Next Testament CD

Yeah I don't think I've seen him do anything other than bitch. He had an album in about 2017, which was mostly terrible but he blamed everyone else for it not selling and for the tour failing.

Back then Skolnick was too scared to let people know he liked jazz :)

I listened to the album again yesterday while I was cleaning up my office and getting to that last song is just a real let down even when it's background music.

Reactions: redfly
That's exactly the response I would expect from him.

Yeah, I don't understand how they could listen back and give it the ok without beefing it up. I'm glad chuck made the call to not have it open the album.

Reactions: Slammed
Yep he's definitely predictable. I think that's the problem with the love for him in the Billy section. They know he's a twat, they know he acts like one, but admitting it is hard.

It's definitely weird. The album may not be the hardest hitting stuff from woe to go but the end just kills any power it had.

Wow I gotta say I'm surprised with the Australia result. Top 30 may not sound great but in this country a thrash metal band in the top 100 is a fairly big thing.

93847323_10163238464270332_6712972109133381632_o.jpg

Hey congratulations Testament!!
That's pretty cool! What the fuck is wrong with Sweden? It seems like they are always like that towards thrash. I think Eric should stop doing black metal in protest. :p

Yeah I'd have been more surprised too see the figures for Sweden and Australia swapped. But I do kind of object to the US #5 Current Rock albums, even with Catacombs on it it's still far from a rock album!

Oh didn't you know? everything that's not rap is rock here. No metal :rolleyes:

Yeah I guess that's why we have metal bands begging to get into the RNR HOF. It's the same here which is why metal rarely makes the charts. The independent radio stations usually have their own charts that map all genres but the commercial ones only even do pop shit and it's why metal struggles so badly to break the charts here. We have had metal albums out sell pop albums but they were not added to the charts simply because they were metal.

I'm pretty happy with the new album overall. Despite all the vocal melodies it does seem thrashier than Brotherhood.

Yeah I am too. I think they'd progressed without going way out or away from what they are known for and I think they've offered a pretty solid thrash album.

Yeah I guess that's why we have metal bands begging to get into the RNR HOF. It's the same here which is why metal rarely makes the charts. The independent radio stations usually have their own charts that map all genres but the commercial ones only even do pop shit and it's why metal struggles so badly to break the charts here. We have had metal albums out sell pop albums but they were not added to the charts simply because they were metal.
Yeah exactly, even if they do good they get the shaft. I'm really not sure what is even left of our independent stations. I honestly can't even think of one. Even the ones not owned by Clearchannel kinda model their airplay after them. Everyone is a pussy nowadays.

Yeah I am too. I think they'd progressed without going way out or away from what they are known for and I think they've offered a pretty solid thrash album.
I do miss his death growl though. I coulda used a little more of that and a little less harmonies. But they're still really good.
There is one part of a song I think he took it to far. I'm not sure which one it is but it reminds me of Saigon Kick.

Yeah exactly, even if they do good they get the shaft. I'm really not sure what is even left of our independent stations. I honestly can't even think of one. Even the ones not owned by Clearchannel kinda model their airplay after them. Everyone is a pussy nowadays.

Independent radio stations here are struggling but they still have a fairly good support network. Where I am I can't get the city ones without a big antenna and favourable weather but they chug along nicely with sponsors and people will to pay for ads because they play alternative stuff. The majority still tune in to commercial radio and the fuckwits that are paid big money to talk on it but like talkback AM radio independent FM radio that plays stuff other than top 40 has it's followers.

I do miss his death growl though. I coulda used a little more of that and a little less harmonies. But they're still really good.
There is one part of a song I think he took it to far. I'm not sure which one it is but it reminds me of Saigon Kick.

I think the growls on Osiris are some of the best growls Chuck's done, they fit really well into the song.

Yeah I think you're about that.
Holy shit is Code Of Hammurabi awesome. And that solo! Those sweeps are the best Alex has done since back in the day. So either the ones on Night Of The Witch are intentionally the way they are, or they are Eric's.