NFL 2012

He might get the start. I won't hold this performance against Redman though because he's been dealing with injuries all preseason. He dinged his hip in the Eagles game, then had a groin injury, and he's still working through an ankle injury. Mendenhall might be back next week too, although I still suspect that Steelers will be conservative with him. He's gone through a full week of practices and says he feels great. He tore his ACL a week after Peterson, and was taken off the PUP list a week after as well, so it's not unreasonable that he plays a week after.

Moreno hasn't done a thing since he was drafted to be the savior for the Broncos, what, 3 years ago? And his missed blocks and terrible runs messed up the Broncos a lot in the first half.

McGahee had maybe two runs that did something, but if we looked back, I bet those stats from the game would have been those runs once Manning threw 15 passes in a row and they decided to use a little run up the middle..each have little winning impact on the team.

But McGahee did catch that two pointer..I guess the only positive

Ok, I'll give you Moreno. Although he's still young and has plenty of potential.

But to call McGahee terrible based on one game against one of the best defenses (esp against the run) in the league is ridiculous.

I will probably watch most Broncos games this year so hopefully i'm proven wrong, but I didn't like him in Buffalo either.

OK I know it's super late for a Sunday 1 PM game evaluation, but I work Sundays and had jury duty Monday (NOT selected, fuck yeah!) so I only caught up with the games today.

So the Eagles game was really weird.

The positives:

The defense was phenomenal. I know that there were a bunch of rookies starting for the Browns, but the Eagles D completely shut them down, played within their system (a rarity last year) and had excellent tackling (again, a rarity last year). Nnamdi looked like the guy from Oakland; mostly played press coverage and shut down his receivers and had several impressive PBUs. DRC was a beast, shut down his receivers (save one play) and had two very athletic picks. So happy that Samuel is gone; the corners are all on the same page now.

The linebacker play was the best I've seen from the Eagles since the end of the 2008 season. Ryans made a ton of big tackles and totally stabilized the defense. The rookie Kendricks was also stellar. Both Coleman and Allen were solid at safety; they were in the right spots and made tackles when needed. Trent Richardson had nowhere to run; he was completely shut down. Weeden was constantly under pressure and confused (he looked awful, to say the least).

This defense looks like it has potential to be great. I know it was a bad offense in Cleveland (though the Oline is actually pretty good), but the Eagles were disciplined, fundamentally sound and displayed excellent tackling. Those elements shouldn't change, even versus superior competition.

The negatives:

Well the O line is really gonna miss Jason Peters. They were poor early, but honestly I thought they were OK as the game progressed.

The main problem was Vick. I swear he is the stupidest QB in the NFL. His performance was worse than his stats suggest. Most of the ints were on really, really stupid passes that no one with his amount of NFL experience should make. He was throwing across his body, into double coverage and failed to anticipate where defenders were going. Even on the last drive he fumbled and was lucky that the ball bounced back to him. Then on the play before the TD he threw the ball right into the hands of a Browns LB who fortunately dropped it. He also failed to see a lot of open receivers throughout the game.

Poor playcalling as usual. Despite the fact that McCoy was getting 5 yds a carry, Reid refused to run the ball until the 4th quarter.

But the main issue was an awful, awful performance by Vick. Vick is probably on a short leash now. Reid needs to make the playoffs this year to keep his job (owner Jeffery Lurie all but said this). He has an insanely talented and deep roster. If Vick keeps making half a dozen rookie mistakes a game, he will be benched for the rookie Nick Foles. He would at least learn from his mistakes.

As for the other games, the 49ers really impressed me. I was worried they could be a one year wonder, but they look legit. Packers have a huge game Thursday.

Peyton Manning looks like he didn't miss a beat. Broncos are a serious threat.

Flacco and the Ravens offense looks excellent. That team is legit. The Bengals look like they're in for a down year.

Raiders looked like the Raiders; very good defense and terrible offense. That Palmer trade had to be one of the dumbest trades in the past 10 years.

I didn't expect the Packers to lose two in a row at home, but I expected the Bears to play a lot better than they did. At least the Defense played well in the first half. They were putting some pressure on Rodgers and I think he was sacked five times.

Once Cutler gets frustrated it's over. He just starts throwing the ball up for grabs. He has an excellent arm and a good football IQ but he shows zero composure under mental pressure.

On top of that he has no tact. His BS "leadership" on the field, post game interviews and general attitude is terrible. His LT probably feels the same.

Yes, Peyton Manning he certainly is not.

Seattle+Seahawks+v+Denver+Broncos+T17fHEwOBhCl.jpg

Speaking of Peyton, time to dust off my old trusty Seyton Manning avatar.

Feels_goodman.jpg

Once Cutler gets frustrated it's over. He just starts throwing the ball up for grabs. He has an excellent arm and a good football IQ but he shows zero composure under mental pressure.

On top of that he has no tact. His BS "leadership" on the field, post game interviews and general attitude is terrible. His LT probably feels the same.

Cutler sucks in the spotlight, and in high pressure games. He's great against shitty teams when the world isn't watching. The Packers always shut him down, seemingly with ease. Also, he's a whiny bitch. No leadership at all.

I didn't expect the Packers to lose two in a row at home, but I expected the Bears to play a lot better than they did. At least the Defense played well in the first half. They were putting some pressure on Rodgers and I think he was sacked five times.

Their defense played very well. They were on the field so much that they were bound to give up some points sometime. Cutler left them out to dry.