Next Testament CD

Baa,I'm sitting here trying to watch the 2012 Download festival on TV and metallica is on...they are awful,it's all lights and explosions and having the crowd do most of the song..I sure hope this isn't what is inspiring Chuck.Because it's a lesson at how not to play.
Anthrax and Megadeth were pretty good.

In the meantime here's another one with Chuck. I think it's the 25th time I'm hearing about the band "finishing what they started", but I guess that's what you get when you ask the same questions as everybody.

What's more important is this:
I just think we have to keep the momentum going and I think we got to just keep writing more music quickly (not having such a big gap between the records). So, it would be nice to be able to pop out another record pretty quick.

However, I'd heard similar stuff in the past too. Let's hope this time we'll get another album within 2-2,5 years after the previous one.

I don't need to say what I think of metallica.I agree it would be awesome for Testament.

It would be good for them if Metallica took them out for a leg of a tour and not just one show. It would help boost their visibility to people who aren't aware of them.

Metallica has toured with Machine Head, who are from the Bay Area so it could happen. I don't think Metallica have given enough support to the other Bay Area bands.

The current bill of Testament/Overkill and Flotsam is great. I just wish they weren't playing in my area on Valentine's Day. The chances of me seeing them on that day, the first VD being married, is slim to none.

I don't think Metallica has given enough support to Metal in general. At least from when they hit it big. They could have brought some other bands out in the public eye, but instead they tour with limp biscuit and linkin park, pathetic. I guess they had to support their habits back then.

In the meantime here's another one with Chuck. I think it's the 25th time I'm hearing about the band "finishing what they started", but I guess that's what you get when you ask the same questions as everybody.

However, I'd heard similar stuff in the past too. Let's hope this time we'll get another album within 2-2,5 years after the previous one.

Yeah, that a live dvd or two. I'm always amazed by bands who I'm not too familiar with and they release these crazy packages that have multiple dvds with different shows and stuff. Testament could capitalize on that as well. Like I've said before, Maiden does a good job with that. Maybe it's the bands management that doesn't know what to do.

Baa,I'm sitting here trying to watch the 2012 Download festival on TV and metallica is on...they are awful,it's all lights and explosions and having the crowd do most of the song..I sure hope this isn't what is inspiring Chuck.Because it's a lesson at how not to play.
Anthrax and Megadeth were pretty good.

The sing a long crap started back during the black tour. I remember on the Live Shit box that Met put out, they had that on it and it shocked me. I thought who are these guys freaking Kiss (a band I intensely loathe)!

Yeah,I've heard that before! Here's to hoping.

As for Metallica supporting other bands. Didn't James recommend The New Order when it came out (there was a sticker with his approval on the album I think)? Kirk and Rob always show some love for DA (and let them play a couple of gigs with them). They invited Laaz Rockit to open for them at the anniversary concerts. Not that they couldn't do more, but it's certainly not their obligation. Bands compete with one another (do you see Exodus supporting Testament were they the bigger band?). Anyway, the guys in the band probably don't have much say as to whom to take on a tour, it's all business (I'm guessing one has to put big money on the table to get the spot). Not to mention some of them have pretty much lost contact with anything metal really.

The sing a long crap started back during the black tour. I remember on the Live Shit box that Met put out, they had that on it and it shocked me. I thought who are these guys freaking Kiss (a band I intensely loathe)!

Man they turn every song they have into a sing along now lol some of it is just him making the crowd do most of the song themselves. que explosions and lasers.

As for Metallica supporting other bands. Didn't James recommend The New Order when it came out (there was a sticker with his approval on the album I think)? Kirk and Rob always show some love for DA (and let them play a couple of gigs with them). They invited Laaz Rockit to open for them at the anniversary concerts. Not that they couldn't do more, but it's certainly not their obligation. Bands compete with one another (do you see Exodus supporting Testament were they the bigger band?). Anyway, the guys in the band probably don't have much say as to whom to take on a tour, it's all business (I'm guessing one has to put big money on the table to get the spot). Not to mention some of them have pretty much lost contact with anything metal really.

It happens. Megadeth has done it a lot. So has Black Sabbath and Testament.

I do know of an occasion where metallica got Flotsam And Jetsam kicked of a really good tour because they didn't want Newsted being distracted or some shit.

All that stuff is messed up. I'm refering to the times when Metallica hit it big. Before hand there was no problem. Once they got huge, it was like a big middle finger to the metal community. There have been some shows in Europe where they've taken a band out (Machine Head, Fear Factory), don't know why they haven't done it here. Time will tell if much changes, now that they have their own label.

They have only in recent years started to support the scene.They could have done a lot of good when we really needed it.But nope.
I'm all for it if they want to start now!

I feel like the Big4 thing was a two way street.The other bands got what they got and Metallica got some cred back.

I don't think Metallica got any cred back at all. If anything, it highlighted that they are still so far off the path from where they used to be. Even the CD/DVD of the big four, their performance was by far the weakest. I thought Megadeth sounded the best, Anthrax second, then Slayer and then Meh-tallica. In fact, the Megadeth and Anthrax discs are the only ones from that box set I even listen to because Slayer's performance was pretty poor as well.

As far as package tours go, I still think the American Carnage (Slayer, Megadeth, Testament) from a few years ago was one of the best followed by the Anthrax/Testament, Death Angel bill that went around a few times. I saw that one twice and thought Death Angel put on the best performance both times. The last time I saw it, I actually found Anthrax to be a bit boring; I just don't think they had it that night. I'm really pissed that I'm going to miss the Testament/Overkill/Flotsam show that's coming to New York.

Oh man.Need I clarify lol I'm not talking about live cred are you kidding.Fuckin Megadeth came out no bullshit just "Let's Go" and they just smoked.They really brought it.Anthrax also.They sounded great and had so much energy.I can't really judge Slayer too much because I'm only a casual fan,although I do respect them.But I thought they sounded like Slayer.Metallica just sucked.I'm not gonna go into specifics because they are never ending.They just sucked all around.The other bands put them to shame.
But it mended some fences for whatever that's worth.And helped the others sell some records.