Next Testament CD

No I wasn't disappointed at all, I really like the album and if I wasn't on a Black Sabbath kick right now I'd probably be listening to it.

I tend not to hope for too much or for specific things with albums these days. With the lead times most albums get these days I find that if I have less expectation there is less to be let down with and more to like. I know it's not quite what you were talking about but as an example I didn't wish for 12 Alex solos, 10 Eric solos, a drum solo and Chuck yodelling, therefore I'm not upset that I didn't get that, but if I did it's a bonus and gives me more to like. (although now I am wondering what Chuck yodelling would really sound like)

For me, I realise I can't really listen to every song or album without some prejudice, but not expecting specific things lets me have more of an open mind. That sort of thought allowed me to listen to Annihilator's latest despite not liking what Jeff is doing these days, and while I still don't think Annihilator are what they could be I'm glad I gave it a listen because it's not a terrible album.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I still haven't gotten past Symptoms lol. There is some definite rehashing of music from The Gathering and Low so far. It's done in a cool way so I still like the songs. But rehashed never the less. I'm a bit surprised.

Reactions: Slammed
Lol, well it's not too bad. It's just some passages (I haven't gotten through the whole thing) part of City Of Angels has some reworked Eyes Of Wrath which is very surprising because they play it live lol. But City Of Angels is still a really great fucking song. Dream Deceiver has a bit of All I Could Bleed from LOW. It's not exact but it's close enough that I can't help but think of it.
Non of it is damning, just close and surprising.

Reactions: Slammed
It's an interesting song to make as catchy as it is because JP had a single of the same name years ago. They are nothing alike but it's the first thing I thought of when I saw the title on the album cover.

Reactions: redfly
It might be why they didn't release it as the first or second single too because I think it has single potential, although Testament aren't really a singles band either I don't suppose.

Yeah but I don't think they are a singles band. Their single releases seem to be a song or two to announce a new album, not a single to sell big numbers along side the albums.

What do you think Neptune? I mean there's no song with your name in the title. ( Neptune's Spear is what the ladies at the massage parlor call him) ;):tickled::saint::devil:

I suppose the name for the massage he gets is Riding The Snake?

Bahahahahaha you guys slay me!Singles these days just don’t seem to mean much,at least to me always thought they were the weaker tracks just to butter your muffin. I do really like the album though haven’t let it truly sink in yet.As far as The Gathering being revisited I think that Slammed hit the nail on the head,there doesn’t need to be another one and I don’t think there ever will be!

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
I think the last single I bought was a cassingle of No More Mr. Nice Guy. I do have a few singles I won back in the 80's and some EP's but I don't think I've bought one since Megadeth. Some times it's fun finding demos and EPs on Youtube though.

I used to hunt out some of those split albums from the less known bands as a way of finding new bands, but these days it's easier to just find them on wiki or Metal archives and then search for the band that sound interesting.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune