New SOILWORK Drum Tracking Video

I don't get it either. This is the official beat of every basement or squat house show I've ever been to (I bet kyle knows what I'm talking about).
Also, Dirk is incredible. period. There isn't anything to discuss on that topic besides the specific ways in which he is incredible.

QFT :headbang:

I personally believe there are many out here who don't have a clue whatsoever but they still strive to post. Anything. Sorry for the offtopic.
Dirk rules. Period.

I don't get it either. This is the official beat of every basement or squat house show I've ever been to (I bet kyle knows what I'm talking about).
Also, Dirk is incredible. period. There isn't anything to discuss on that topic besides the specific ways in which he is incredible.

Absolutely! I don't get at all what the big controversy is over this. Jeff pretty much stated it clearly.

Finally got around to watching this video, definitely as awesome a drummer as I expected (I have seen them live, but I was at the very front of the pit so I was more focused on the rest of the band), and what I can hear of the music sounds fucking awesome, I love that off-beat china almost Daath-esque dance groove at like 1:10 :lol::headbang::headbang:

Dirk is the man and that is a lot more mics on the kit then when we did the Aborted ep. One of the easiest drummers to record btw, every hit is powerful as fuck even at the quick tempos.

If 16th notes can be played with one hand... then it's not even fast enough to be called a blast beat.

No one does this... (if it is being done it's a fast punk beat.. and it's really not that fast though it might sound really busy)

As far as blast beats go this one isn't that fast at all. But nor is it obnoxious and tasteless like the majority.
He's making it groove at the same time as it punishes, playing 8ths on the hats but accenting the 1/4 notes.

Killer video, badass drumming, killer drums tones.

And that blast beat discussion was funny :) To me there's no "cheating" here, he's just playing one kind of blast beat (i can picture at least 5 different types of blast beats if not more), some kinda old school one you can hear in some death metal/grindcore/black metal/old school hardcore (yeah it sounds like a slightly sped-up old school hardcore beat), but very rare in modern deathcore bands for instance, so i understand how one can find it "odd" when he hasn't heard that type of beat before and only knows the most "widespread/standard" types of blastbeats (AKA the Morbid Angel regular, the Suffoblast and the Cannibal Corpse blast).

This sounds so much more promising then the last album...drumming was insane but production was horrible. Can't wait for the new one!

No no no you guys have got it all wrong. He is actually playing 18/16 on the kicks, 7,412/3,2 on the snare and accenting every 7,993/3,9 on the high hat while doing a swiss triplet with his ... balls.

Seriously. It's a simple beat, I can't believe so many people fucked up their guesses at how it was played. :O

Edit: Oh and yeah, Dirk is tits!