Next Testament CD

Gene is what problem? Lol. Do they not like the album and it's Gene's fault? I put no stock in that whatsoever. But if there was a problem like that it would on Eric. He does the drums patterns on a machine or with another drummer. At least with the two albums before.

Anyway. Fucking stupid.

I do think some of them are just looking for reasons not to like it, i.e. they've made their choice to not like it before hearing it and now they are looking for excuses. There was one comment about them being like Overkill and making one good album then cruising for the rest of their career making mediocre albums until thrash re-invents itself. It's just a sign of the times I'm sure.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I do think some of them are just looking for reasons not to like it, i.e. they've made their choice to not like it before hearing it and now they are looking for excuses. There was one comment about them being like Overkill and making one good album then cruising for the rest of their career making mediocre albums until thrash re-invents itself. It's just a sign of the times I'm sure.
Lol. One good album. I'd love to know who they think is good. So I can verbally shit on them.

Reactions: Slammed and Neptune
Uh oh! Reefer Madness!!

Not likely now, Mr. Spammy Pants ignored me. Honestly we've spoken about the poor service of music labels in this dire time of need. This guy comes along and advertises then doesn't respond to his customers. Does nobody understand good service any more?

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Not likely now, Mr. Spammy Pants ignored me. Honestly we've spoken about the poor service of music labels in this dire time of need. This guy comes along and advertises then doesn't respond to his customers. Does nobody understand good service any more?
Nope! The world's gone to hell in a handbasket I tells ya! I don't know what that means but I've heard people say it.. I'm pretty sure it was appropriate. :)

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Well that figures huh? He should go hang out with the guy that praised the last Metal Church.

As good as he is I don't know that Lombardo really made much of an impact with Testament.
New Metal Church is out today, how many copies are you getting?

Reactions: redfly
As good as he is I don't know that Lombardo really made much of an impact with Testament.
New Metal Church is out today, how many copies are you getting?
That's hard to say. I think those drums are a driving force on The Gathering I think it put them at a different level. I can't tell you how many times I would drive around and just listen to the drums in the first minute of Riding The Snake and then reverse it and play it again and again. But. It was only one album and 21 years ago.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I can totally understand that. I mean for me he did the same thing for Slayer that he did for Testament. Having not been that big into Slayer back in the day Dave was who I always took notice of.

Reactions: Slammed
I think my German import cd is defective. Children Of The Next Level has some really weird noise going over parts of the song. It's almost like a guitar effect that makes it sound like it's underwater. I don't hear it in the video. I'm listening thru my iTunes so that might be it. I have to put the cd into my Bose I guess to really know. But I'm not sure what to do if it is defective.

Reactions: Slammed
I can totally understand that. I mean for me he did the same thing for Slayer that he did for Testament. Having not been that big into Slayer back in the day Dave was who I always took notice of.

I didn't mind Dave in Philm, and although I liked him in ST I've always been a fan of ST so it wasn't just about him. Dead Cross was okay but I wasn't overly fussed. I don't care about him in Mr. Bungle and I don't remember listening to Grip Inc. But when I think of Dave my first thought is always Reign In Blood or Hell Awaits.

Reactions: redfly