(New) Love/Hate Thread

Love: Goofy Movie is actually pretty rad. It was released the year I was born, so the few times I ever really saw it as a kid I was incredibly young. Watching it now, it is really well done.
Hate: The usual dipshit questions and emails from others that clarify jack shit about why their requests didn't go through.

Love: bored earlier so I decided to post my Evile stuff on instagram, not only did they share it but Ol said he hadn't seen one of those old ETG shirts since they were made. Turns out there was only maybe 15 made... pretty rad!

Screenshot_2020-06-12-15-16-25.png
Hate: Dunno what's gotten into me but this week I've completely lost my appetite... Weird!

^Nice! I really only have the album cover shirts. Except for Skull. Don't have that one. The other three are EXTREMELY well worn by this point. :lol:

Love : Sony's PS5 showcase yesterday. The console looks amazing, the new games look amazing.... oh, AND THE RUMORS OF A DEMON'S SOULS REMAKE WERE TRUE <3 <3 <3
Hate : I turn 30 in a month.

That's cool, have high hopes for album V.

I've been intermittently following his twitch too. A month or so back he played an intro (20 seconds or so) of a new song which sounded awesome. Just tried to find the stream it was on but I think after a while they become unavailable? Shame. Should've shared it earlier! Damn.

Love : Replaying The Last of Us right now. Game is still as great as it was when it released. No interest in the second one as I've maintained that the ending is perfect and it never needed a sequel since I finished it the first time.
Hate : This virus shit never seems to end. 9,000 - 10,000 cases a day here in Florida now.

Hate: Running on like three hours of sleep, been up since 3am reading wikipedia pages on various serial killers and reddit posts on unsolved mysteries.
Also Hate: Reading about how bad the climate has gotten in certain areas. In Toronto its been over 30 degrees celsius for the past week - I don't mind the humidity and I really like the heat, but when taking into account last year's temperatures, and the years before, the future starts to feel very bleak.
Like: Almost made 10 years in my FM save, and I'm giving Those Once Loyal a listen after seeing everyone talk about how good it is.

Love : Replaying The Last of Us right now. Game is still as great as it was when it released. No interest in the second one as I've maintained that the ending is perfect and it never needed a sequel since I finished it the first time.

Bummer, I finished that second one a few days after it came out and it's gotta be my favorite game of the PS4 gen. I loved the first one and absolutely love the second one. Despite our difference in opinion, I still wish you a very late birthday greeting :p

^ and guess what I turn 35 this year! You're still young.

Fucking hate: Had an accident last monday. I was doing my bike tour and running exercise like usual. I was falling down and injured my feet.
I had three really serious bike accidents already. I have enough of this shit.
The time when I broke my wrist was just enough.
First thought i had broken my left feet but it wasn't i suddenly stopped it.
I just been to the doctor and said it's a tearing of my lignament.
It got better but still hurts.. I hate when things happen you have no control about it. It takes 3 weeks to heal completely.

Love: Relaxing, Sleep, being Alive. Nothing special.

Happy B-day Keenan!

Love: Still alive and well

Hate: I don't like to be all doom and gloom but this covid resurgence in the USA has me down. Supposed to head back to work/teaching school in a few weeks and there is no fucking plan for keeping students and teachers safe. Then there is the dire state of affairs concerning the void of leadership at local, state, and national levels. I do not want to be pessimistic but things are looking grim.

^ I'm not sure how Nevada is doing, but you can't be doing worse than we are. I'm pretty sure Florida is the worst place in the country right now, virus-wise. :lol:
Our schools are supposed to open at the end of August regardless of the 10,000 new cases per day we've been averaging. It's absurd. How the hell are schools supposed to keep kids and teachers from getting sick when they can't even contain lice? Regardless of how well kids have adjusted to this "NeW nOrMal" bullshit, kids will still be kids... and that means containing something like covid-19 in schools is impossible. What happens when the teachers inevitably get sick? What happens when the substitutes get sick, too?

This whole virus situation is fucking dumb and I wish people would just stay the fuck home so we could all get over it.

/rant

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, guys! Feeling a bit better about my age now. A bit. :lol:

Love : The Midnight's new album, Ghost of Tsushima comes out tomorrow
Hate : Virus bullshit, people freaking out about masks, politics in general

^ I'm not sure how Nevada is doing, but you can't be doing worse than we are. I'm pretty sure Florida is the worst place in the country right now, virus-wise. :lol:
Our schools are supposed to open at the end of August regardless of the 10,000 new cases per day we've been averaging. It's absurd. How the hell are schools supposed to keep kids and teachers from getting sick when they can't even contain lice? Regardless of how well kids have adjusted to this "NeW nOrMal" bullshit, kids will still be kids... and that means containing something like covid-19 in schools is impossible. What happens when the teachers inevitably get sick? What happens when the substitutes get sick, too?

This whole virus situation is fucking dumb and I wish people would just stay the fuck home so we could all get over it.

/rant

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, guys! Feeling a bit better about my age now. A bit. :lol:

Love : The Midnight's new album, Ghost of Tsushima comes out tomorrow
Hate : Virus bullshit, people freaking out about masks, politics in general

Love: Ghost of Tsushima is pretty damn fantastic, I'm so glad that it worked out well for the studio
Hate: That masks have become this like......... political stance here in America. Like, just fucking wear one so that you protect yourself and help protect everyone else, it's really truly not that fuckin hard

Reactions: zerostatic
Love: Still alive and well, don't know anyone who has succumbed to Covid

Hate: Looks like school will be online for the first semester. My new school sent out an expected schedule and it will be interesting to see how it actually works. Have a couple of weeks to learn how to use Canvas.

My grandfather passed away early yesterday morning. He had been steadily declining for the past few years as he wasn't able to live on his own or do very much by himself. He had been living with us for the past four years or so. He started to rapidly decline over the course of the last week and passed away Monday morning. It got to the point over the weekend where it was just... time. It was for the best, rather than to just keep hanging on by a thread, know what I mean? No more political bullshit, no more virus bullshit, no more not being able to do what he wants... It was just for the best.

I'm not very good at writing up stuff like this, so I apologize for my poor writing skills if this doesn't make much sense.

Hate : Watching my mom stress out while getting things organized and taken care of.
Love : G4 is apparently coming back, so that's cool, I guess?

My grandfather passed away early yesterday morning. He had been steadily declining for the past few years as he wasn't able to live on his own or do very much by himself. He had been living with us for the past four years or so. He started to rapidly decline over the course of the last week and passed away Monday morning. It got to the point over the weekend where it was just... time. It was for the best, rather than to just keep hanging on by a thread, know what I mean? No more political bullshit, no more virus bullshit, no more not being able to do what he wants... It was just for the best.

I'm not very good at writing up stuff like this, so I apologize for my poor writing skills if this doesn't make much sense.

It makes sense, i'm sorry to hear this my friend. At least he's in a better place now.

Makes perfect sense Keenan. I lost my nan a few years back (the only grandparent I ever really had in life) and it was a similar situation surrounding her passing (minus the fucking pandemic). When it's just "time" it does seem to make it a little easier. Regardless, I'm sorry to hear.

My mum was left in a similar position too. It's real tough organising and dealing with all that stuff, especially during times like these. I always thought of you as a mature and intelligent one though, so you don't need me to tell you you've just gotta be there for her, support and help out if you can.

Much love!

Reactions: ThatOneDude