Next Testament CD

I personally wouldn't like it if blastbeats became the primary drumming style for Testament, but seeing as that is very unlikely to happen, I'm not concerned about it. I'm not adverse to blastbeats, and think they have their place. So as long they are used sparingly, and just to add a bit of spice to certain songs, I won't have problem with it.

As for the weather thing, well in some parts down south they're thinking of rationing water because of drought. Most people complain about rain, but they don't realise that we actually need some sometimes! lol

If Testament made another album like Demonic, but with a lot of blast beats, it would definitely be classed as some genre of extreme metal.

However, Chuck has said that he thinks even some non-metal fans might like the album, and from what he and other members have said during interviews, I definitely don't get the impression the new album is going to be a "Demonic Pt:2", let alone some death metal/grindcore fest.

No,I agree it won't be Demonic 2.And I don't want to here blast beats everywhere either.However if the drummer is doing cool shit with his hands as well I would have no problem with it.
all these other genres have just taken parts of thrash and made whole songs from them anyway.
I still think "extreme metal'is an oxymoron lol!

No,I agree it won't be Demonic 2.And I don't want to here blast beats everywhere either.However if the drummer is doing cool shit with his hands as well I would have no problem with it.
all these other genres have just taken parts of thrash and made whole songs from them anyway.
I still think "extreme metal'is an oxymoron lol!

100% agreed! lol :)

I think the difference is, once Overkill started work on their new album, they kept working on it until it was finished. Testament kept interrupting their recording by going on tours, which is what caused the delays, and the release date of the album to keep being pushed back. Every time over the 2nd half of last year (and the start of this year!) I heard Testament were taking another tour, I was thinking "Geez, stop going on tour and just finish the album already! Then you can tour as much as you want!" hehee :rofl:

You are forgetting something. Bands can't make a living on record sales. Testament are probably funding the making of the record by that touring. You think these rinky dink metal labels have any money? Are you forgetting the debacle with Nevermore's "Enemies of Reality?" Century Media didn't put up shit for money and the album was garbage.

You are forgetting something. Bands can't make a living on record sales. Testament are probably funding the making of the record by that touring. You think these rinky dink metal labels have any money? Are you forgetting the debacle with Nevermore's "Enemies of Reality?" Century Media didn't put up shit for money and the album was garbage.

Overkill are no bigger than Testament. If anything, Testament are probably bigger than Overkill. They are also both on the same record label right now (Nuclear Blast). So really, if Overkill can do it, there's no reason why Testament shouldn't have been able to do the same.

I think "Enemies Of Reality" is an awesome album! It's far, far, from being garbage. I love that album a lot.

Frankly I'm disappointed with the new Overkill.I wish they had taken a little more time.I think Iron Bound is way better.
Didn't TFOD sell over 300 hundred thousand? That's surely enough to make a record.Chuck said they just kept getting offers they couldn't refuse.

LOVE DEMONIC! so evil.I mean c'mon at a time when most bands folded or went pussy Testament does the exact opposite...love it.

Frankly I'm disappointed with the new Overkill.I wish they had taken a little more time.I think Iron Bound is way better.
Didn't TFOD sell over 300 hundred thousand? That's surely enough to make a record.Chuck said they just kept getting offers they couldn't refuse.

LOVE DEMONIC! so evil.I mean c'mon at a time when most bands folded or went pussy Testament does the exact opposite...love it.

I haven't listened to the new Overkill yet (I will later today!) so I can't comment on that. However, the length of time between Ironbound and The Electric Age was round about the same length of time as there was between Immortalis and Ironbound. So IF the new album is sub par, it can't really be blamed on the length of time that was spent on writing and recording it. And, I do know TFOD sold very well, though I don't know the exact figure. It's pretty safe to say it did sell more than Ironbound however.

I also heard Chuck saying they kept getting "offers they couldn't refuse" tour wise. I don't think they took the tours to fund the new album's recording.

My thoughts on Demonic is that it's a pretty patchy album, but some of the songs are awesome, and I think it is an underrated album overall. I prefer The Gathering though, as it took the good elements of Demonic, and mixed them in with their earlier style. :)

@Alteredmindeath: Agreed. Demonic is the last album I would use to introduce someone to Testament, as it's the least representative of their overall style.

Overkill are no bigger than Testament. If anything, Testament are probably bigger than Overkill. They are also both on the same record label right now (Nuclear Blast). So really, if Overkill can do it, there's no reason why Testament shouldn't have been able to do the same.

I think "Enemies Of Reality" is an awesome album! It's far, far, from being garbage. I love that album a lot.

I thought Overkill is on eOne?

And Enemies is an awesome album but the original production was shit. Andy Sneap remastered it 2 years after its initial release and that was the one that people praised. The songs were good, but Kelly Gray's original production was ass.

And became generic in the process. One of the hallmarks of Testament is Chuck's awesome voice. With 'Demonic,' he was indistinguishable from all the corpsepaint covered shmucks from Scandinavia.

I thought Overkill is on eOne?

And Enemies is an awesome album but the original production was shit. Andy Sneap remastered it 2 years after its initial release and that was the one that people praised. The songs were good, but Kelly Gray's original production was ass.

They are on eONE Music in the US, but Nuclear Blast is their record company for Europe.

I didn't discover till years after I bought Enemies.... that some had a problem with it's original production. I've never had a problem with it myself, and never understood why it came in for so much flak. I've still never heard Andy Sneap's remaster of the album. I will have to at some point. But the original production is just fine to my ears... *shrugs*

About "Demonic", I wouldn't call it generic, though it is telling that my fave song on that album is the only one where Chuck uses his clean vocals the whole way through. ("Hatred's Rise") But still, songs like the crushing "Murky Waters" are also awesome, even though Chuck mainly uses the death vocals in them. The switch to the haunting cleans on the "Body's feeling lifeless..." part is amazing though, it has to be said!

I hope you mean the production of the album. they re-done it right after anyway because it sold pretty good.