NFL 2012

Mathiäs;10135132 said:
The Packers/Saints game is going to be one for the books, though. I could see either team winning. I give the advantage to Green Bay because they're at home, and have all of their injured defensive players back. Plus, Brees is much more prone to mistakes than Rodgers, and I think he'll force a pick at the end of the game to seal it.

Saints have to get passed the Lions first.

If Schaub was under center I would put the Texans in the Super Bowl. Not with Yates. The Raven's defense is going to best the backup.

Edit: The scariest team from a standpoint of unpredictability is the Giants, because of the line play on both sides of the ball in December. Manning is a game manager. When he gets no protection he does not do well. The Giant's lines are playing lights out right now, and if they keep it up can wreak havoc in the playoffs. Echoes of 07......

That "gamer manager" also has the NFL-record 15 touchdown passes in the fourth quarter....

lol That's no Manager man, that's fuckin' Boss!

PS When all QBs get pressure/no protection they don't do well. That is how you stop good QBs

That "gamer manager" also has the NFL-record 15 touchdown passes in the fourth quarter....

That's more of an indictment on the running game than anything, since either Bradshaw or Jacobs have been unavailable at points in the year, and the running game suffers when they aren't both available. With all the 4th quarter TD's, the Giants were still 9-7, and the surge at the end was based on line play in December.

lol That's no Manager man, that's fuckin' Boss!

Boss plays for the Raiders now :p

PS When all QBs get pressure/no protection they don't do well. That is how you stop good QBs

I disagree. Some quarterbacks handle pressure better than others. Some QBS are immobile, etc.

That's more of an indictment on the running game than anything, since either Bradshaw or Jacobs have been unavailable at points in the year, and the running game suffers when they aren't both available. With all the 4th quarter TD's, the Giants were still 9-7, and the surge at the end was based on line play in December.

I agree, exactly, all that and Eli pulled through....you just made my point. The lines are playing better but Eli is carrying his team.

I disagree. Some quarterbacks handle pressure better than others. Some QBS are immobile, etc.

OK, but if you want to stop a Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers you usually get a pass rush.

I agree, exactly, all that and Eli pulled through....you just made my point. The lines are playing better but Eli is carrying his team.

Eli didn't pull through against the Redskins. Twice.

OK, but if you want to stop a Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers you usually get a pass rush.

I didn't say a pass rush wasn't important, I just said some are better than others......

Eli didn't pull through against the Redskins. Twice.

It happens. Divisional games are like that. Redskins Defense had the Giants Offenses number this year.

I didn't say a pass rush wasn't important, I just said some are better than others......

Yes, but as good/mobile as those "other" QBs are, lack of protection will hurt ANY QB. So your statement about Eli getting pressure means nothing.

Todays NFL- more battles being won in the air...but the wars are won in the trenches. It starts there! Echoing the 07' Giants.

No, you guys need to stop saying that (echoes 07 giants) FUCKIN' NO! This Giant team is not even close to the 07 Giants and to say they are is to shit on the 07 Giants!!!!!!

This Giant team might get passed the Falcons or 49ers but there is no way in hell they beat the Saints or Packers, no-f'in-way!

I actually felt bad at points during this game, the Lions were playing great in the first half then some REALLY questionable calls in the second half ruined the momentum they had going for them.

I mean, I'll take the win and the Lions still need to get better on defense, but that game was at least a 3 differential if the refs didn't fuck up on several occasions.

No, you guys need to stop saying that (echoes 07 giants) FUCKIN' NO! This Giant team is not even close to the 07 Giants and to say they are is to shit on the 07 Giants!!!!!!

This Giant team might get passed the Falcons or 49ers but there is no way in hell they beat the Saints or Packers, no-f'in-way!

Believe me I know and witnessed it to death in 07'.

I'm not necessarily saying the current Giants are comparible to the 07' team...just stating that controlling the lines like they did back then is still imo the key to winning even in todays high-flying NFL.

I really don't see what puts the '07 Giants on some sort of pedestal. Obviously they won the Super Bowl (thanks apparently to some sort of voodoo ritual Tyree initiated prior to the game), but they were not that impressive during the regular season, nor were they dominant as a team in the playoffs. They just managed to win based on dominant line play.

This Giants team is looking almost identical, with the exception that Manning is playing better throughout the year now than four years ago. Must be a Coughlin thing.

Edit: I'm going to assume you were drinking last night or something, but the word is spelled "past".

I really don't see what puts the '07 Giants on some sort of pedestal. Obviously they won the Super Bowl (thanks apparently to some sort of voodoo ritual Tyree initiated prior to the game), but they were not that impressive during the regular season, nor were they dominant as a team in the playoffs. They just managed to win based on dominant line play.

The major difference between the two is the amount of veteran leadership they had on the team in 07.

This is a young,raw team today and it has a real problem with communication.

Edit: I'm going to assume you were drinking last night or something, but the word is spelled "past".

Thank you Dickens

The major difference between the two is the amount of veteran leadership they had on the team in 07.

This is a young,raw team today and it has a real problem with communication.

Defensive communication issues with a new defensive coordinator and no off season. Sounds familier.