New Katatonia - somewhat disappointing :(

First Blood said:
The drumming is LEAGUES better than LFDGD... that's one of my favorite things about it
Agreed, he has much more input here, which adds to the raw power of the music...I still lament the absence of the hypnotic guitar lines, but this is far from a cliched attempt at a heavier sound, there is minimal if any loss of identity, and many of the risks taken work, resulting in their most diverse album in a long while...

Guardian of Darkness said:
I think it's a great album, but not as good as Tonight's Decision or LFDGD.

I seem to be the only person who LOVES One Year From Now. :zombie:

I love that too! But it reminds me of something and I don't know what.

VE seems to be taking a while to get into. All their albums were like that for me, though. I kind of miss the hypnotic riffing as some have said, but favorites are slowly surfacing, so it's good.

I love the album. Not all the songs are excellent, but it's worth its money alone for "Ghost Of The Sun", "Criminals", "A Premonition" and "Evidence" (which is easily one of the best Katatonia songs ever)... And I absolutely appreciate the fact that they made some serious progress and challenge the listener.
I hope, though, that the tracks 6 to 8 will grow on me...

mindflesh said:
I love the album. Not all the songs are excellent, but it's worth its money alone for "Ghost Of The Sun", "Criminals", "A Premonition" and "Evidence" (which is easily one of the best Katatonia songs ever)... And I absolutely appreciate the fact that they made some serious progress and challenge the listener.
I hope, though, that the tracks 6 to 8 will grow on me...

Burn the remembrance and Wealth are total killers! I´m sure you gonna like ´em.