New Sinergy Album?

To all the people talking shit about Allu's playing etc.:
First of all, none of us has any right to make assumptions on wheter Alexi can still play the old Sinergy stuff or not because there is no way we can know anything about that... So please, just shut up on it.
And... if it bothers you all sooooo much that "Alexi can't play anymore, he's just doing it, he's an alcoholic" etc. why are you even posting here?
Besides, I think it's about the rudest thing in the world to talk shit about someone you don't even fucking know :mad:

That's fucking retarded, people can say what they want. Shut the fuck up.

That's fucking retarded, people can say what they want. Shut the fuck up.

Dude... telling me to let people say what they wanna say and telling me to shut up in the next sentence doesn't excatly make you look like Einstein, either...
Besides, I wasn't saying that they had no right to say what they said, I was just saying that... If you don't know shit about something, you shouldn't talk shit about it...

If you don't know shit about something, you shouldn't talk shit about it...

Then stop talking. It doesn't take a genious to see that Alexi's playing has gotten worse, wheter or not he is trying to better himself for the new album, we don't know, but anyone can speculate.

Then stop talking. It doesn't take a genious to see that Alexi's playing has gotten worse, wheter or not he is trying to better himself for the new album, we don't know, but anyone can speculate.

Yep, that;s why we post here, to speculate. None of us has inside info, we have the right to guess at the truth, WHETHER OR NOT YOU "LIKE" our ideas. I love how upset people get when you speculate negatively about Alexi. I love Bodom, but things do not look so good as far as the technical end of things. Tokyo Warheart is far cleaner and stronger than Stockholm, Alexi keeps breaking bones (and I don't care if their website says that no damage was done), and they appear drunk like 90% of the time. As a huge Bodom/Sinergy fan, who has invested time and money into these bands, I can say whatever I want here, and I don't really care who is upset by it...at least our points are legit. I HOPE that Alexi proves me wrong, I would KILL for a sick new Bodom or Sinergy album...but I will not hold my breath.

as much as everybody seems to bash AYDY and Tie My Rope, which I'm not going to herald as stunning masterpieces, I think that it is valid to point out that their songs hold more direction. maybe you dont like the songwriting style, but in general alexi's songwriting is definitely more mature, as is his solo playing. not that he ever resorted to overt wankery, but i still think its improved.

as far as his playing skill, if anything ^^ stockholm knockout was cleaner than tokyo warhearts. he just plays more under control, whether it be experience or whatever. i think people seem to group "unfavorable songwriting" with "bad playing." jsut because you dont like the songwriting of Tie My Rope, there were definitely guitar parts that made me go, "holy shit thats great." that harmonized bit at the end of alexi's solo, that was super cool. that's why i think its important to look at "guitar skill" and "songwriting" from two different points of view. because i think every guitarist can appreciate the virtuosity of Tie My Rope, even if you're a FTR neo-classical groupie who is just here to bitch about the "good ol' days"

So what exactly did Alexi write for Sinergy? The whole Suicide... album?
I think Roope wrote at least the titel track himself and some others aswell.

For me it's a bit strange that a whole album can be lost. The should be backups. and when there are no backups the can rerecord their work, they all should know what they played in the recordings so the work would be less than for the first time.

Nope, Alexi write Suicide By My Side. If you buy the albums and look in the booklets, you can see exactly who wrote each of them. Laiho has probably written a good 70-80% of Sinergy material, whether that be all on his own or co-written.

as much as everybody seems to bash AYDY and Tie My Rope, which I'm not going to herald as stunning masterpieces, I think that it is valid to point out that their songs hold more direction. maybe you dont like the songwriting style, but in general alexi's songwriting is definitely more mature, as is his solo playing. not that he ever resorted to overt wankery, but i still think its improved.

as far as his playing skill, if anything ^^ stockholm knockout was cleaner than tokyo warhearts. he just plays more under control, whether it be experience or whatever. i think people seem to group "unfavorable songwriting" with "bad playing." jsut because you dont like the songwriting of Tie My Rope, there were definitely guitar parts that made me go, "holy shit thats great." that harmonized bit at the end of alexi's solo, that was super cool. that's why i think its important to look at "guitar skill" and "songwriting" from two different points of view. because i think every guitarist can appreciate the virtuosity of Tie My Rope, even if you're a FTR neo-classical groupie who is just here to bitch about the "good ol' days"

I've already stated that his compositional skills get better for every album. The first 3 albums had some really random things going on.

as far as his playing skill, if anything ^^ stockholm knockout was cleaner than tokyo warhearts. he just plays more under control, whether it be experience or whatever.

I do not agree with this, If you place TW Silent Night, Lake Bodom, and Downfall back to back with the newer SK versions, the drop in playing quality is obvious. Especially Lake Bodom, Alexi fucks the beginning up so bad he turns to Janne and smiles (you know the high note that he nails every time in TW), he doesn't even attempt it on the second try in the newer version. And he doesn't even try to nail his improv solo at the end of the song, instead there is...silence and Alexi and Roope kinda stare at each other.

