NFL 2012

I love the game play. If ya wanna get a game on any time during the weekend lemme know.

It wouldn't be this weekend. I also don't have Xbox Live Gold, so Im not sure if I can play you without it.

The tackling, receiving, etc all seem much improved. I'm a little irritated with how players will go down just by getting brushed sometimes. Vick used to be incredibly difficult to bring down, and the other game I played Spencer got blocked across his back and Vick went down with minimal contact. I was like WTF?

Yea I hear ya. I like the physics though. Players trip, fall & do goofy shit all the time. I feel like it makes up for the fact that you could play like super man with Vick without this engine. I look at it as momentum/inertia, ahh, whatever ya wanna call it.

When something like your Vick example happens I say to myself "oh look he twisted his ankle and got right back up" haha I like it. It feels realistic.

False starts galore good god. A couple of Dallas' penalties were "smart" penalties though, stats don't show that. Romo was on point all night, the int was thanks to getting knocked off his feet midthrow. Cruz had an lol-worthy case of the dropsies, and Eli was obviously hearing footsteps all night. Rushing throws etc. I think Dallas had at least four sacks and plenty of pressure.

Romo played lights out. I have always rooted for him since he was the QB at EIU while I was going there & also because one of my friends is a huge Cowboys fan, but she hates Romo. So when he plays well I always give her a ton of shit. :lol:

@Dodens:

Yeah I went back and looked it up. I knew Ware had 2 and Hatcher had 1, but for some reason I thought there was at least one more. prob just from seeing Wilson and Bradshaw stuffed repeatedly and Eli hurried so much.

There were a couple of typos in your overview and I'm pretty sure the TD to Austin was on 1st and 30, not 3rd down. Otherwise pretty good.

@Brooks: Cowboys fans who hate Romo can DIAF. Absolute retardation. Retardation on the level of the Giants fans I heard at the bar last night talking trash about Romo after the false starts and holds.......Franchise quarterbacks don't grow on trees, and neither does the ability to get them when they do appear. She can have her Vinny Testaverde or Quincy Carter.

Giants looked like the Giants always look during regular season. Mediocre.

They can't always count on the rest of the division being mediocre enough to let them into the playoffs so they can suddenly decide to earn their paychecks.

TBF: The Giants were depleted in the secondary. I don't expect Dallas to have as easy of a time of it if the Giants defensive backs can get healthy by the next meeting.The flipside of that is most of the Cowboys offense was out for parts or all of training camp, so it's not like the Dallas O is a well oiled machine yet. The guy snapping the ball all game was just brought in within the last week. Certainly didn't help with the false starts etc, but the Giants were not really able to corral Romo or shut down Murray even with the rusty line.

My favorite stats of the game:

Victor Cruz: 3 drops
Eli Manning: 6.6 YPA

Also, although Bennett managed to make a nice catch for a TD, he dropped a similar pass earlier in the game that wasn't in the endzone. Looked like a familiar site.

Good opening game. A little sloppy on both sides (drops for the Giants and penalties for the Cowboys) but still entertaining. Romo was impressive and poised. Murray looked really good as well. The offensive line looked bad early but seemed to get into a rhythm as the game moved along; still the big question mark for Dallas moving forward.

Murray looked really good as well. The offensive line looked bad early but seemed to get into a rhythm as the game moved along; still the big question mark for Dallas moving forward.

The only question mark on Murray for the game was why he turned inside on that long run instead of continuing down the sideline.

Costa, the center, was out most of training camp with a back injury, and left after 3 plays with a back injury. Cook, the player Dallas sent a 7th rounder to Miami for just a few days ago stepped in and did a decent job. I don't know what this says about Costa's future, but he was already considered undersized and weak, and this doesn't bode well for him.

I think with some consistency in practice with the lineup the false starts will improve, particularly since the center is responsible for line calls, and there has been no consistency at center.

Tyron Smith and Free both had their hands full, and had some false starts, but neither allowed a sack. I'll take that against the Giants DEs. Smith is still adjusting to left tackle and Free has to re-adjust to right tackle.

The only question mark on Murray for the game was why he turned inside on that long run instead of continuing down the sideline.

Costa, the center, was out most of training camp with a back injury, and left after 3 plays with a back injury. Cook, the player Dallas sent a 7th rounder to Miami for just a few days ago stepped in and did a decent job. I don't know what this says about Costa's future, but he was already considered undersized and weak, and this doesn't bode well for him.

I think with some consistency in practice with the lineup the false starts will improve, particularly since the center is responsible for line calls, and there has been no consistency at center.

Tyron Smith and Free both had their hands full, and had some false starts, but neither allowed a sack. I'll take that against the Giants DEs. Smith is still adjusting to left tackle and Free has to re-adjust to right tackle.

Yeah the interior line could improve in time. Building chemistry over time will help. Still, if I'm an opposing DC I'm gonna put some pressure up the middle. Just doesn't seem like the most talented group of guys.

I thought Free and Smtih did alright. Most tackles are gonna be beat a few times by the Giants DEs; at least they took holds rather than letting Romo get pounded.

I actually fixed the 1st and 30 thing not long after I posted it, but would you mind pointing out the typos? I try to get these recaps out as soon as possible after the conclusion of the game, so I rarely proofread them, because Examiner makes you jump through some time-consuming hoops to post your shit to begin with.

Actually just one, other than the down issue.

Even Corey Webster had a rough night, being beaten badly by wide receiver Kevin Ogletree on a double move for a 40 yard touchdown. Ogletree, who had previously had 25 career catches in 3 seasons with the Cowboys with no touchdowns, had a career night, recording 8 receptions for 114 yards and 2 touchdowns.

His biggest play, however, came at the end of the game. On a 3rd and 10 play following a holding call on Dallas, Tony Romo found Murray (Ogletree) for a 13 yard, game-sealing reception. With no timeouts left for the Giants, the play ran the clock down to the 2 minute warning with a fresh set of downs, allowing Romo to run off the clock with a few kneel downs.

Fail. I'll fix that, thanks.

In other news, apparently the Steelers are about to sign one of those typical "Raider" picks: CB DeMarcus VanDyke. Ran 4.28 40 at the combine in 2011. Released on the 3rd. Reportedly they're likely putting DeCastro on the 8 week IR to make the move.

They can't always count on the rest of the division being mediocre enough to let them into the playoffs so they can suddenly decide to earn their paychecks.

Actually they can heh. That division is going to beat the hell out of each-other. Plus they're all going up against the afc north

My favorite stats of the game:

Victor Cruz: 3 drops
Eli Manning: 6.6 YPA

6HTX3.gif