NFL 2012

I'd be happy if the Giants went 4-4 in the second half.

I could see the division coming down to the last game of the year for the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles.

The Giants @ 9-6 playing the Eagles @ 8-7 and the Cowboys needing a win against the Redskins and some help.

I know the Giants have a habit of shitting themselves in the second half of the season, and 4-4 is certainly a reasonable possibility (they have some tough teams upcoming like the Packers, Falcons, and Ravens), but my meaningless prediction will be a 5-3 second half for an 11-5 overall record with losses to the Packers and Falcons. Obviously the division goes to them. It sucks that they have such a rough schedule though. Probably one of the toughest in the league despite a fluff division this year.

It doesn't even look like he lost control of it at the beginning. Had he, I'd say it would be a valid fumble, but he didn't really lose control until he was in the throwing motion.

ANYWAYS

FUCK YEAH SAINTS! Our defense still gives up a lot of fucking yards, and Mike Pick and the Eagles offensive line sucked it up big time which lead to us having such a good game, but man what a huge performance. 7 sacks, a pick six, and a fumble recovery! Eagles fans were calling for Foles, which would've been hilarious. There would've been at least 3-4 more sacks this game if he was in there instead of Vick.

Not sure about that. I'm too lazy to look up the study right now, but Vick has the slowest release of any starting QB by an average of 1/2 a second. Vick is just overthinking things and thoroughly confused and has no confidence at this point. Basically all Eagles fans are just waiting for the 8th loss so that we can be officially eliminated and Foles can get the start.

At this point the Eagles offense is just comedy. It's basically the entire backup o-line- a 7th round pick, a 3 year practice squad guy, a 5th round rookie and a guy who doesn't look like he belongs in the NFL in Bell.

My favorite moment of the game was late in the 4th quarter when Vick threw the ball away on 4th and goal. So you'll throw an extremely dangerous pass on 3rd and goal in the 1st quarter and then you'll throw the ball away on 4th and goal late in the 4th? This guy just doesn't get it.

So I finally got to watch Andrew Luck play this weekend and he looks legit. I was really impressed by his decision making and ability to buy time while keeping his eyes down the field. Looks like the Colts got themselves a really, really good QB and already have a legit spot at a wildcard this year.

I'd be happy if the Giants went 4-4 in the second half.

I could see the division coming down to the last game of the year for the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles.

The Giants @ 9-6 playing the Eagles @ 8-7 and the Cowboys needing a win against the Redskins and some help.

Unless Reid has a time machine and is able to go back and get the 2010 Vick, there is no way the Eagles are going 5-2 over the next seven.

I think the Giants have this division locked up, even if they play fairly mediocre from here on out. The other teams all just have too severe of holes.

My predictions for the division as a whole was barring injuries and requiring the Dallas Oline to improve with playtime. Well the Redskins defense is on backups and the Dallas Oline is an abortion. The Giants have been as mediocre as I expected, which apparently is good enough (as usual).

My predictions for the division as a whole was barring injuries and requiring the Dallas Oline to improve with playtime. Well the Redskins defense is on backups and the Dallas Oline is an abortion. The Giants have been as mediocre as I expected, which apparently is good enough (as usual).

What? The Giants have been mediocre? They beat down a very good 49ers team on the road and destroyed the Panthers on a night when they were missing a ton of key players. And before you claim the Panthers suck, note that all their other losses have been by 6 points or less.

The Giants other wins haven't been anything to write home about, but they've mostly been solid performances. Also, they've been competitive in all three losses, so I don't really see how a case can be made that they've been mediocre.

San Fran has not really been that impressive when you look at their schedule so far. They are in the top tier of NFL teams but I don't think that's saying much at all this year. The Panthers do suck though.

San Fran has not really been that impressive when you look at their schedule so far. They are in the top tier of NFL teams but I don't think that's saying much at all this year. The Panthers do suck though.

Uh, the 49ers have held four of their last five opponents to less than 6 points and 0 touchdowns. I don't care what teams you're playing, that is freaking impressive.

Also, the Panthers don't know how to win games and therefore suck, but they are a competitive team. They're not like the Chiefs or Jags who regularly get beat down; they've only been blown out once, so that suggests the Giants put together an exceptional performance (which they did).

Crim, Dak(OverWatch) is a Dallas fan. Does anything more need to be said?

He'll rip the Giants every chance he gets.

And I'm an Eagles fan, but I try and maintain a level of objectivity when evaluating the other NFC East teams.

I mean, I hear ya, but a Pitcher throws the ball 80-100 times in a game and the throwing styles are so much different. I'm just not sure you can compare the two.

Uh, the 49ers have held four of their last five opponents to less than 6 points and 0 touchdowns. I don't care what teams you're playing, that is freaking impressive.

Also, the Panthers don't know how to win games and therefore suck, but they are a competitive team. They're not like the Chiefs or Jags who regularly get beat down; they've only been blown out once, so that suggests the Giants put together an exceptional performance (which they did).

I said the 49ers were good, obviously their defense is top notch. That doesn't change my statement.

Re Panthers. They suck. Teams play down to them more than anything else.

And I'm an Eagles fan, but I try and maintain a level of objectivity when evaluating the other NFC East teams.

So do I, and the Giants have been mediocre. Now we have excuses popping up for Manning's underwhelming performances, instead of the normal Romo-level-ripping that happens whenever Romo's PR drops below 90.

Unlike Romo, people who actually know what they're talking about (Greg Cosell, Ron Jaworski, and "a source") have actually seen something in game tape suggesting something physical. And I'm pretty sure we've had the "is Tony Romo injured" news cycle before when Romo's been in a slump. In fact, didn't it happen last year?

@Jimmy: Obviously there are differences between pitching a baseball and throwing a football, but there are plenty of crossovers in terms of similar injuries. Quarterbacks get tired arms and "thrower's shoulder", which Ben Roethlisberger has. Matt Flynn basically lost his chance to start this year because of a tired arm.

Unlike Romo, people who actually know what they're talking about (Greg Cosell, Ron Jaworski, and "a source") have actually seen something in game tape suggesting something physical. And I'm pretty sure we've had the "is Tony Romo injured" news cycle before when Romo's been in a slump. In fact, didn't it happen last year?

Documented punctured lung and broken ribs. Totally an excuse. BTW last year was his best year ever, broken ribs/punctured lung notwithstanding.

Regardless, some sports pundits analyzing tape trying to find some reason for Eli's problems and offering pro bono excuses is amusing, along with not even being close tot eh same thing.

@Jimmy: Obviously there are differences between pitching a baseball and throwing a football, but there are plenty of crossovers in terms of similar injuries. Quarterbacks get tired arms and "thrower's shoulder", which Ben Roethlisberger has. Matt Flynn basically lost his chance to start this year because of a tired arm.

Vick and Romo suck, Eli merely has a mysterious ailment only sports pundits have been able to discover. Another typical season in the NFL/NFC East media circus.

His best year ever and he still lost games while failing to make the playoffs. Maybe it was the year before that people were searching for injury excuses for Romo. Last year it was Rivers.

Cosell and Jaworski are not "sports pundits". Have you ever even read a single thing Cosell's written? He watches more tape than just about anybody and knows what he's talking about. http://nflfilms.nfl.com/category/contributors/greg-cosell/

In fact, here's a piece that he wrote on Eli in July: http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/07/03/cosell-talks-elis-arrived/

Almost everything you post here related to the NFC East always just sounds like you're butthurt about Romo, even when nobody's talking about Romo. Honestly, you're a Romo fanboy, not a Cowboys fan.

Bottom line is Romo and Eli are both good QBs. There are a ton of factors, observations, circumstantial evidence & situations we can throw out there and measure each against.

I'd personally take Eli, but if it was a toss up, you won and picked Eli; I'd be happy with Romo.

I was discussing Romo with Richard the other day, and we basically reached the conclusion about him that nothing that he ever does should be surprising. He's capable of doing just about anything on the field at any given time, good or bad.