Next Testament CD

I'm still amazed that Chuck has never played anything at all or written a riff inTestament.Didn't he say he went to college for guitar?
I don't think he did.

But he's got a writing credit on Absence of Light. I've always wanted to ask him what his contribution to that song was. It must have been more than the usual vocal melodies, so perhaps guitar.

Hmm... I like the melodic parts from Dark Roots of Earth album so I hope they will keep that. But I hope for a great mix between old and new. Some songs are like Dark Roots of Earth, True American Hate, A Day In the Death and Native Blood but also songs that will remind you of songs like Practice What You Preach, Into the Pit, The Formation of Damnation, The Persecuted Won't Forget, Perilous Nation. But whatever they create I'm sure it will be freaking awesome.

Testament, forever and ever, the king of thrash.

Slotz, thanks for bringing this thread back to its subject. :kickass: With DROE being out for over a year we definitely should start talking about the "next testament cd". We know the guys like to take their time, so it's time we started applying some pressure on them.

Ha! fine have continuity! lol

Well I would love more fast songs .They are good at doing that and melody at the same time.I love DROE but I think it's time for another album with more thrash to it.
To keep a good mix to the catalog.I'm guessing like the mythical..shit what was the name of that song left off DROE?

Merciless Desecration is the song you're referring to I belive.

I like them both fast and slow. They always throw in some intriguiging melodies so it's all fine.

I wouldn't mind them going a little more progressive on this next one perhaps, A Day in the Death style. Hopefully not too much growling, 'cause as cool as it is it damages Chuck's voice.

Merciless Desecration is the song you're referring to I belive.

I like them both fast and slow. They always throw in some intriguiging melodies so it's all fine.

I wouldn't mind them going a little more progressive on this next one perhaps, A Day in the Death style. Hopefully not too much growling, 'cause as cool as it is it damages Chuck's voice.

But I love the growling! What I don't like is when his voice gets too high.Like some of the songs on Formation and one maybe two on DROE.

But I love the growling! What I don't like is when his voice gets too high.Like some of the songs on Formation and one maybe two on DROE.

I'm having some big troubles to like high pinched voice too and therefor I'm having a hard time to like Judas Priest. But Chuck Billy is one of the few singers I really enjoy with high pinch voice. His growling, clean and high pinch stands out a bit and are really good. :headbang:

As Blitz once said, Chuck's voice has a very clean top end. I love his shrieks from back in the day, especially that he didn't overuse them. In fact, I like most of the voices he's used over the years. He has probably the best growl in metal, but there's not much new to it anymore plus if it hurts his voice it's unnecessary.

Maybe he just needs to learn a different way of doing it? I've read sometimes even seasoned frontmen need to change how they are doing things if it hurts. I love most all Chucks voices he's used over the years.Right up until formation.As I've said a few times I think gets so high sometimes it's almost Zetro-ish.

Oh I would like to have something with the drums. Gene Hoglan is a really skilled drummer so maybe in one song they will play and in the middle of the song they will fade out and Gene comes up with something great with the drums and then the rest of the guys jump in again.