Next Testament CD

Yes it is, hence he's going to get a tub of protein powder shoved somewhere the sun don't shine if he's not more cooperative. :)

Reactions: redfly
Given that they are writing at the moment and I believe Testament have finished the Slayer tour it would be a good time for Gene to get off his arse with DA. He says he goes up to Sacramento for a few days (I think is what he said) and then when the album is recorded I assume they'll hit the road for summer/autumn in the US. So of he doesn't get something done with DA in this few months off the road I can't see it happening again for a few years.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Eric and Mike both have a new band together that is hasn't appeared to have played much and may be writing. Jim is playing in bands as is Ron but neither have current gigs.

However Hoglan did announce in an interview in Feb,
Dark Angel has 5 or 6 songs on the go and the new album will be released by the end of this year or by 2020​

It's also a nice big window to play with. Maybe the race between DA and Megadeth is on.

I'm still annoyed with Gene and Dark Angel for taking so long, but if Megadave does not get their album out first I think it's time for Dave to retire.

I can see Dave's had a lot on his plate the last 18 months. Even the fact that he chose to concentrate more on the 35th anniversary rather than a new album doesn't really bother me. What bothers me is the continued promises of a new album that they don't seem to be recording at any great pace. Jnr's touring with Bello and or himself. Kiko is doing solo stuff in the UK/Europe, not sure what Dirk is doing but with two members in different parts of the world it makes it hard to think they are putting huge efforts into writing and recording.

I read the news about the new Testament album with some trepidation for the same reason. I know Testament don't have the same record for leading fans on but it just seemed like they had a lot on and too many bands were announcing new albums long before they should have been.

Yeah I have no idea what's going on with Megadeth, but I'm not really worried what the other guys are doing. Dave says they send him stuff over the computer and that's all they need to do because Dave's the main guy. But what Dave is doing with all this side stuff while at the same time blasting us with the same old album news does bug me.

Testament I pretty much take at their word this time. It took longer than they wanted last time around and they didn't like it. So hopefully they can follow through.

Reactions: Slammed
I follow Jnr a little bit but not Kiko or Dirk. I can also see that Dave has put a lot of work into the Warheads album and re-releasing all the other stuff but I'm sure he knew he wanted to do all that so to me he should have been up front and said he was concentrating on that stuff and the album would be two years away not given us stupid little updates and told us the album was coming.

I figure Testament will be true to their word but it does suck so many others are making it hard to take any band at their word.

I agree, that greatest hits seemed to come out of nowhere. But it had clearly been planned for a while. And then all the cruise plans and the Hendrix thing and I think there was other stuff. But hey we're working on that album! lol

Reactions: Slammed
Oh yeah I forgot about the cruise and Hendrix thing. Shit it's no wonder Kiko went on his own tour!
We haven't heard anything from their recording yet, but we do have Dave's son telling us that they have a killer song, so that's enough for me :)

My parents just got home from a cruise of New Zealand. I'm not sure what surprised me more, the fact that Dad actually liked being on a boat he couldn't fish from for two weeks or that he wouldn't pay for me to to go on the Megadeth Cruise. It's not like I was being greedy I told him I'd be happy with the second level room and not the room with the grand piano in it.