(New) Love/Hate Thread

Love: Working from home and hanging with my wife, and the dogs is way better than spending the day with a bunch of teenage jackasses. Got a job for next year at a much better middle school. There are 159 middle schools in Nevada and the one I am at now is in the bottom 20% as far as test scores, my new school is in the top 20% so I am excited about the new opportunity. The Governor of Nevada announced schools are closed for the rest of the academic year so working from home continues.

Hate: The implementation of online learning has been a shit storm. The school district sends messages to parents before they update teachers which makes us look stupid. The school district also announced that all work done online is voluntary which caused participation to decline. My expectation is to make weekly contact all the kids in my sixth period. I have made phone calls and emails and have only heard back from about 50% of the 36 in my sixth period.

A bit worried about the long term consequences. Vegas being a tourist town is going to take a big hit. I feel like state and Federal governments need to do more to support people affected by this. The government told us to stay home so the government should help people survive and pay their bills.

Love: Working from home and hanging with my wife, and the dogs is way better than spending the day with a bunch of teenage jackasses.

:lol:! I like that.

Love: That new albums are still being released during these times...
Hate: That the new Enslaved has been pushed back though...

Last edited:
Also, congrats on the new job :thumbsup:

The government told us to stay home so the government should help people survive and pay their bills.

Not sure what the deal is there but over here people unable to work who are have contracts etc. are entitled to 80% of their salary. I got paid today for the 1st time since going into 'lockdown' and while it's not ideal at least I can pay my extortionate rent!

Hey everybody, uhh long time no speak. I haven't felt like posting on here in a long time, but I miss all you cretins so i'm back hi. Genuinely hope you're all doing well and staying safe in these wack ass times.

Love: FFVII remake is dope, Doom Eternal was also dope as fuck
Hate: got that uber depression

Welcome back! Not much has changed, really. It's mostly just the same handful of us there were before. :lol:

I'm playing through the FF7 remake right now, too. I'm doing side quests with Aerith in chapter 8 right now. Really enjoying it so far. Combat is a bit crap, but that opinion is formed solely from the fact that I finished Sekiro before starting it, so it can easily be dismissed.

Also, Doom Eternal was terrible. :(

Love : Buckethead, FF7 remake, Katatonia's new album comes out today!
Hate : I'm not sick and I'm being paid despite not working. It would be illegal of me to complain about anything right now.

Love: New Warbringer is still really good.
Hate: Still don't like being in the work whatsapp group. Every time I think about replying it feels like the joke is gonna be way too dumb or childish so I just wind up lurking.

Hey everybody, uhh long time no speak. I haven't felt like posting on here in a long time, but I miss all you cretins so i'm back hi. Genuinely hope you're all doing well and staying safe in these wack ass times.

Welcome back buddy, been a while!

Damn, you're the first I've heard say that the new Doom wasn't good.

Damn, you're the first I've heard say that the new Doom wasn't good.

The story is hilariously nonsensical, combat is all over the place, the ammo situation is terrible, certain enemy types are obnoxious to the point were they nearly ruin the game, music isn't as good as the last one... but I honestly think that my biggest problem with it is that this feels like a third game and not a second one. Like, it feels like there was a game in between 2016 and this one and we just missed it.

Don't even get me started on the multiplayer. :puke:

Shit, you flat out don't like it. :lol:

I'm currently going through Doom 2016 (albeit very slowly), and it seemed cool - can't imagine how the new one could be that much worse. Also, I can't ever see myself ever playing Doom for multiplayer.

The multiplayer for 2016 Doom was actually really fun in my opinion. It had that old-school feel, but had that modern Call of Duty-esque (for lack of a better example) vibe with stuff to unlock and challenges to do and stuff. I really liked it. I was disappointed when they said they were gonna replace it. The new mode just isn't fun. I only played one match, but could tell that it was not for me. (We even came back and won when we were down 0-2. Still did nothing for me.)

Welcome back buddy, been a while!

hello hello! yeah its uh been a while, think the last time I was here was when the news of Dave was brand new.

I'm playing through the FF7 remake right now, too. I'm doing side quests with Aerith in chapter 8 right now. Really enjoying it so far. Combat is a bit crap, but that opinion is formed solely from the fact that I finished Sekiro before starting it, so it can easily be dismissed.

The combat ain't that bad! and doom eternal was terrible? that's it, i'm leaving the forums forever!! :lol: For me, it's probably my favorite FPS i've ever played, but opinions are opinions

Love: having a lot of fun with the predator game!
hate: still don't have my corona money, wack.

Love: Fucking wake up, make coffee, stick some music on (new Trivium, again) and come on here to see... a fuck load of new posts?! (by our standards anyway haha) - what the fuck's going on guys. Quarantine is really getting to us! Silver linings and all that. Good to see a minor resurrection.

Hate: Feeling sick this morning, no idea why. Isn't the dreaded virus... just feel nauseous as fuck. :puke:

Also, I know fuck all about gaming so I can't join in on that conversation.

Good to see you back man! Sorry to hear about the bout of depression, it's tough - nobody can ever fully understand your personal situation. But I know all too well what it's like to be depressed. If you ever wanna talk about it or think it might help give me a shout. It's a fucked up time we're going through, where mental health is as much an issue as physical in my opinion - hang in there bud.

The combat ain't that bad! and doom eternal was terrible? that's it, i'm leaving the forums forever!! :lol: For me, it's probably my favorite FPS i've ever played, but opinions are opinions

FF7 combat is only bad because I'm comparing it to Sekiro. I'm loving it so far. Just got to Wall Market. All the characters just exude such personality and charisma. I love it. <3

Yeah, I really did not like Doom Eternal. I wanted to, but couldn't. I might play through it one more time just to see if it's really that bad, but I might not even do that. It just isn't for me. :(

Good to see you back man! Sorry to hear about the bout of depression, it's tough - nobody can ever fully understand your personal situation. But I know all too well what it's like to be depressed. If you ever wanna talk about it or think it might help give me a shout. It's a fucked up time we're going through, where mental health is as much an issue as physical in my opinion - hang in there bud.

I appreciate it, friend. I really really do. I'm okay today though! Doing better. <3

And that's fair Keenan. I just hit chapter 8 in FFVII remake myself, been taking it very slow.

Love: The new solo hayley williams album leaked and its absolutely my album of the year. Probably not what any of you guys would ever listen to, but god damn it hits
Hate: Really miss the friends today, Covid can suck the fatest part of my ass

EDIT: Also I changed my name on here to Darkofeden because that's my name on literally everything else, and it was hard to remember my stupid name on here

Last edited:
I'm at the point of no return in Chapter 14. Loving it so far... though, I'm a bit hesitant to go on and finish due to how controversial the ending is. I've been putting it off for a few days and have been trying to finish up postgame stuff in Dragon Quest XI.

Love : Buckethead
Hate : The fact that hurricane season starts in a month.

Love: FFVII Remake, the new predator game is pretty fun
Hate: I'm 25 today. I'm... not entirely sure how to feel. I'm always conflicted on birthdays because while they can be fun, I'm always reminded that younger me thought for SURE i'd be dead by 16 so it's always weird to keep going. I'm gonna try and have a good day though, because life is beautiful and worth living.

Happy Birthday man! Hope you have a good one, amidst everything...

Love: Apart from the staples, music, pizza etc. I really don't know right now...

This quarantine thing has kind of unleashed the inner lazy arse bum in me, both mentally and physically...

Hate: ...how much I'm going to struggle waking up and going back to working outside 6 days a week when all this is over.

Hate: Had this really weird thing happen today where my chest (heart?) get really tight and my vision cutting out for a sec. I want to go to a doctor soon but with what's going on right now I can't use it as a valid reason to make an appointment.
Like: Thank fuck I still have my job.

Hate: I'm 25 today. I'm... not entirely sure how to feel. I'm always conflicted on birthdays because while they can be fun, I'm always reminded that younger me thought for SURE i'd be dead by 16 so it's always weird to keep going. I'm gonna try and have a good day though, because life is beautiful and worth living.

Happy birthday man, hopefully today has been good to you.

Love/Hate : Finished the FF7 Remake. Holy shit. What the hell was the end of that game. I'll let anyone who has not finished ponder if I say this in a good or bad light.

Thank you friends, my birthday ended up being about as good as it could be.

Hate: Had this really weird thing happen today where my chest (heart?) get really tight and my vision cutting out for a sec. I want to go to a doctor soon but with what's going on right now I can't use it as a valid reason to make an appointment.

Well that's.... worrying. Hope that it stops because that's kinda scary as hell

Love: My first death stranding vinyl got here so hell yeah
Hate: the usual, miss the homies, wish i could leave the house

Like: UFC matches are a lot funnier without the crowd. Anytime the fighters throw a punch, the sound of it hitting the other guy lasts for like 5 seconds
Hate: Part of me misses being able to eat shitty fast food, but I think it's doing wonders for my health.