Next Testament CD

Even with the ways I think TFOD could have gone futher (and who am?! lol) when I hear Testament on the Dirt bike game for PS3 it sounds a million times better than anyone else who has a song on that game,and it's not a horrible soundtrack as far as games go.Testament just sounds so professional and ass kicking.

Figured everyone would have seen this on Blabbermouth.net by now, but...(from May 19)

In a brand new posting on his Twitter profile, TESTAMENT guitarist Alex Skolnick writes, "Another tune done! My riffs from last week [plus] some of [fellow TESTAMENT guitarist Eric Peterson's plus] new ones we wrote today. Planning one more, then we've got more than we need."

They're to go into the studio to start recording on the 20th, according to their last update on facebook. :kickass:

I agree about taking time,But hell even when they rush "Souls" it's awesome.Formation was a while in the making and while I love it I don't know if I consider it a masterpiece.You can sometimes ruin things by taking to much time a mucking with songs,sometimes it loses the original edge.Not that this would happen to Testament!
Really I just want a real update a snippet of song or some studio footage.

Yeah I don't think Testament like the internet world cause I never see them on it. Testament are very experienced songwriters now, I don't think taking too much time would sacrifice their art.

San Francisco Bay Area thrash metal veterans TESTAMENT have just entered the studio with British producer Andy Sneap (MEGADETH, ARCH ENEMY, NEVERMORE, MACHINE HEAD) to begin recording their new album for a late 2011 release.

Due to a "serious injury," drummer Paul Bostaph is unable to take part in the new CD recordings but will rejoin TESTAMENT for future touring activities. Playing drums on the follow-up to 2008's "The Formation Of Damnation" will be Gene "The Atomic Clock" Hoglan (ex-DARK ANGEL, ex-STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, FEAR FACTORY, DETHKLOK), with LAMB OF GOD's Chris Adler set to make a special guest appearance on a couple of bonus tracks.

Hoglan previously played drums on TESTAMENT's 1997 album, "Demonic", but didn't stick around long enough to do any touring with the band.

i hope Paul will be back soon... he fits the Testament Style very well in my opinion; Hoglan and Adler are great drummers though.

anyway, can't wait for a new record any longer so i'm psyched they're in the studio already!

The new album will be brutal as fuck with Gene the machine Hoglan behind the kit. Can't wait for some blasting double bass drums.

Bostaph is one of my favorite drummers but those will be some tough shoes to fill once he get's back. IMO the two fastest drummers in the world are Gene Hoglan (Fear Factory) and Tim Yeung (Morbid Angel). They are super tight and skilled! This adds a fresh new dimension to the new album so I'm psyched!

Gene to record and Bostaph to tour. Sounds like a win win situation :hotjump:

I hope Paul will be OK,what bad timing!I'm a little surprised that they didn't give Barker a second chance since he was supposed to drum on "Formation"

Gene will do a great job.

Yeah I thought they'd try to get Clemente or Barker back. Or even Tempesta or someone. But as Hoglan is better than all three of them, it's k. Though I personally think Paul is the best drummer within Testament... his work in Formation blows away Gene's in Demonic.

I hope Paul recovers as soon as possible. He is such a great drummer for Testament. As for Gene - probably one of the best replacements they could have. I wish I could say the same about the guy from LoG, but at least he may help the album reach some kids. I'm glad they didn't get Barker to record the album instead of Paul. IMO he hadn't fit in Testament.

I'd love to hear Bobby Jarzombek, Marquis Marky or Matt Vander Ende play with them one day.