NFL 2012

Brady is a good QB made great in the eyes of the mouthbreathers because of the system and Adam Vinatieri's leg. Matt Cassell's complete flop in KC makes that quite evident, as well as Brady's playoff failures in the last half a decade.

Sorry but you sound rediculous. Brady is one of the all time greats, I don't see how anylne can make a case against that. Let's go through your points.

1. You seem to argue that because Cassell has sucked outside of NE, Brady would suck (or at least play at a notably inferior level) outside of NE, but that argument is impossible to substantiate. Until Brady plays somewhere else, we won't know.

Also, while Cassell did put up good #s in NE, he wasn't exactly an MVP canidate. With Brady NE has a top 5 offense basically every year.

2. He's been hyped off Vinateri's field goals. BS. First of all, those field goals were in the 40s, not 50s, so if Brady didn't lead some clutch drives Adam would have never had a chance in the first place. I think the drive vs. the Panthers was assisted by a kickoff that went out of bounds IIRC, but the one vs. the Rams was one of the great drives in NFL history. Go watch it agian, Brady made somw great plays.

3. Playoff failures. Every great QB has lost playoff games. It happens. If a QB's "playoff failures" include 2 AFC championship titles and tying the record for most TD passes in a playoff game, then the bar has obviously been set absurdly high.

Brady is a great QB and has certainly earned his place in the hall of fame, but I see what Dak is getting at. I don't think there's any chance that Brady would be half the quarter back that he is if he were on a weaker team. That's not news though, football is a team sport. He's fun to watch, but I'm pretty sick of seeing the Patriots in every other Superbowl.

Brady is a great QB and has certainly earned his place in the hall of fame, but I see what Dak is getting at. I don't think there's any chance that Brady would be half the quarter back that he is if he were on a weaker team. That's not news though, football is a team sport. He's fun to watch, but I'm pretty sick of seeing the Patriots in every other Superbowl.

How did or does the team make him better? and not the other way around? Shit, I would say Bill Belichick wouldn't be half the Coach he's perceived as if it wasn't for Brady.

Exactly, they've got a good system there. They're a well run team and they have great players. That's part of the reason why solid teams typically aren't crippled when one of their star players gets injured. And also why bad teams do get crippled when one of their better players gets injured. If a team does not have a solid coaching and management staff, then it doesn't matter who they have on their roster. They will still come up short. Take Dallas, for instance.

edit: That's not to say that Brady can be easily replaced, but that the Patriots would remain a playoff caliber team without him.

Well, what are your standards for good? There's not one quarterback in the NFL that isn't a "good" quarterback. If you're saying that the quarterback is always the one that carries the team and that every successful team needs to have an elite quarterback to win, that's not necessarily true. Look at Pittsburgh (Sorry Dodens), the Ravens (though the team dynamic has changed this recent season, last year's Texans (they did pretty damn good with their back up), or any number of other examples. You're right though, a team cannot win if they do not have a good quarterback. That being said, a good quarterback cannot win unless he has a good team and good team requires a good coaching and management staff.

1. You seem to argue that because Cassell has sucked outside of NE, Brady would suck (or at least play at a notably inferior level) outside of NE, but that argument is impossible to substantiate. Until Brady plays somewhere else, we won't know.

Also, while Cassell did put up good #s in NE, he wasn't exactly an MVP canidate. With Brady NE has a top 5 offense basically every year.

Brady would not necessarily have 3 SB rings outside of NE. They snuck into the first SB thanks to Refs making up rules at the spur of the moment, and then needed non-chip-shot FGs at the end of every Super Bowl to win. The year they had the best regular season ever by a team, Brady failed in the final clutch against a 9-7 football team.

2. He's been hyped off Vinateri's field goals. BS. First of all, those field goals were in the 40s, not 50s, so if Brady didn't lead some clutch drives Adam would have never had a chance in the first place. I think the drive vs. the Panthers was assisted by a kickoff that went out of bounds IIRC, but the one vs. the Rams was one of the great drives in NFL history. Go watch it agian, Brady made somw great plays.

I never said he wasn't a good QB. I'm saying he isn't the god he's cracked up to be. He's judged mainly by his SB Rings/ W/L record. I think you could plug at least the top 10 QBs in the league under center on the teams Belichick has built and they would do as good or better than Brady has in that regard. I've been saying this all along.

edit: That's not to say that Brady can be easily replaced, but that the Patriots would remain a playoff caliber team without him.

Bingo. Matt Cassell won the division with NE and ultimately lost his job to Brady Quinn in KC. Brady fucking Quinn.

Peyton is better.

:cool:

As much as I hate him, Brady used to be my second favorite quarterback to watch, supplanted by Luck now obviously. At times that offense is just fucking lethal and gives me the chills. But then there are games where they are humanized and it makes me feel better but still. That's why despite their horrible defense and lack of consistency these past few years, I never count them out come postseason. I still get nightmares whenever Peyton or the Colts play the fucking Patriots because of the history between the two teams.

That, crimsonfloyd, is a fucking rivalry. =P

Tom Brady 2007
comp% - 68.9
passing yards - 4806
TDs - 50
INTs - 8

You - shut up.

IF THAT'S NOT A GREAT QB, WHAT THE FUCK IS!? KASDJBNFJDHVGJSHDUIO;GHSO;VH

/facepalm. So you are saying that given the 2007 Patriots team, the next 9 QBs in the league couldn't have put up equivalent numbers (and maybe actually won the Super Bowl)?

Dak, don't give me that facepalm bullshit. I give you pure fucking evidence and you give us could-haves.

bastiat.small1.jpg