NFL 2013

Man the announcers for the Pats-Eagles game must be happy. Usually you have to kill so much time during the second half of preseason games talking about nonsense, but they've just been handed the silver plattered of time-killing talking points.

And yeah, the Eagles will probably suck this year. I am optimistic that Kelly will be successful, but not until he finds a QB and establishes a proper front seven on the defensive side.

I'm looking forward to watching the o-line though. The level of athleticism across the board is just insane.

McCoy and the Oline are going to have to carry the Eagles offensively. I expect a lot of quick screens and slants to Jackson as well.

Looking forward to the Gmen tonight. Want to see what this LB-core is all about; DE DeMantre Moore; I'm hearing great things about DT Johnathan Hankins. I also wanna see what this QB Nassib has.

Disappointed SS Cooper Taylor is out. I really wanted to see this kid play. 6'4 225, athletic, hopefully next week.

Sounds like he's fine. I know a lot of people wish he was injured, but you know the Pats would still find a way to go 10-6 or 9-7 and win that crappy division, but just be way more boring in the process. Might as well have Brady in there and give us some entertaining games.

Yeah, when I heard it was his left knee I kinda freaked, knowing he tore his left ACL in '08. Since everyone was talking about all the ACL tears. I heard his MRI came out okay though, so apparently he's fine? Hope so.

And worst case scenario, we'd still win the division. ;)

That major boom just heard in the atmosphere was the collective NE sigh...MRI neg listed as day to day. I really don't give shits about winning the crappy div...theyd have zero chance of course of doing anything significant without no.12 at the helm.

That major boom just heard in the atmosphere was the collective NE sigh...MRI neg listed as day to day. I really don't give shits about winning the crappy div...theyd have zero chance of course of doing anything significant without no.12 at the helm.

Of course from a Pats fan perspective it would be devastating, since there's no way they're winning a title without Brady. But for people who just want to see the Pats fail (a lot of NFL fans, though I've always liked watching the Pats when they're on their game)I don't think they'd get what they'd hope for. The Pats would still win the East and maybe even a wildcard game against someone like the Bengals, Colts or Steelers.

NE went 11-5 without Brady or Gronk (of course they also missed the playoffs lolz).

Belichik is better than Brady.

Uh, Gronk wasn't even an NFL player when that happened. He's totally irrelevant to any conversation about what happened in 08.

And that 08 team was stacked with Welker, Moss and solid stable of RBs. If Brady went down today, who would Mallet have to work with? Ridely is good, but the WRs are all question marks.

NE went 11-5 without Brady or Gronk (of course they also missed the playoffs lolz).

Belichik is better than Brady.

Unless you meant that Gronk wasn't even on the team back then. As so many of the current players weren't.

But still, how can you compare a coach to a quarterback? Maybe "more relevant for success", but "better"? Just sounds weird. (Either way, they both play a part.)

Uh, Gronk wasn't even an NFL player when that happened. He's totally irrelevant to any conversation about what happened in 08.

And that 08 team was stacked with Welker, Moss and solid stable of RBs. If Brady went down today, who would Mallet have to work with? Ridely is good, but the WRs are all question marks.

That "solid stable" was a mix of average players, like today. Welker is slightly overrated, and the rest of the receiving corp was as noname as today excluding Moss, a guy who sortly got cut after 08. Gronk is not "irrelevant" in mentioning he wasn't around. He's relevant in mentioning he wasn't around precisely because he wasn't.

Belichik makes the Pats. Brady is good, but I still think Belichik makes the Pats.

I still want to know exactly what the deal was with Welker just bouncing like that. Feels like more to the story than they're letting on.

That "solid stable" was a mix of average players, like today. Welker is slightly overrated, and the rest of the receiving corp was as noname as today excluding Moss, a guy who sortly got cut after 08. Gronk is not "irrelevant" in mentioning he wasn't around. He's relevant in mentioning he wasn't around precisely because he wasn't.

Belichik makes the Pats. Brady is good, but I still think Belichik makes the Pats.

Welker and Moss were elite receivers in 07/08. I really don't see how you could deny that. Moss got cut because of his attitude, not because of his play. Now their best receiver is Danny Amandola, who IMO is a glorified #3.

Crims you've been spot on pretty much here.

BTW Mallett fookin sucks and Tebow well, is Tebow. And no Welker, Woodhead, Lloyd, Hernandez, Gronk (for a bit)...yeah woohoo!

The Pats approach is to be more balanced on offense relying more on the RBs Ridley and Vereen. This was in place after Gronks injury last year and even prior to the departure of Welker, Lloyd and Hernandez's situation etc. Now that we see who was brought in as free agents and who the Pats are trotting out there as rookie WRs...the Pats are riding more on Brady now more than ever and not on the genious coach / GM who has left the QB hung out to dry a bit imo.

Pats havnt hit on a solid WR in years in the draft...hope im proved wrong with this crop that was brought in. Bottom line no Brady no chance in hell...even the Division id be worried about.

Welker and Moss were elite receivers in 07/08. I really don't see how you could deny that. Moss got cut because of his attitude, not because of his play. Now their best receiver is Danny Amandola, who IMO is a glorified #3.

Welker is a "glorified #3", just like Amandola. Their stats last year were similar. They are high production slot possession receivers.

Welker is a "glorified #3", just like Amandola. Their stats last year were similar. They are high production slot possession receivers.

I thought you were talking about 2008, not 2012. Either way Welker was a much better player then and he still is now.

Their stats aren't similar at all. Welker averaged about 20 more YPG. Welker has 1,100+ yards in 5 of the last 6 seasons. Amendola has never broken 700.