Next Testament CD

I'm here. Life's been pretty busy lately, but the bumming news today got me back here.

I agree with what you guys said. We saw it coming even if we wouldn't want to admit it. I'm still wondering what the real cause was. I don't suppose it was Greg feeling left out, becuse he was always in the shadow (same for musical differences, as Greg was flexible). However, I must admit that during his second run with the band he was even further from the spotlight than originally. And he had no writing credits on the new albums, save for Leave Me Forever I think, but that was a pre-Demonic era song.

Perhaps the family issues or the side project he got going and the lack of room for yet another member having to focus on something more than the band (risk of potential scheduling conflicts, which however isn't very probable given how the new band haven't released any music yet).

Hope it's not health problems, quarrels or impossibility to rely on one another.

That being said, I'm excited to see SDG back. I'm waiting for some bass solos and loud bass lines (louder than on TG).

Don't they? Especially these days they seem to have established good communication within the group and have mutual respect for each other, and just enjoy what they do. We don't see what's inside of course. And that's the way it should stay.

BTW, isn't it funny how we're discussing Greg's departure in 3 threads?

He deserves it!!! Let's make another one for him! LOL! By the way what you said on one of the other threads is dead on.He's practically ignored.I think Exodus' bass player said the most about him when he covered recently.Saying that Greg was one of the best in metal.TRUE.

Really,really encouraging always an cool and interesting process.Wish we all could be a couple flys on those walls:Spin:

They sure new how to cover up for the Greg situation. I'm really thrilled to see it actually is happening in January, even though these are the earliest stages possible. Great to know they found the time to get together and jam. I'm sure the chemistry is there, as strong as ever. Let's just hope they won't forget to get SDG involved.

Seems like this interview is a couple of months old. But yeah, summer would be cool. Especially that they actually did start doing something in January.

It's nice Chuck mentions John Doe. I'd be surprised if they ever did that live.

I think we all know the album won't be out this summer, especially if they're following a DROE process.

Somehow the vocals on the non-pro shot videos sounded better. Still, Chuck was better than Phil and Frankie.

I mean not Chuck, but Sir Charles William :D Chuck didn't seem too happy about being called like that.

That old story from Officer Nice (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/testament/136520-testament-related-topic.html) would confirm that:

Met Chuck standing behind him at the Will Call booth at SJ State Event Ctr
when Pantera was touring for FBD. The Will Call lady called him "Charles
Billy" and DE laughed and Chuck didn't. Chuck turned around and looked
at me to see if I was laughing, then turned his head back only to turn his
head around again to look at me because I was wearing my Return to The
Apocalyptic City T-shirt.

It was cool. That night Anselmo invited Chuck on stage and they sat
on the monitors and smoked weed and sang "Planet Caravan" at the
end of the night.

It also shows Chuck and Phill have performed together in the past. I remember watching an interview with Phil where he was mentioning some good party times with Chuck during Monsters of Rock in '92 or something.