NFL 2012

Anyone been watching the Skins all year? I don't see any of the hype that RG3 deserves from last night..but maybe he was off. Morris completely dominated the Cowboys D late 2nd quarter/rest of the game but man did RG3 not seal the deal early, or Romo win it for the Cowboys when he threw though 2 picks and the Skins couldn't put up any points. It's funny that there's always been the complaint that the Boys D couldn't help Romo to win games, but this time, they did, and Romo showed his true colors yet again. His contract is over right? I can't see them re-signing him.

WOOT!!!!
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-chicago-bears-head-coach-155256776--nfl.html

This year's surprise firing in the NFL is Chicago Bears head coach Lovie Smith. The Bears failed to make the playoffs in 2012, and in five of the last six seasons. That's why Smith, who made the Super Bowl at the end of the 2006 season and the NFC Championship game at the end of the 2010 campaign, will be looking for work elsewhere.
NFL com's Ian Rapoport was the first to report the news. FOX Sports.com's Jay Glazer reports that the Bears have already asked permission to interview Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy for the open position.

Smith, who postedd an 80-63 regular season mark with the team since 2004, and a 6-3 record in the postseason, had just three losing records in his tenure with the organization -- 5-11 in his first season, and two 7-9 seasons.

General manager Phil Emery, hired in January of 2012, was told by Bears ownership that he would have Smith as his head coach this season, but that things could change.

"Lovie has said there's pressure every year to win. That's just a fact of life in the NFL," team chairman George McCaskey said in July. "We told Phil when he came in that Lovie had to be the coach in 2012. He accepted that condition. We also told him that he would have the freedom to make a change if he thought it was necessary after 2012."

The move is questionable at best, in our opinion. Smith kept things going on the field as former general manager Jerry Angelo made a series of questionable personnel decisions, and a series of offensive coordinators -- most notably Mike Tice and Mike Martz -- made offensive line continuity and quarterback protection nearly impossible. Quarterback Jay Cutler, who Angelo traded a host of pick to the Denver Broncos for in 2009, has been erratic even at the best of times, and the team's defense -- always Smith's trademark -- has been among the best in the league through his tenure.

"As far as my expectations, it's the same as I put on myself," Emery said before the season. "I said this when I first came in, we expect to be experts at our given jobs. And our goal is excellence and coming together to win championships, and that's my expectations -- to make steady progress towards those goals.

"I consider this a team that has goals. And we want to make progress towards those goals daily and weekly, every Sunday, towards those goals. And I want to know where that direction is. It won't be Week 1, Week 2. It'll be at the end of the season. I want to know what the direction of our team is daily and weekly toward attaining our goals, and that's how I'll determine it. Are we achieving excellence? Are we moving towards our goals or not?"

Well, Emery now has an opening. The question is, can he find someone to answer his own questions?

Doesnt matter how well Romo is playing. He could be playing his nuts off in a given game and he will still find a way to have a killer brain-fart. Hes not the only bonehead there...but hes 1-5 in elimination games. Nuff said.

Colt are a nice story this year. But lets not forget they werent as bad as thier record last year...they completely tanked games last year in order for the first pick at Luck. Good plan it seems but no respect for teams that quit and or tank games in pro sports.

Good morning. Just finished the Cowboys-Redskins game. Romo'd :D

If you want the explanation for why Romo isn't Brady or Manning, just watch last night's game. Big game, big choke. Again.

Oh hey! And Reid's fired. Thanks for the memories and enjoy San Diego. I'm hoping the Eagles make a move for Chip Kelly.

I am not surprised the Bears fired Lovie Smith. Well deserved considering his team has missed the playoffs five of the last six years. Fucking Devin Hester says he is stunned and contemplating retirement. Hester also blames the media and fans for Lovie's dismissal. I guess sitting out of the playoffs the last few years didn't bother Hester. I say let him retire and use his salary on an offensive lineman that can block. At least Cutler accepted some responsibility for the coach being fired.

Doesnt matter how well Romo is playing. He could be playing his nuts off in a given game and he will still find a way to have a killer brain-fart. Hes not the only bonehead there...but hes 1-5 in elimination games. Nuff said.

Colt are a nice story this year. But lets not forget they werent as bad as thier record last year...they completely tanked games last year in order for the first pick at Luck. Good plan it seems but no respect for teams that quit and or tank games in pro sports.

Their QB was Curtis Painter who IS THAT BAD

Anyone been watching the Skins all year? I don't see any of the hype that RG3 deserves from last night..but maybe he was off. Morris completely dominated the Cowboys D late 2nd quarter/rest of the game but man did RG3 not seal the deal early, or Romo win it for the Cowboys when he threw though 2 picks and the Skins couldn't put up any points. It's funny that there's always been the complaint that the Boys D couldn't help Romo to win games, but this time, they did, and Romo showed his true colors yet again. His contract is over right? I can't see them re-signing him.

