Next Testament CD

I wonder whose butt he kissed to get himself a pre-release copy :)

Yeah agree, I still have a large vinyl collection but I can't remember the last time I listened to them. It was probably when I was converting the hard to get ones into mp3s. I would think it would have to be really special for me to buy vinyl now days.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Exactly I mean I would love to have the warm sound of vinyl again,but you really have to have the time to actually enjoy it properly.Plus I like to crank it loud and proud so I’m afraid the stylus wouldn’t track so well lol!

Reactions: redfly
Yeah I'd have to put the turntable on the stereo in the lounge room which isn't really that practical especially with the kids home. Buying new vinyl would really just add to the stack and eventually the stack would get to big for it's current home.

Are you guys under any kind of shutdown? How are you going to go getting the new album?
At this stage record shops here are still open even though we've been asked to stay inside. Not sure how it will be by April 3. Pre order from the shops is possible but the postal service is so fucking slow lately. I'm not afraid of going to the shop if it's open but at the same time I am trying to do what the government is telling us to do. Think I might have to go digital on release day and then see how the postal service is working once the album is released.

On the note of vinyl I just looked at the pre order for Titans picture discs and it's $57.99. Standard double vinyl is $49.99. Standard CD is $19.99

On releases like this,we still have a Newbury Comics about a half hour south of me so after work I’ll pick it up you know like the days of OL’

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
If they don't I'm not overly worried. I'm pretty sure the digital version will be available on time and I do spend most of my time with the computer on. Even with the kids sitting here on their computers I'm listening to Bolt Thrower, it's not overly loud but it's pretty much how I listen to music most of the time. And hopefully by the 3rd I'll have my new head unit in which doesn't have a CD player so I'll have to make Testament digital for car listening anyway.

Exactly I mean I would love to have the warm sound of vinyl again,but you really have to have the time to actually enjoy it properly.Plus I like to crank it loud and proud so I’m afraid the stylus wouldn’t track so well lol!
Not only that but the space required for a real collection isn't small. And I'd always want the rarest one and blah blah. Who needs the hassle?

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Yeah I'd have to put the turntable on the stereo in the lounge room which isn't really that practical especially with the kids home. Buying new vinyl would really just add to the stack and eventually the stack would get to big for it's current home.

Are you guys under any kind of shutdown? How are you going to go getting the new album?
At this stage record shops here are still open even though we've been asked to stay inside. Not sure how it will be by April 3. Pre order from the shops is possible but the postal service is so fucking slow lately. I'm not afraid of going to the shop if it's open but at the same time I am trying to do what the government is telling us to do. Think I might have to go digital on release day and then see how the postal service is working once the album is released.

On the note of vinyl I just looked at the pre order for Titans picture discs and it's $57.99. Standard double vinyl is $49.99. Standard CD is $19.99
We have been asked to only go out for essentials and stay 6 feet from each other. A lot of restaurants are offering delivery and curbside. Ones that can't are screwed. Everything is closing earlier and certain days have old people first hours,

I preordered the German jewel case from the US NB store. They sent out email telling about how they were still shipping and that they were taking safety precautions, sterilizing and such. I sent them an email asking if the German store was doing the same and if there would be any delay in shipping. It's been about a week and they have not responded.

Reactions: Slammed
We have been asked to only go out for essentials and stay 6 feet from each other. A lot of restaurants are offering delivery and curbside. Ones that can't are screwed. Everything is closing earlier and certain days have old people first hours,

I preordered the German jewel case from the US NB store. They sent out email telling about how they were still shipping and that they were taking safety precautions, sterilizing and such. I sent them an email asking if the German store was doing the same and if there would be any delay in shipping. It's been about a week and they have not responded.

Sounds a bit similar to us. Much to the hatred of some internet whingers our government is being sensible and saying you can walk with your family but don't do it in groups. Don't have parties, don't do those social things. But go to the shops and get food etc and we will monitor everything closely but we are not going to go for total lockdown unless absolutely necessary.

I suppose I could have pre-ordered from them, not sure how the costs compare, but again mail from overseas is fucking terrible at the best of times.

Sounds a bit similar to us. Much to the hatred of some internet whingers our government is being sensible and saying you can walk with your family but don't do it in groups. Don't have parties, don't do those social things. But go to the shops and get food etc and we will monitor everything closely but we are not going to go for total lockdown unless absolutely necessary.

I suppose I could have pre-ordered from them, not sure how the costs compare, but again mail from overseas is fucking terrible at the best of times.

I believe after tax it was $19.99.

Reactions: Slammed