Next Testament CD

Watching the Devy part now.
I knew I recognised the interviewer but couldn't put a name to him until I read the Testament article. The guy has done metal radio shows here for years, he was far from a forerunner in doing them but he's got to have been with the same radio station for 20 or maybe even 25 years now.
I still need to finish it. Yeah the interviewer wasn't too bad overall. There was couple things he said that were kind of dumb. Like The Gathering needed to be better received. It's like huh? 20 years later people still rave about it lol.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I still need to finish it. Yeah the interviewer wasn't too bad overall. There was couple things he said that were kind of dumb. Like The Gathering needed to be better received. It's like huh? 20 years later people still rave about it lol.

I think it's a pre-requisite of interviews that you have to have one dumb question, or the interviewee must come up with a dumb answer. Some of the shit Devy replied with would be considered dumb if it wasn't Devy...with him everything is just strange. :)

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I'd really like to know how a band like Overkill choose their set lists for gigs these days. It must be hard with so many albums.

Reactions: redfly
There is a lot of bands that would be in the situation. Some have done one off gigs celebrating a single album, Maiden did an entire would tour based on an era of their recordings. Then with every new album comes a few more songs that have to be put into the set, it must be a real pain. I think there is room for many bands to mix up their shows and play different sets but very few seem to do that as well.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
There is a lot of bands that would be in the situation. Some have done one off gigs celebrating a single album, Maiden did an entire would tour based on an era of their recordings. Then with every new album comes a few more songs that have to be put into the set, it must be a real pain. I think there is room for many bands to mix up their shows and play different sets but very few seem to do that as well.
Very very few.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
We've got a hard rock band here (living in one of the states with relaxed rules) and they stream a show every Sunday. Three or four guys on a stage in a pub with 20 patrons and they play for an hour or so every weekend. They do themed shows, one week their own stuff, one week covers, one week, requests, one week something else. It doesn't make them much money but it's been going now for 16 weeks and they stream to a few thousand every show (which isn't bad for a small band on a Sunday afternoon) then add the show to YT for future viewing.

Sure such set ups aren't ideal for metal bands but geez I really think some of them could make the effort and do something like that just to keep their names out there and let fans see them doing something pro-active.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah the record labels are fairly weak and idle these days too. Considering labels own the music bands create and they pretty much have the ability to release anything under contract to them I'd have thought we'd see a wider releases of 'Best of' or 'Collections' come out during this time. I've seen a few albums which the bands themselves seem to be pushing, but it's not unheard of for labels to do such albums without the band's knowledge or say so.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
We could end up with another "Live Undead" which still today has people questioning whether it was a real live recording or a canned audience.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly