Next Testament CD

I don't understand at all. All this time for 10 songs one of which is already done?...Metallicas album will definitely be out first. Not that I'm getting it lol.It would have to be unbelievably amazing

http://www.metalforcesmagazine.com/site/feature-testament-05-16/
So, Eric says September/October. I guess this is as close to the real release date as it gets at this point.

You guys are probably gonna be happy, 'cause, of course, the record will be super brutal (says Eric). I'm not too thrilled to find out that he wrote it all by himself. I mean, why have Skolnick, DiGiorgio and Hoglan in the band, if none of them contributes to the writing? It's not all Eric's fault probably, but still some diversity would be welcome, as well as using some of the talent that is in the band, not just in its leader. I can understand hired guns, but I also guess they do feel some association with the band, and with so many years between the albums Eric could have made them bring something to the table - even with Chuck opting for more tours (which is another interesting and annoying thread to be found in the interview, so is the setlist - Eric seems to be the only one interested in shaking it up a little bit with probably Chuck being the main obstacle again).

The interview is good, though. When in a mood, Eric is one of the best guys in the scene to listen/read to.

Oh, yeah, the single is coming. It's just right behind the corner LOL

Reactions: redfly