(New) Love/Hate Thread

To anyone of you guys still up and about, I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

Like: Got an hour left until I can go home and play Football Manager- I mean get ready for family coming over tonight.

Fucking hell. This pace, huh! ...hope you're all well, had a good Christmas and New Year... I say bollocks to it - but IT IS nice to catch up with family... which I feel the few of us who are left kind of are haha... so yeah!

Hi

Hopefully the new album brings in some new people, but I feel like the forum model is a bit outdated now with the total domination social media has over society. I'll still be here regardless. :lol:

Love : Stellaris. Anyone play this game? It's like Civilization... but in space. It's great!
Also love : Lots of new albums coming out this year. Most excited for Evile (?) and The Ocean's new album.
Hate : Not really all that much right now

Reactions: zerostatic
Joe! What's up, man? Long time no see!

Love : Cosmograf. Anyone listen to this band?
Hate : Seeing bands announce tours with no dates near me :(

Good to see some old names checking in! You guys better still be blasting the metal!:kickass:

Love: Started a cleanse on Monday - cutting out red meat, soda, sugar, and booze from the diet for the next 30 days or so.
Hate: US Politics, and media. Not sure what to believe about the Coronavirus.

^Same. It seems to have started spreading in California, so its only a matter of time before it gets out of hand. It also doesn't help that both of us have jobs that involve relatively close contact with a large number of people (you in the school system and me in retail).

Love : Got tickets to see TOOL in Tampa in April
Hate : Unsure how the coronavirus situation will affect said concert

I feel like with the virus, the concern should be more about people travelling around the US rather than the virus spreading slowly from state to state. That being said, I think you'll be alright for the Tool concert Keenan.

Love: New details on the upcoming Warbringer and Havok album. The Havok single is incredible.
Hate: I don't like the final mix on Firepower Kills, at least for the drums.

Reactions: zerostatic
Unfortunately, the first place the virus spread outside of the west coast was Florida. Not just anywhere in Florida mind you, but literally right in my county. Not sure how that concert will go, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

LOVE : The Final Fantasy VII remake demo has hit the PS4 and it is absolutely incredible.
Hate : ..... that Dave isn't around to see it. :(

Unfortunately, the first place the virus spread outside of the west coast was Florida. Not just anywhere in Florida mind you, but literally right in my county. Not sure how that concert will go, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Ah jeez that's my mistake. I'm still hoping it holds up for you though.

Like: I'm gonna be UK bound tomorrow afternoon
Don't like: Gonna be my first time overseas so I'm a little nervous.
Hate: A lot of my thoughts right now are boiling down to "wow why is your dumbass going to england for a concert you should've just stayed home lol".

What concert you coming here for??

Love: Instant noodles, the spicy kind.
Hate: When you pre-order an album and don't have it days (and days...) after its release. Let alone ON THE DAY.

The Evile show on Saturday Podgie. I just came early to kinda get to know the city.

Like: Arrived, just waiting for the train.
Don't Like: The flights I needed to take had me scared shitless.
Also Don't Like: How quickly I got clowned by the teller when I was getting my transit ticket. It basically went

Me: What kind of ticket should i get for going around the city?
Teller: Its Manchester. Just walk.

Like damn bro. I got a lot to learn here.

Damn, that sucks they postponed the show after you flew there. Props on your dedication to metal and Evile though! :kickass:

Love: Seem to be healthy.

Hate: The entire state/nation is shut down so there is an uneasy calm. I keep waiting for something big/bad to happen and it is making me anxious.

I think the whole situation is blown out of proportion by the media. That being said, it does seem to be getting worse day by day, so it might not be out of proportion much longer.

Love : DOOM (2016). DOOM Eternal is gonna be awesome.
Hate : The fact that people are being stupid and not just staying the fuck home.

True that.

Although I did go out on St. Paddy's day to buy Irish sodabread and some cornbeef and cabbage dinners. Been at home since then since the Governor shut the state down.

I posted an assignment on Monday on Google Classroom and so far 5 students out of 165 have completed it.