NFL 2012

Eli puts the ball right on the money allowing those receivers to catch the ball in stride and gain significant yardage. I watched every Giant game this year, I doubt you did too.

What's the chance Eli loses Smith and Boss, and then Cruz and Ballard come in and play that good?

The QB has a lot to do with it.

Eli's passing had nothing to do with Nick's and Cruz's bob/weave 50-90 yard scampers, other than the fact that he can complete passes of <15 yards to wide open receivers. Don't get delusional on me.

@KR: Still a lot of hype about Peyton leaving the Colts on the interwebs.

I'll be rooting for the Pats. Just want Tebow to go away already. And honestly, I would hate to see an 8-8 team in the AFC Championship game.

From what I could tell Grigson was good at what he did in Philly. In general the Eagles drafted well and presumably he was a big part of that.

Eli's passing had nothing to do with Nick's and Cruz's bob/weave 50-90 yard scampers, other than the fact that he can complete passes of <15 yards to wide open receivers. Don't get delusional on me.

@KR: Still a lot of hype about Peyton leaving the Colts on the interwebs.

That's all it is is hype and speculation. Irsay hasn't said anything and he's the only one who truly knows what they may or may not do. Until he makes an announcement I would take whatever you hear with a grain of salt.

Like I said before, they only have two options so it's not like anyone who guesses correctly is a genius or has some insider information.

Because new GMs mean new QBs, not a 36 year old QBs coming off serious back injuries. Grigson will be judged by where the team is in 2014, not 2012. They're not gonna wanna sit Luck. They will want to get him in there early and let him start developing and getting experience so that the Colts can be Super Bowl contenders 2-3 years down the road. In other words, the same process they did with Manning in 1998.

What they really need to do is trade the #1 pick and get a king's ransom for it. Keep Manning and then shore up the offensive line and defense. Find a QB who shows promise and develop him behind Manning.

Not what they will do of course...

I agree with crimson on this one. While trading the #1 pick could be a sound strategy for the future, a club in need of a future franchise QB with a perceived home run available in Luck would be viewed as incredibly foolish to pass that up.

Now, the Texans passed on the "home run" pick and went with a defensive stud, which they were eventually vindicated on, but it took quite a while, all the while their fan based was pissed off about it.

No GM wants to be the guy who traded or released arguably the greatest quarterback of all time, especially a new GM. As long as Manning can actually play, he's not going anywhere.

Am I the only one who thinks all this college hype for Luck is horseshit?

I never jump on the hype train with potential draft picks. It usually comes down to how they apply themselves and the surroundings they are given when they actually get into the NFL.

Predictions for this weekend fellows?

Am I the only one who thinks all this college hype for Luck is horseshit?
have you watched him play?
he actually looks like Peyton out there. Dude is in full command of the offense
He will be an awesome NFL QB
RGIII might be as good also. Along with his physical skills (running, passing, accuracy) he is a smart as shit dude.

I look forward to watching those two in the NFL

also...
Go Niners!!!!!