New Jackson RR24

ino this is not the right place for this....but i just changed my strings guys....i have string thru body setup ....for some reason my strings get really downb tunes automatically....like i wud be playin...2 secs later the B string goes more then a whole step down...n im just like err....n i keep tuning it back but it keeps coming down...what cud be wrong?

Well, you gotta point there. It depends on how much you play and sweat too. I play more than you. And what kind of finish has the hardware. On my black floyd rose, I didn't take it apart for about a half a year now and it's still ok :) (I will this weekend though), but on the gold floyd I had on my RR-J2SP I had to do it every 3 months or so cause dirt was really visible and because the gold plating is really shitty on ALL guitar hardware (no matter the price) I did it to prevent more rusting and corroding.
Yeah, i think you play alot more then me ;)
Thats true, i got a black floyd and it doesnt get dirty at all. But a goldplated must be maintained right.

How do you like the J2SP. Im curious how the neck is compared to real jacksons? Did you noticed any quality issues?
I do that too, doesn't help much. I must say that I play on ebony boards only and the dirt becomes visible REALLY fast on them. Rosewood fretboard color and grain covers some of the visible dirt ;).
And i have a rosewood fretboard indeed ;) When i used noncoated strings the strings would sound crap after 2 months, but when i cleaned them they would last 2/3 months. Not a huge difference but still noticeable.

How do you like the J2SP. Im curious how the neck is compared to real jacksons? Did you noticed any quality issues?

Neck is pretty much your standard Jackson RR1 neck, except that the nut width is smaller - 1 5/8" (41,3mm). No quality issues at all, they use high quality parts like switchcraft jacks etc. And it had a HUGE sound with UNBELIEVABLE sustain! I sold it two days ago btw, cause I'm getting a new guitar tomorrow or the day next and I also have a Jackson Stars Custom Shop RR on order that will be ready in 2-3months.

Neck is pretty much your standard Jackson RR1 neck, except that the nut width is smaller - 1 5/8" (41,3mm). No quality issues at all, they use high quality parts like switchcraft jacks etc. And it had a HUGE sound with UNBELIEVABLE sustain! I sold it two days ago btw, cause I'm getting a new guitar tomorrow or the day next and I also have a Jackson Stars Custom Shop RR on order that will be ready in 2-3months.
Does the PA-2 brings any noticeable extra noise? I've never worked with gainboosters and im really unexperienced with it.

Just curious, what are the specs and what did the Custom cost?

Overall rating of those Jackson Stars are good, but i still hate to order something from china.

Saddly, it does add noise. The Jackson JE1000 boost that I have is much better and less noiser.

It will cost around 2000eur after the taxes and customs fee...specs are like the RR-J2SP, but I changed what I didn't like about it (white binding, wider nut, OFR, added some fret scallops, MOP logo, white pinstripes).

Why order from China? You can't get them in China anyway...and Chinese guitars are either fake or suck.

It's Usa and Japan and that's it. All other countries don't know how to make guitars, unless it's some small custom shop (like Ran).

Saddly, it does add noise. The Jackson JE1000 boost that I have is much better and less noiser.

It will cost around 2000eur after the taxes and customs fee...specs are like the RR-J2SP, but I changed what I didn't like about it (white binding, wider nut, OFR, added some fret scallops, MOP logo, white pinstripes).

Why order from China? You can't get them in China anyway...and Chinese guitars are either fake or suck.

It's Usa and Japan and that's it. All other countries don't know how to make guitars, unless it's some small custom shop (like Ran).
Did you try a decent noisegate? Like the ISP Decimator?

That is a really nice price for a custom. Pretty close to a USA jackson.

Sorry, i meant Japan. Since you live in the EU too. How did you ordered it?

I prefer to pay for the guitar when i have it in my hand. I dont like the idea that you pay 2000 euros for a guitar and then have to wait till it will shipped.

Nope, never tried a noisegate in my life.

USA RR1 would cost around 1700eur new in EU, a CS RR around 4000eur (although that used to be around 3000eur, but since the 25% price increase in January....:()

I bought it used with the help of some connections. Ask Mitch, he just got his new RR-J2SP ;).

Does the PA-2 brings any noticeable extra noise? I've never worked with gainboosters and im really unexperienced with it.

Just curious, what are the specs and what did the Custom cost?

Overall rating of those Jackson Stars are good, but i still hate to order something from china.

Well afterburner i had on my mmv some time ago shoud be same as a PA-2 and it doubled the noise. Unacceptable without a noise gate. I coud tap like motherfucker with it tho since the Output was super high :lol:

is it just me or is their a big difference in necks of RR1's and ESP V's....like i have a dave mustaine signature...and my friend has a jackson RR1...for some reason i feel hes neck is so unsmooth...is it mayeb cause there difference shapes?

Can you put a pa-2 on an RR24
Well yeah but then id reccomend to put in a passive pup instead if you dont want massive noise.
Yeah but you have to drill an extra hole for it if you want to have it switchable.
Yeah the hole drilling aint such a problem but its shitty if it rips off some paintlayer. You have to do it correctly.
Just shove it in the control cavity and forget it's there. Who needs anything but high gain anyway?? :)

Dude...no....no!:lol:

is it just me or is their a big difference in necks of RR1's and ESP V's....like i have a dave mustaine signature...and my friend has a jackson RR1...for some reason i feel hes neck is so unsmooth...is it mayeb cause there difference shapes?
I remember that ESP necks are very thick painted.
Every neck is different, you have different profile's of a neck like a C or V shape. and you have a different (ammount) paintjob on it. Or no paintjob at all.

Just shove it in the control cavity and forget it's there.
True, but if he wants it switchable he has to drill a hole.