Next Testament CD

I think my German import cd is defective. Children Of The Next Level has some really weird noise going over parts of the song. It's almost like a guitar effect that makes it sound like it's underwater. I don't hear it in the video. I'm listening thru my iTunes so that might be it. I have to put the cd into my Bose I guess to really know. But I'm not sure what to do if it is defective.

First thing would be to email NB and tell them. I would suggest if there is a problem yours is not the only one it's happened to given that these things are mass produced by the hundreds at a time. I would imagine if they know about it they will be quick to reply (after Easter) and probably be happy to help. It's been a few days since I listened to the album but I don't remember any underwater sound effects. I'd definitely check it out on a stereo system of some kind.

Reactions: redfly
I think my German import cd is defective. Children Of The Next Level has some really weird noise going over parts of the song. It's almost like a guitar effect that makes it sound like it's underwater. I don't hear it in the video. I'm listening thru my iTunes so that might be it. I have to put the cd into my Bose I guess to really know. But I'm not sure what to do if it is defective.
I can rip you a copy and have it to you in 2-3 days while you work it out with NB!

I wonder why it does it on only one song.
I've heard dodgy mp3's before and that shit can happen for a heap of reasons, but isn't iTunes playing the CD direct and not playing it as MP3?

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I'm not sure. I may have it set to go in as MP3. But still. Wtf. It made an all new sound glitch but it only lasted a second. I've been having a lot of sound issues with iTunes lately. I still haven't gotten thru the whole album. Before I get into a few things I've noticed I want to say that I think Symptoms is so far my favorite song on the album. I'd put it in with one of their best ever. It's progressive and heavy and Chuck sounds great and the bass. Just everything I love about this band. Go Alex!!!

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
You need to get rid of the iTunes Virus :p

I think my fave is still WWIII but I love the way Chuck changes it up on Curse of Osiris

I wish I could. So far I'm not that crazy about Ishtar's Gate but I've only heard it once. Oh and now I like Children Of The Next Level more than Night Of The Witch lol.

I think I've liked it more from the beginning. I don't care much about the topic but the song seems to flow better

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I was definitely expecting a nice instrumental for the track “Catacombs” and although it is a cool nod to to the beginning of the Low album, I was hoping for more intricate passages!

Reactions: redfly and Slammed