Next Testament CD

I like this song but was expecting something along the lines of Fall of Sipledome :)

My expectations are always set too high but I've come to the realization that nothing can ever top The Gathering. That is a thrash metal masterpiece that no band will ever come close to. Impossible to compose anything better than songs like DNR, Down for Life, Eyes of Wrath, Riding The Snake, etc.

Now that i have listened it few more times, it sound good. It's best since "The Gathering". And all those who mock Gene's playing and says he's blasts are elementary, he's not 20 yo anymore. He can't play like those early Dark Angel albums and that's fine for me. Also heard one of my friend who i trust that next single is coming week or two before CD release.
I think Gene probably can still play like that. I think the difference is here he is being told what to play. I'd love for those idiots to look at the music for Gene's drums and say it's elementary lol. People don't know shit about music.

Reactions: Neptune
The more I listen to this song the more I like it
Same here. The first time I heard it I was a little dissapointed because it sounded like something I've heard before off their previous few albums but now it's grown on me. I love the sound of the drums and bass. My favorite part is the double bass quadruplets or whatever the heck Hoglan is doing on the double bass during the blast beats. IMO Gene is the best extreme drummer in the world bar none. Sick!

Reactions: redfly
Yeah everything is sounding really good. The only thing I'm not really able to judge on what I'm listening on is the bass level.
I need the album for that. Gene is just a killer killer drummer! I wouldn't argue about him being the best extreme drummer at all.
I hope this is the worst song on the album! lol
CDJapan has the import but it doesn't say what the bonus track is grrrr

Yeah everything is sounding really good. The only thing I'm not really able to judge on what I'm listening on is the bass level.
I need the album for that. Gene is just a killer killer drummer! I wouldn't argue about him being the best extreme drummer at all.
I hope this is the worst song on the album! lol
CDJapan has the import but it doesn't say what the bonus track is grrrr

Oh no, not this again.

I don't remember who was the person here that sent the PWYP re-record off DROE Japan to everybody, but they're the real MVP

Reactions: redfly
I like this song but was expecting something along the lines of Fall of Sipledome :)

My expectations are always set too high but I've come to the realization that nothing can ever top The Gathering. That is a thrash metal masterpiece that no band will ever come close to. Impossible to compose anything better than songs like DNR, Down for Life, Eyes of Wrath, Riding The Snake, etc.

Exactly!