Next Testament CD

And what's this about bonus tracks?! what happened to "we don't write extra songs"? They are going to make me import this cd for some extreme amount of cash aren't they?!
Just put everything on the regular release!!...Please!!!!!

Gene used to be in SYL but they disbanded. Then he joined Fear Factory but I don't even know if he is still in the group since he moves around so much you never know where he'll end up.

Yeay! I really cant wait for the new album its gonna be fucking amazing hopefully more than 10 songs though! And on these apparent bonus tracks isnt the lamb of god singer meant to be singing with testament on one???...I dont really like that idea tbh as testament is testament and LOG is LOG I think its daft to fuse it up,but thats just my opinion though guys! :)

I absolutely hated how he killed that Overkill track. Testament could have found a way better partner for Chuck for those bonus tracks (Anderson, Blitz, Osegueda, Oliva, Anselmo, White to name just a few). However, like I said, it might help them get exposed to mallcore kids, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for any of the parties.

hahaha.I don't like any of those singers except for Anselmo.To each their own I suppose.
I don't get how you could like Blitz but not Blythe.Both have rude obnoxious vocals and are acquired tastes too like.

maybe it's just a matter of personal taste, but Blitz, as far from a classical singer as he is, is unique, funny and charismatic in his singing, whereas Blythe sounds like any singer in a garage band, which is annoying. To each their own, I agree.

In a new online posting, TESTAMENT bassist Greg Christian states, "Eric [Peterson, guitar], Gene, Andy and I have been in the studio jammin' on the new songs since last week and today is the last day of pre-production. Gene starts recording the drum tracks tomorrow. It's coming to be, and it's heavy as shit."

maybe it's just a matter of personal taste, but Blitz, as far from a classical singer as he is, is unique, funny and charismatic in his singing, whereas Blythe sounds like any singer in a garage band, which is annoying. To each their own, I agree.

I guess I don't listen to many different bands(newer anyway).Blythe sounds like himself to me for the most part and has some good Chuckish roars.I have loved Overkill since 87 but sometimes Blitz makes me wonder what the hell he is thinking.

I'm not trying to be an advocate for Lamb of God but I do think there are worse bands out there.I think they keep in the spirit of trash which is why Testament picked them"if it's true".The guitar sound is a little weak but is played with some originality.But I don't like much of what they do.
And well Overkill just IS. They are untouchable I agree.

I like the new Anthrax song,have you heard it?

In a new online posting, TESTAMENT bassist Greg Christian states, "Eric [Peterson, guitar], Gene, Andy and I have been in the studio jammin' on the new songs since last week and today is the last day of pre-production. Gene starts recording the drum tracks tomorrow. It's coming to be, and it's heavy as shit."

FUCK YEAH!!!!!

I guess I don't listen to many different bands(newer anyway).Blythe sounds like himself to me for the most part and has some good Chuckish roars.I have loved Overkill since 87 but sometimes Blitz makes me wonder what the hell he is thinking.

I'm not trying to be an advocate for Lamb of God but I do think there are worse bands out there.I think they keep in the spirit of trash which is why Testament picked them"if it's true".The guitar sound is a little weak but is played with some originality.But I don't like much of what they do.
And well Overkill just IS. They are untouchable I agree.

I like the new Anthrax song,have you heard it?

I honestly can't stomach 99% of the bands that have come out within the last 10 years. It all sounds like the same metalcore bullshit to me and they all look like they bought out their local Hot Topic with mommy and daddy's credit card. If you saw the South Park episode a few weeks ago with the "teen wave" stuff, that's what most of these newer bands sound like to me; a bunch of shit (and Avenged Sevenfold tops that list).

For me, Blythe completely ruined that song and I have a hunch he'll do the same thing to the Testament song. I don't like vocal guest appearances in the first place because they're never going to replicate it live and you're not used to hearing that "foreign" voice over the band that's playing anyways. The only "death growls" that I like are Chuck's and Johann Hegg's. After that? Get a throat lozenge.

OK, I'm off my angry old man rant.

The new Anthrax song is really good. I saw some people on that board complaining about the "poppy" chorus but it doesn't bother me, especially since Joey is back in the band and the Bush days are nothing but a memory now.

The rest of 2011 is shaping up (for me) like this: Megadeth reissue of "Peace Sells", new Communic, new Megadeth, new Anthrax, new Testament, Pink Floyd reissues (for the live bonus material only), maybe a new disc from The Gathering and hopefully the new Lacuna Coil won't suck like the last two but I doubt it.

I'm not really up on what metalcore is but if it's anything like Suicide Silence I hate it.I wouldn't really put LOG in that category though.
I'm not a big fan of guest vocals either.But I always thought it would be cool if Chuck and Blitz and maybe Dave or Eric AK from Flotsam did something together.I can't get into heavy bands with female singers anymore than I can get into heavy bands with keyboards.Although I hate their male singer even more.I'm not sure what that guy brings to the table.
The Megadeth "Peace" reissue is some megabucks! at least for the version I'd get.

I really like the new Anthrax as well.It's their best song since 90" I do however think the chorus is a little poppy and wish they had gone a different way.
But I figure it's their radio or movie track for this album so I don't let it bother me.I will be turning the volume down on that part when I'm driving around though!

But I always thought it would be cool if Chuck and Blitz and maybe Dave or Eric AK from Flotsam did something together.

I second that. As long as Chuck doesn't limit himself to growling only.

I hadn't known Anthrax had released a new song. Will have to check that outfor sure, although I'm not a big fan of them.

It's great the new Testament actually is happening. Less than 4 years since TFOD.:danceboy: