Next Testament CD

He looks very happy as always! and healthy.I still think he could drop a few though lol

Hey? did it sound like Chucks mic got set lower than Phils when they took turns or is it me?

Oh hey here is some cool stuff from The Rhoads tribute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Chuck's mike wasn't as loud, definitely. Maybe because Chuck hadn't had the time to practice those extra Pantera songs and learn the lyrics.

You know, I really wanted to love this and I guess I do to a degree.First,I have nothing but praise for A.K.,the vocals are solid but different obviously,and the muscianship is great with solid production.But they gutted alot of the cadence and magic of what was.I must keep giving it a chance though,how about you?

You know, I really wanted to love this and I guess I do to a degree.First,I have nothing but praise for A.K.,the vocals are solid but different obviously,and the muscianship is great with solid production.But they gutted alot of the cadence and magic of what was.I must keep giving it a chance though,how about you?

I don't have much time to go into it now,but I'm not digging it.

Okay. flotsam remake.
Things they left alone sound great.The production is nice all the instruments ring clear.Erics voice overall is what I wanted to hear.Just meaner in general.However he changed some of the vocal melodies and they just don't sound right and there is a part at the end of one of the songs where he kind ..sings? the melody and it made me cringe.The same goes for the guitars and the bass.There is some great work done musically but it just doesn't fit like the original.How could it? the original flows together perfectly change can only hurt.Many of the little nuances are gone,the little feedbacks spots and other little string tweaks gone.The slowing down of certain things also just doesn't fit in.Since when does slower equal heavier?
Changing the words on Hard On You? awful.Why? because of the PMRC connection? Who the hell cares about relevant?! That songs captured a very real moment in metal history.Those clowns were a real threat.And we won!!! Many classic thrash bands have songs about that.Megadeth for one.Hook In Mouth.They haven't changed it.
I miss the gang vocals,all gone! Oh and bass,a lot of change.Saturday's alright for fighting...terrible.They ruined it in my opinion.Sucked what made that cover great right out of it.

Now,if I didn't know the original? I wouldn't have much to say in the way of negativity (except for Saturday) and some of the guitar parts don't completely flow in a way that I think I would notice either way.But many of them are killer! They sound great and fast and technical and inspired..Except I think Poland could have done better on one of them ( The Jones).But I think the guest spots overall were very good.The bass is really really good.Up front and clear and busy.The drums are great,no complaints there.The lyrics are much easier to understand! although since the original didn't come with them,they could have changed some more here and there but I couldn't be positive.

Overall.Good album if not compared to the masterpiece that is the original.I don't think they understand our reverence of it.And that could be a problem.To be honest I don't think gilbert gets it at all.It seems he wants thing to be simple and chuggy.and that's weird cause he's pretty damn good.Hopefully the new line up will have some fire.

Wow,great review redfly spot on.It's weird,because think about it when testament did the rerecordings elements improved dramatically even though they didn't have all original members either.But after skolnick brought in some of jazz influences to his take on the older soloing,it was to me mind boggling in good way.So i guess what i mean to say is,some can pull it off and some well fall a little short.

It is weird isn't it? Testaments was really good.The Megadeth remasters were awful.The Exodus one I thought was pretty good.As you say.Some pull it off some don't.....some really don't LOL!

To tell you the truth,It makes me a little skeptical towards future releases.

If I may bring up a Testament related issue ... :Spam:

Looks like the guys will be exploring some new territories. They're going to Indonesia. Good for them and I'm sure the fans there must be thrilled to finally see Testament live. BTW they will headline over a band called Burgerkill.

1622040_10200452519834108_117673948_n.jpg

cool promo poster.Would make a nice tee.Time to crush and conquer another region:devil:

Yeah the artwork is very cool. Just noticed there's a band called Down For Life. Testament tribute?

I wonder if the band has ever made a complete list of cities and countries they played in. They've still a bunch of countries or even regions to visit. Hopefully they'll manage to score many more markets in the years to come.

That's a good question one man.I really wish i could get my hands on some good sounding quality live performances:headbang: