NFL 2012

It will be interesting to see if this is attributed to depression due to too-many-hits-to-the-head.

This...along with the use of enhancements that some players will go to no end to gain an edge. Thier bodies and minds are just not right. Did I hear correctly that Seau was the 8th player from the 94' Chargers roster to have died. Tragic!

I've been reading that it was via shotgun blast to his chest...yet they found a handgun next to his body.

Was a shotgun also found? Sadly, maybe he thought the handgun wouldn't do the job? Given this info though, along with being a "blast to the chest area"...maybe foul-play here?

Some speculate that he, like Dave Duerson, preserved his brain to be studied after believing that his playing career resulted in brain damage. I mean, the man did play linebacker for two decades.

Taylor Twellman, Seau's neighbor, is on ESPN now. He said that he once got a concussion playing soccer, and Seau asked him if he was okay, and he said he has a really bad headache. Seau mentioned to him that he "had a headache for a long time now" or something like that and that he can't count how many concussions he had, or something to that effect...guess that's not really surprising. I'm sure they'll take a look at his brain. I fear the worst after considering the Chris Henry case from a couple years back.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/moving_the_chains/Revisiting-the-Kolb-McNabb-trades.html

Pretty cool article showing what the Eagles have collected from the McNabb and Kolb trades.

Cliff notes version:

Eagles trade: McNabb, Kolb and an early 3rd (Texans picked gaurd Brandon Brooks)

Eagles receive: Nate Allen, Casey Mathews, Demeco Ryans and a late 3rd (QB Nick Foles), Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Vinny Curry and Brandon Boykins.

It's still early, but if Allen and DRC shape up this year, that could be three solid starters and 2-3 solid role players for a past-prime star and a bust. Of course, Kolb could still turn things around, become a franchise QB and make the Eagles look like fools, but that is appearing to be a less and less likely scenario.

Philadelphia Eagles left tackle Jason Peters ruptured his Achilles' tendon for a second time this offseason, according to a report from CSNPhilly.com's Derrick Gunn. The Eagles later confirmed the injury.

It's devastating news for the Eagles and a player who was voted first-team All-Pro last season. A ruptured Achilles is the worst NFL injury we can think of. Experiencing the same injury twice in one offseason is almost unimaginably unlucky.

Peters reportedly was using a device called a Roll-A-Bout to maneuver around his house. The device reportedly malfunctioned, then Peters fell on his face and ruptured the Achilles again. He's going to sue the manufacturer. He will require a second surgery. This might be the saddest story we've written this offseason.

Fail.