New Maiden single

NineFeetUnderground said:
you think his voice right now is stronger than powerslave?

then no...i cant elaborate, because your head is obviously full of jello pudding.

It hasn't changed much, it's still very much the same style, just he can't realise what he's trying to do as well as he used to. I understand what you're saying, it's not a derogatory statement toward Dickinson, but just an observation that with age the voice weakens. It happens to everyone, it's just with a vocalsit it actaully matters, because it's their lively hood, Mercury, Daltrey even Rose all went the same way, and these vocalists who had incredibly strong voices in their younger years.

Powers said:
It hasn't changed much, it's still very much the same style, just he can't realise what he's trying to do as well as he used to.
his control has immensely improved ... listen to npftd and fotd, his voice was wrecked. fortunately, he pulled his shit together and, beginning with accident of birth, his voice was better than anything since piece of mind.

listen to a maiden live recording from 84-93 and then listen to his recent performances... it's obvious his control and delivery is much better now.

strike 3 you're out :erk:

prowlergrig said:
his control has immensely improved ... listen to npftd and fotd, his voice was wrecked. fortunately, he pulled his shit together and, beginning with accident of birth, his voice was better than anything since piece of mind.

listen to a maiden live recording from 84-93 and then listen to his recent performances... it's obvious his control and delivery is much better now.

I agree. NPFTD and FOTD are pretty rough. I saw them 2 out of the last 3 times they came by, and Bruce's voice was in top form, actually. What had changed was me. I wasn't such a big fan of that wide a vibrato anymore. Or his ego. Tastes change.

(You know whose voice also still kicks ass live, btw? Dio. Unbelievable.)

prowlergrig said:

I saw them live last year and they were nothing to get excited about.

no album has been really worth listening to as a whole. but there are a couple good tracks here and there on the various albums, even on the x factor. actually that album is (or was) my guilty pleasure.

I think X Factor is great actually. It's the only Maiden material that fitted Blaze's voice, and it has a real dark feeling throughout the whole album (that is, compared to other Maiden albums). The Edge Of Darkness is a great song.

I've never been able to wrap my head around Blaze's voice. His are really the only Maiden (save the new live one) that I don't have. I like Sign of the Cross when its sung by Bruce, but I haven't heard the original. I do have Ed Hunter, so I've heard a number of Blaze songs. He just sounds off to me. Pretty unlistenable.

metal_wrath said:
about this thread in general. not your post specifically
Okay, but seeing as I'm the threadstarter...:erk:

So, the answer is: me, I guess. And a bunch of other people who've been listening to metal long enough to perhaps feel nostalgic about a band that used to be one of, if not, the best.

Knowing the very little I do about you, I'm not surprised you don't care, and that's okay.