There are plenty of great tracks on SK, but you cannot argue that it is cleaner.

.. since when did alexi's playing comparisons between TW and SK and others... have something to do with sinergy's album?

fascist :D

I do not agree with this, If you place TW Silent Night, Lake Bodom, and Downfall back to back with the newer SK versions, the drop in playing quality is obvious. Especially Lake Bodom, Alexi fucks the beginning up so bad he turns to Janne and smiles (you know the high note that he nails every time in TW), he doesn't even attempt it on the second try in the newer version. And he doesn't even try to nail his improv solo at the end of the song, instead there is...silence and Alexi and Roope kinda stare at each other.

There are plenty of great tracks on SK, but you cannot argue that it is cleaner.

alexi's soloing is not only more complex, but the band is just tighter. and i dont know what your talking about, fucking up the lake bodom intro, i think he just smiled because he did it twice in a row XD

fascist :D

alexi's soloing is not only more complex, but the band is just tighter. and i dont know what your talking about, fucking up the lake bodom intro, i think he just smiled because he did it twice in a row XD

Listen to Stockholm Lake Bodom. He screws up the high note right at the beginning...Exactly 13 seconds into the song, then he does not attempt it again at 27 seconds when he usually would...again compare it back-to-back with Tokyo version and you will see exactly what I mean as clear as day. ALSO Alexi, Janne and Jaska seem to disagree on the tempo for a few measures. Whatever, I'd sing it for you, but you wouldn't hear me :)
The part at the end of Lake Bodom where he usually sweeps and improvises is obviously completely missing. Either way, everybody argues both sides on the TW vs SK thing, I feel that Tokyo is a stronger performance given the songs they had back then, and Alexander is a true rhythm player whereas Roope is a converted lead player, and it shows thru on all the doodling he does (some of which is cool, some of which does not fit).

What does this discussion have to do with Sinergy? It has to do with whether or not Alexi still has the chops to play leads and solos like he used to for Sinergy, which will perhaps allow us to guess if there will EVER be another Sinergy album. Read thru the whole thread to find out more.

i think people seem to group "unfavorable songwriting" with "bad playing."

Word.

MasqueReaper said:
-- If you place TW Silent Night, Lake Bodom, and Downfall back to back with the newer SK versions, the drop in playing quality is obvious. Especially Lake Bodom, Alexi fucks the beginning up so bad he turns to Janne and smiles (you know the high note that he nails every time in TW), he doesn't even attempt it on the second try in the newer version. And he doesn't even try to nail his improv solo at the end of the song, instead there is...silence and Alexi and Roope kinda stare at each other.

I think you're going a bit too far when you define someone's current level of guitar playing by a moment that flashes by in a second. He played Lake Bodom much better in some other shows on that tour and you called the improv solo an improv solo for a reason; it's not always the same, it's not always even there. In my Helsinki bootleg a week after that he plays the improv well in a flu after a lot of non stop touring.

Nevertheless, I agree that if you go to see a random Bodom show, you're likely to see less accurate playing from Alexi than back in the days. As an avid fanboy I like to believe that it tells more about touring exhaustion (anyone up for 180 gigs in 13 months?) than his current skill level.

tw is alot better,everything is also faster too,he lacks in vocals to,in tw he almosts does full screams with no shortcuts
also they plau snbn a bit different too

I just came up with a theory.

Could it be they're not looking like releasing the new Sinergy album.. because they're using its material for the new Children Of Bodom album to make sure it rocks?

Stuff like solos and complicated song construction parts ready on paper would save them loads of time and allow them to just concentrate on designing cool songs.

Sinergy is sort of a project band anyway.. not near as important as COB, who are in a do or die / make or break -situation, everyone's holding breath waiting for the new album like it is the one that decides if this is one of the greatest bands of all time.

*Worst they could do would be to release a shit COB album and a shit Sinergy album.

I know people already think Tie My Rope is like a mix of many songs.. like not similar all way thru.

It would be so cool if COB made all their suspicious fans go "HOLY SHIT" just when they thought they were dead..

Btw. On the subject of Alexis guitar skills growing worse...i gotta say:Fuckin Bullshit!!! You shoud have seen him on tuska. He didnt whammy out his solos but he playd it damn accurately and he was all around better+ His guitar sounded 10 million times better than before IMO.

Btw. On the subject of Alexis guitar skills growing worse...i gotta say:Fuckin Bullshit!!! You shoud have seen him on tuska. He didnt whammy out his solos but he playd it damn accurately and he was all around better+ His guitar sounded 10 million times better than before IMO.

Great, then post a video or something, the only reason many people feel the way they do about Alexi's playing is because they have either seen him recently (as I have) or have seen recent live videos that are less than impressive. It is not enough to say that you saw him and he was great. He was great when I saw him too, but he just is nowhere near as accurate as he used to be (have you ever seen the Tuska 2004 video or the 2001 Mystic Festival video? Completely flawless, breathtaking). Ever since he broke his arm, every video I see is less and less impressive...so please show me something new that shows us that he is still the best in the world, PLEASE!!