NFL 2012

Missing the point.

Anyway, speaking of Manning, there's definitely a good possibility of another Packers-Broncos Super Bowl this year. The last one was, in my mind, the greatest Super Bowl ever. I wonder if history will repeat?

Loved that Super Bowl. Would be an interesting matchup. I don't have faith in the Packers' defense though. Honestly, I have no idea who will make it out of the NFC, but I'd like it to be Green Bay. My money is on the Pats in the AFC.

On another subject, if Peterson doesn't win the MVP award, then they should just rename the award, Most Valuable Quaterback. Without AP, the Vikings are drafting in the top 5. To do what he did less than a year after tearig his ACL is just unreal. He is quite literally the Most Valuable Player.

People both IRL and on radio keep mentioning his fucking injury. To me that has nothing to do with being MVP. It's about what you accomplish, not what you overcome. That being said, he should probably get the MVP anyway, but stop mentioning some ridiculous "comeback" as a reason for MVP...

You don't watch or read about football at all do you?

RGIII has an injured knee and has been wearing a brace. He only attempted 19 passes IIRC. Why pass when you can just run it? Romo will get resigned this offseason. There's no better alternative available.

Did you watch him throw? And he ran more times this game than his last one, so that's a terrible excuse. I don't think he made any good throws, or easy ones in the first half.

Wow, definitely would have been pointless to win in DC:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-NickEatman/Dez-Romo-Among-Several-Players-With-Significant-Injuries-/65a767f1-863a-434a-97e3-1cb03401ace7

Tony Romo reportedly suffered broken ribs early in the game, but head coach Jason Garrett said Monday Romo was doing better.

But the wide receiver position would’ve been in shambles, assuming Dez Bryant couldn’t play. Bryant spent Monday morning in a Dallas hospital after the team returned home following the game. A serious back injury that prevented him from even standing up straight or walking on his own power forced him to stay in the hospital to get more tests and treatment.

“We got his clothes on after the game and carried him to the bus,” Garrett said, describing the extent of Bryant’s injury. “We put him up in first class on the plane just so he could have a little space and some comfort. He was over here today moving around a little better. We think this is ultimately going to get under control but it’s a pretty significant injury. He couldn't come back and play and couldn’t walk until this morning.”

Miles Austin and Dwayne Harris both suffered high-ankle sprains as well. Harris was in a walking boot on Monday and said he expects to be back for the entire off-season program. Austin should be able to do the same, but was not available for comment.

Cole Beasley suffered an AC separation in his shoulder. At the end of the game, only Kevin Ogletree made it out without any injuries. Had the Cowboys played this week, practice guys Andre Holmes and Tim Benford would’ve likely signed, along with possibly Anthony Armstrong, who was recently cut.

On the defensive side, Anthony Spencer also suffered an ankle injury and tried to play through it at the end. DeMarcus Ware obviously has been in pain for most of the season, playing with elbow and shoulder injuries of late, but also nursing nagging hamstring and neck injuries all year. Ware said Sunday night he will have offseason surgery on his elbow and neck.

So down to Ogletree and two practice squad guys for receivers, with Romo injured.

The Steelers are really somewhat mercifully out of the running as well. Of their top four corners, only their nickel back, Cortez Allen, is even healthy enough to play. Brett Keisel sprained his MCL, something happened to Cameron Heyward too...DeCastro and one of the other linemen suffered an injury. Ryan Clark suffered a serious leg contusion that had him in the hospital. They would have to move their left guard, who was their right guard, to right tackle (as the fourth string right tackle at this point) and put the backup center at left guard. Meanwhile, Mike Wallace was already injured, Heath Miller is FUBAR, and Roethlisberger hasn't been the same since the injury.

It really does seem like there were more injuries this year across the league than I ever remember, and I don't mean stingers or whatever. IR, out for half the season, etc.

I wasted a FDP on Hakeem Nicks believing what he said about "ready for the regular season". He never got 100% all year. The Cowboys cycled between two centers and a converted guard all year, and the centers seemed rotate every single game due to injury.

A lot of these injuries also often seem to be injuries we didn't use to see much of as recently as 10 years ago, such as the widespread hamstring pulls and high ankle sprains. Was it just that they were shooting them with painkillers and sending them out? Is there a problem with modern training and prevention methods? Is it just due to the increased size and speed of the players?

Playoffs Prediction Time.

Wild Card Games

Bengals at Texans: Texans
Vikings at Packers: Packers
Colts at Ravens: Colts
Seahawks at Redskins: Redskins

Divisional Games

Colts at Broncos (why god?!): Broncos
Packers at 49ers: 49ers
Texans at Patriots: Texans
Redskins at Falcons: Falcons

Conference Championship Games

Texans at Broncos: Broncos
49ers at Falcons: Falcons

Super Bowl

Broncos and Falcons: Broncos. Suck it Brady.

What is everyone else's predictions?

What is everyone else's predictions?

First, a comment on your picks. Why on earth makes you think the Texans could beat the Pats considering 1. how badly the Pats beat down the Texans and 2. how poorly the Texans have played over the last month?

Here's my picks. I'll probably be wrong on everything, but what the hell:

Bengals over Texans
Ravens over Colts (really tempted to pick the Colts here)
Seahawks over Redskins
Packers over Vikings

Pats over Ravens (worst possible matchup for Pats, but still...)
Broncos over Bengals
Seahawks over Falcons (think this would be a bad matchup for the Falcons)
Packers over 49ers

Pats over Broncos (this could go either way. Winner of this game wins Super Bowl)
Packers over Seahawks (fail marry rematch!)

Pats over Packers

I think it's going to be Broncos - Packers. I'm rooting for the Seahawks though. I would root for the Bengals but they don't have a chance in hell.

Packers are a good team, but am not sure if I see them in the Superbowl. If chances they played The Bronco's in the Superbowl. I feel Peyton and The Bronco's would pick them apart and completely dominate them.

I think it's going to be Broncos - Packers. I'm rooting for the Seahawks though. I would root for the Bengals but they don't have a chance in hell.

The Bengals remind me an awful lot of the Giants during their Super Bowl runs. They have an excellent pass rush, decent secondary and their Offense can get into the end zone. Dalton is going to have to be spot on (IMHO Dalton is an Eli Manning clone/ feast or famine) and one of their receivers is going to have to step up and help Green and Gresham (Jones, Hawkins, Sanu)