NFL 2012

Brady can only do so much.

gisele-tom.jpg

Lol...like doing her!

@ mdmatt. It doesnt matter how he was in college...in the NFL Brady is one of the best ever period. And that so called "system" has benefited more from him than any.

For a slight change in the discussion: Injuries this year. There have been over 130 Concussions, and numerous high profile injuries to star linebackers across the league. I knew the Cowboys were really banged up but I hadn't seen it quantified.

This team has been decimated by injuries, and I know, I know, everyone has injuries, but come on, not this many injuries. To understand just how many a whole bunch is, let me make a list of guys one by one on the reserve lists out for the season or no better than questionable for Sunday’s game:

FS Barry Church, IR

DE Kenyon Coleman, IR

LB Sean Lee, IR

LB Bruce Carter, IR

C Phil Costa, IR

P Chris Jones, IR

CB Orlando Scandrick, IR

NT Jay Ratliff, Out

NT Josh Brent, NFI

WR Dez Bryant, Questionable

CB Morris Claiborne, Questionable

LB DeMarcus Ware, Questionable

OG Nate Livings, Questionable

FS Charlie Peprah, Questionable

LB Orie Lemon, IR

DL Ben Bass, IR

FS Matt Johnson, IR-R

LB Caleb McSurdy, IR

Let’s see, if you are scoring at home, that is seven starters on injured reserve if you count the punter and the nickel back. That’s another starter out for this game, and likely the next two for sure, and his immediate backup now out for the season. There are four more starters questionable, and I’d say Claiborne and Livings definitely are highly questionable trying to pass the necessary tests after leaving last Sunday’s games with concussions.

And cheers for questionable starters Bryant and Ware for insisting they will play. But then just how effective will they play?

Aw, poor Cowboys, you say I’m making excuses for them? You’re right, and a damn good excuse, too.

But as Cowboys COO Stephen Jones told me, adding up the injuries, the halftime deficits and recovering from last weekend’s tragic accident to win a game, “But I wouldn’t bet against these guys.”

Like who would be that foolish.

Here is another scary list: Guys added to the roster since the start of the season:

LB Ernie Sims

P Brian Moorman

C Ryan Cook

S Eric Frampton

S Charlie Peprah

CB Vince Agnew

DL Rob Callaway

CB Sterling Moore

CB Michael Coe

DL Brian Schaefering

LB Brady Poppinga

WR Anthony Armstrong

OT Darrion Weems

Exhausting, isn’t it? And very real, too.

“I’ve never been a part of a season or a team that’s had so many guys lost for an extended period of time,” Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo said the other day. “We were joking earlier this week that we needed name tags out at practice just because of all new guys coming in.”

That shitty secondary only allowed Eli 17 points in the last Super Bowl. Brady couldn't even get that. It's not like he lost a shootout.

While that's true, lets not forget that Brady had led the Pats to a game leading TD deive with only a few minutes left. Really clutch drive. Asante Samuel dropped an easy interception on the final drive of XXLII- it was right in his hands. When one of the greatet ballhawks in the history of the game does something like that, there's plenty of blame to go around.

And for the "Brady sucked in college" argument, that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. You're basically ignoring the fact that a guy can improve once he gets to the pros. There's countless mid- late round picks who had less than amazing college careers but went on to be great pros.

As far as the increase in concussions, I bet that has more to do wirh greater percaussion and testing than in the past. So it's really an increase in medically recognized concussions.

And Cowboys have had an insane ammount of injuries to key players. It will be impressive if they manage to make the playoffs.

While that's true, lets not forget that Brady had led the Pats to a game leading TD deive with only a few minutes left. Really clutch drive. Asante Samuel dropped an easy interception on the final drive of XXLII- it was right in his hands. When one of the greatet ballhawks in the history of the game does something like that, there's plenty of blame to go around.

And for the "Brady sucked in college" argument, that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. You're basically ignoring the fact that a guy can improve once he gets to the pros. There's countless mid- late round picks who had less than amazing college careers but went on to be great pros.

people can get better in the nfl but again the pats system made cassell look like a pro bowler. watch any game a team can get brady shook a little bit, he plays like any other QB in the league

:lol: Fucking Flacco. Man, he is so horrible.

The Colts on the other hand have successfully choked on a big black dick. Moore fumbled on the Texans' one yard line and then the Texans blocked a Colts punt and returned it for a touchdown just before the half. ugh

Saints ... with a shutout? Holy shit.

Freeman looking like a Cardinals QB out there, perfect play from Brees (other than almost getting Graham killed out there), and not making the mental slip ups that lead to the big plays given up most every game

Can't bitch about that

So, ah, barring a complete collapse by both the Redskins and the Cowboys, the Giants just lost the division and any chance at the playoffs.

Bears are closer to getting Lovie Smith fired. So that's good...
also... I think Joe Flaccos contract is up after this year. He is not good at all.

Todays loss is six in a row against the Packers. The 8-6 Bears started 7-1 so I say show him the door on Monday. Put the rest of the players and coaches on notice that the last two games are tryouts for next year.

Cutler is the least of the Bears problems

Their offensive line and offense outside of Cutler, Forte, and Marshall is awful

That RTP penalty was bogus, and the Steelers really need to thank the offensive line of the Cowboys and Demarco Murray for being in this game.