anythin.

Well obviously you took the off and put on new ones, I was asking HOW you did it. Good job you wrote the stuff in bold. It'll be fine.

Normally your guitar neck is under tension. If you remove all the tension, your guitar neck goes into a other position.
If you do this very quick, this could damage your neck. But if you remove the tension slowly, then it shouldnt be a problem.

True, but if you know how to re-balance it when all the strings are back on, it's not a problem. I do it everytime and I've never had a problem with it.
Yeah, the first four attempts, i did it the same way as you do.
Imo its annoying when you have to find the balance again, that means retuning for a half an hour.
But when replacing and changing the strings one by one, i didnt had to find the balance again :)

Last time, i changed my tuning only. So i had to remove some springs, and adjust the spring anchor block. So i was forced to find the balance again :(

Half an hour? All I do is get it back to the same position and it's in tune already.

The balance stays the same because it's determinded by the strings and the springs. If you leave the springs how they are before and after you re-string, then all you have to do is tune the guitar to exactly how you had it before and it'll do the rest itself.

Half an hour? All I do is get it back to the same position and it's in tune already.

The balance stays the same because it's determinded by the strings and the springs. If you leave the springs how they are before and after you re-string, then all you have to do is tune the guitar to exactly how you had it before and it'll do the rest itself.
Nah, i dont mean that.
When you (for example) have all strings tuned, except the E strings wich has to go 1 step higher. When you wind the low E string, the floyd moves from position. And the other 5 strings are out of tune. So when you tune the other 5 strings correctly, the E strings is out of tune again.