Next Testament CD

Yeah, I've seen them too. Plus there's this: http://www.captaint.com/talkingmetal...etaleps237.mp3 and this [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGOP-BPP8ys"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGOP-BPP8ys[/ame], if it counts. I've seen a couple of announced interviews on the web too, but those were live streams only and aren't available after they've been streamed I suppose.

I read one interview with Greg in a Polish magazine back in 2005 or 2006 I think. It was long and very informative. But it was in Polish.

Anyway, it would be good to see things around the band from his perspective from time to time, but maybe he just doesn't enjoy doing interviews ('cause I can't believe the interviewers are not interested to hear what he has to say).

And it would be great if he's right about the writing for the next album and I really hope he's part of the process!

Totally! Why not utilize his talents and have him put his mark on Testament's music since he's around? I mean he wrote most of Dark Angel's stuff practically all by himself, riffs and song structures included (and some of those riffs are classics). If not this, Eric could at least use some of Gene's drum patterns ideas, at least for one or two songs. I'm sure that wouldn't ruin his artistic vision and make the record suck :loco:. Of course, I utterly respect how Eric creates the music from start to finish, but since he's got himself such an asset, he should exploit it to the fullest and allow some new influence in.

Plus there's the lyrics. Let's be honest, metal isn't about lyrics (most of them suck), but Gene's ones do stand out quite a bit. His vocabulary and view on certain subjects were a tad more original than those of 99% lyricists in metal, even if you don't agree with his standpoint. Testament has had some decent lyrics in the past too, but in my opinion some of their latest stuff is a little bit too cliche in this department.

Anyway, I'm glad he's having fun and feels respected in the band. Hopefully, he'll do the next record with Testament.

I like the fact that even though hes a session musician hes so dedicated to Testament as to be fair they change their drummers more than most of us change our socks haha :)

Tell you guys what would be cool, if the webmasters compiled questions from all us guys on here (we have all been on here for years) and let us ask some questions fan to perr interview I think it be well cool!

Yeah they have had bad luck with drummers haven't they! Gene seems to really care.He's an outstanding drummer and all he wants is to be included.sounds good to me!

That is a great idea Kayleigh! I bet it would be the best interview they ever had!

Totally! Why not utilize his talents and have him put his mark on Testament's music since he's around? I mean he wrote most of Dark Angel's stuff practically all by himself, riffs and song structures included (and some of those riffs are classics). If not this, Eric could at least use some of Gene's drum patterns ideas, at least for one or two songs. I'm sure that wouldn't ruin his artistic vision and make the record suck :loco:. Of course, I utterly respect how Eric creates the music from start to finish, but since he's got himself such an asset, he should exploit it to the fullest and allow some new influence in.

Plus there's the lyrics. Let's be honest, metal isn't about lyrics (most of them suck), but Gene's ones do stand out quite a bit. His vocabulary and view on certain subjects were a tad more original than those of 99% lyricists in metal, even if you don't agree with his standpoint. Testament has had some decent lyrics in the past too, but in my opinion some of their latest stuff is a little bit too cliche in this department.

Anyway, I'm glad he's having fun and feels respected in the band. Hopefully, he'll do the next record with Testament.

The more I read about Gene the more prolific he seems! I mean he's been around and influenced so many.Even teaching Lombardo double bass,something Lombardo became metal royalty for!

I'm glad he has a good time in Testament.

As far as lyrics go I know what you mean.I haven't really had that problem though.All the bands I like have pretty good ones.I'll admit though,it seems like a lot of people like way more bands than I do.I'm very picky.sometimes that's good sometimes not.

I agree Testaments lyrics could be a little more real?...vicious?

I agree 100% They are still good but I think more raw and real covers it. If you look at the last two videos of Greg he looks exactly the same! And they have to be about 20 years apart.

Yeah, Greg seems to be one of those guys that don't seem to age. Good for him.

As for the lyrics, I don't know about raw Zet's and Eric's lyrics are pretty raw (vicious) and they're among the silliest for me (vide Legions of the Dead or First Strike is Deadly). Still better than in most of the bands (take Slayer, Anthrax, Kreator for example), but rather far from "Time Does Not Heal" or "Pain's Invention, Madness", aren't they? Anyway, as long as they're not completely ridiculous (which they are far from), it's fine by me.

Thanks for the link, redfly. Watching the man at work is always great pleasure.

Gotta love "Chasing Fear". Some others I don't like, but I admit that most of them are powerful and real indeed. They fit the hardcore side of the music on that disc.

I fucking love All I Could Bleed! Too bad they only played it live on the Low tour. Still better than in the case of Chasing Fear which I don't think ever got played live.

I remember when they asked what we wanted to hear live.I don't think they ever really followed through.Didn't Eric say it was really hard to get some people to do their homework?
I wonder the "they" is?Gotta be either Alex or Chuck right?

Yeah, Eric's definitely down for doing it. I could understand the problems when the line up was ever changing. The new guys had to first learn the classics properly and there was no time to rehearse something more before they were gone.

But with the classic line up back together for 8 years (minus the drummers) they could do that already. I would guess it's mostly Chuck's decision not to experiment with the more obscure songs. On the other hand, I can see Alex not wanting too play Reign of Terror. C.O.T.L.O.D. or stuff from Demonic. I'm pretty sure Greg willl play whatever the other guys decide. Same with Gene, probably. He would learn all the songs he's told to eagerly.

:worship: Haha, nice try redfly! :) We all know that's not probable at all, but let them defend themselves on stage. :kickass:

I'm sure stuff like Do or Die, Malpractice, Time is Coming, Return to Serenity or Chasing Fear could require more than 1 rehersal.