You don't watch or read about football at all do you?

RGIII has an injured knee and has been wearing a brace. He only attempted 19 passes IIRC. Why pass when you can just run it? Romo will get resigned this offseason. There's no better alternative available.

Good morning. Just finished the Cowboys-Redskins game. Romo'd :D

If you want the explanation for why Romo isn't Brady or Manning, just watch last night's game. Big game, big choke. Again.

At least Romo never choked away a Super Bowl.

How far back are you going? Peyton played in the AFC Championship in 2003 after having two brilliant playoff games. Peyton was 26 at the time. Romo is 32 right now.

But Peyton played terribly in plenty of playoff games (it's been a while since KR has whined about the Chargers, but still). What my point is, is that unless Romo wins a Super Bowl (and wins by throwing like 400 yds and 4 tds, not a defensive win), he can't ever not be a choker. But Peyton can dish out multi-INT games and pick 6s, but thanks to one SB win with an average performance (And lots of reg season wins in a weak division), he's the shit. Now I'm not going to say he isn't a great QB. But his record in the playoffs is abysmal. Even on that postseason SB winning run, he threw 7 INTs to 3 TDs. If the Cowboys won a Super Bowl with Peytons 2007 SB playoff performance coming from Romo, all [you guys] would be saying is "Yeah, but....". It's a damn double standard.

P.S. props on calling the Giants a fraud. If I'm gonna rip Romo, I need to give you due respect.

Thank you. I think if they had actually gotten into the playoffs, they might suddenly have "turned it on". But 9-7 wasn't good enough to qualify this year (although it was in the other 2 years). What that says to me is a lack of discipline, and that actually starts at the top.

I know how bad Painter is / was. Colts still had talent on both sides of the ball...atleast better than last years record indicated. They clearly pooped away games no matter.

At least Romo never choked away a Super Bowl.

But Peyton played terribly in plenty of playoff games (it's been a while since KR has whined about the Chargers, but still). What my point is, is that unless Romo wins a Super Bowl (and wins by throwing like 400 yds and 4 tds, not a defensive win), he can't ever not be a choker. But Peyton can dish out multi-INT games and pick 6s, but thanks to one SB win with an average performance (And lots of reg season wins in a weak division), he's the shit. Now I'm not going to say he isn't a great QB. But his record in the playoffs is abysmal. Even on that postseason SB winning run, he threw 7 INTs to 3 TDs. If the Cowboys won a Super Bowl with Peytons 2007 SB playoff performance coming from Romo, all [you guys] would be saying is "Yeah, but....". It's a damn double standard.

Re: Super Bowl. For Manning to have the opportunity to choke in a Super Bowl he had to win two more rounds of the playoffs than Romo ever has. Manning accomplished more in that one playoff run than Romo ever has in his career.

Re: Peyton's "abysmal playoff history." Dude, you need to chill with the hyperbole. Manning had some abysmal games (i.e. Jets 41-0) but had some great games as well (i.e. vs. Broncos and Chiefs in 2004). Overall he's 8-9 with 27 TDs and 17 ints. Nowhere near as good as his regular season stats, but far, far from abysmal.

I am not surprised the Bears fired Lovie Smith. Well deserved considering his team has missed the playoffs five of the last six years. Fucking Devin Hester says he is stunned and contemplating retirement. Hester also blames the media and fans for Lovie's dismissal. I guess sitting out of the playoffs the last few years didn't bother Hester. I say let him retire and use his salary on an offensive lineman that can block. At least Cutler accepted some responsibility for the coach being fired.
Next to be gone is Hester and Urlacher. Release Urlacher and try to trade Hester for a draft pick. 4th or 5th round im guessing.

Re: Super Bowl. For Manning to have the opportunity to choke in a Super Bowl he had to win two more rounds of the playoffs than Romo ever has. Manning accomplished more in that one playoff run than Romo ever has in his career.

Re: Peyton's "abysmal playoff history." Dude, you need to chill with the hyperbole. Manning had some abysmal games (i.e. Jets 41-0) but had some great games as well (i.e. vs. Broncos and Chiefs in 2004). Overall he's 8-9 with 27 TDs and 17 ints. Nowhere near as good as his regular season stats, but far, far from abysmal.

Missing the point.

Anyway, speaking of Manning, there's definitely a good possibility of another Packers-Broncos Super Bowl this year. The last one was, in my mind, the greatest Super Bowl ever. I wonder if history will repeat?