(New) Love/Hate Thread

Microsoft's conference was actually really good. They announced a crap ton of new games, though not many appeal to me, admittedly. Sony's was the exact opposite. They only really showed off their four main games, which was really three for me because I have zero interest in Last of Us 2. I think Bethesda had the best one, to be honest. New stuff, lots of Fallout 76 info, PREY DLC AND NEW DOOM!

Love : Cyberpunk 2077's trailer
Hate : Waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 to actually release :lol:

Love: Had a great, fun vacation in Chicago, and got to see my parents new house. I ate so much great food, got to see a Cubs' game in Wrigley Field, and scored some decent used metal cds at Reckless Records.

Hate: The wife's family is using our spare rooms/house as an AirBnb right now. The guest bathroom is fucked, hahaha. My nephew who is 8 reminds me of a young Chris Farley. I keep having to tell him to calm down and stop acting crazy. He reminds me of this scene from tommy boy:

Damn, Dave! Rolling on all cylinders! Very nice! :kickass:

Love : Leprous. Started listening to them last week. Haven't stopped since. :lol:
Hate : Been in a bad mood for half the day today. Dunno why.

;) MAH MAN

Love: So we're releasing a compilation next year featuring all the stuff that's been Bandcamp-exclusive (including the upcoming 'Kings of Speed' single, hence why this is a year off), alongside some unreleased demos and shit. Cool package, got at LEAST 16 tracks on it. Problem was that there was supposed to be three songs that were demoed for the album, but got cut for various reasons... and for some reason, those demos fucking disappeared somehow. I just found one of them, and though it's messy as fuck, it's actually quite rad. So we're going to re-record those old songs, warts 'n' all, alongside a few new ones as a farewell present at some point.

The best bit, there's no deadline. So we're not going to have a billion setbacks making us scramble to finish off an album AND prepare for a festival show in the space of 4 weeks next time hahaha.

Also Love: Just got back a WIP sample of the artwork for the Beermageddon-exclusive shirts and I nearly died laughing.

Screenshot_2018-07-05-12-11-06.png

HATE THIS: This shirt was created for the Clandestine live performance and was available exclusively for people who pledged to the PledgeMusic campaign, therefore pretty rare as was never reprinted / sold at shows or anything.

Anyway, the shirt had a buy it now price of £70 but my bid and won the auction fair and square, there was no reserve. First time this has happened to me in years of eBaying - LAME!

Sounds like someone was being a greedy bastard. That sucks, Podgie! :\

Love : On vacation for a week. I have so much painting I want to do. :lol:
Hate : Not too much at the moment, with the vacaction and all

Oh shit... that reminds about that Invocator longsleeve i ordered a year ago. It was never even sent!!!
I never received a refund and paid 40 € for this shit. I sent this asshole lots of hate messages he should fucking die and everything but nothing happened - this idiot didn't even reply!

Be glad you received a reund that's all I can say.

I sent him a pretty fair message asking why (I know why). He replied saying "Unfortunately this shirt is out stock. I tried to end the auction but unfortunately it was impossible due to the time left of the auction time. I’m very sorry for this. I will make a better check up on shirts before putting then up. I hope you will find it somewhere else." (which is know is not the truth as there was only 1 shirt available to begin with).

Part of me feels like replying saying, how about I pay you what you had it listed for 'buy it now' - I wonder if it'll miraculously come 'back in stock' then. Otherwise I guess I have the option to leave him feedback, negative - which I don't really want to do... but hey, what else.

Love : Birthday was Thursday, it was good
Hate : I go back to work from my week vacation tomorrow. So sad. :(

Also kind of love: May have kind of gotten myself into kind of casually seeing someone. After a long time of being single (and the last girl I was involved with being a psycho) it's kind of cool.

DISCLAIMER: I know nobody really cares, and I know this is really quite trivial compared to people's real problems. But basically, long story short - things were cool until this girl came on a bit strong, I distanced myself from her for a couple of weeks, we didn't speak (I didn't ignore her or anything) until I realised I missed her and I thought it was a shame we weren't seeing each other. We saw each other a few weeks back, it was cool, and that was that - since then she has no time for me and, well, I fucked up. Proper miss her man(s). I've told her how I feel and I've laid it all out there (something I don't usually do - open myself up to getting hurt - but it was worth it to me) ...and now, well, I have to just get over it. And I HATE it.

EDIT: P.S. Happy Birthday Keenan, love you man x

Thanks for the well wishes, guys. (Sorry to hear about your situation, Podgie :/ )

Love : Synthwave/retrowave or whatever you wanna call it. Pretty repetitive as a genre, but like thrash, I just get in a mood for it and that's all I'll listen to. That being said, I don't really like synthwave that leans more towards the generic techno music side. The more 80's sounding, the better!
Hate : Not much. I have a weekend off! :lol:

DISCLAIMER: I know nobody really cares, and I know this is really quite trivial compared to people's real problems. But basically, long story short - things were cool until this girl came on a bit strong, I distanced myself from her for a couple of weeks, we didn't speak (I didn't ignore her or anything) until I realised I missed her and I thought it was a shame we weren't seeing each other. We saw each other a few weeks back, it was cool, and that was that - since then she has no time for me and, well, I fucked up. Proper miss her man(s). I've told her how I feel and I've laid it all out there (something I don't usually do - open myself up to getting hurt - but it was worth it to me) ...and now, well, I have to just get over it. And I HATE it.

EDIT: P.S. Happy Birthday Keenan, love you man x

Mate, my situation has been a bit similar. A girl I've known for years. We fell madly fucking in love, but because she's in Birmingham... a week before I went to see her for my birthday, she met some other dude and she had to see where it went. It tore my fucking world apart.

She isn't with him in anymore, but it was a rough situation for her. She's basically given me a response of "I can't make promises right now, I need to sort myself out first" which is... well, it's better than a zero, but not quite a 50 either. But it's a start. I'm sorry to hear about that though, mate, holy shit :(