NFL 2013

Which has nothing to do with the system and overall team quality right? Welker was a nobody before 2007. Amendola was on the fucking Rams.

Which has nothing to do with the system and overall team quality right? Welker was a nobody before 2007. Amendola was on the fucking Rams.

Quality of the team kinda goes both ways. It's very possible that Amendola got way more targets because the other recievers were guys like Brandon Gibson and Donnie Avery. In contrast, Welker had to share the ball with Moss, Stallworth, Gronk, Hernandez, etc.

And I don't see how you can hold his first three years against him. He was an undrafted rookie who showed significant improvement every year in Miami.

Anyway, maybe I'm wrong and Amendola will have 1300 yards this year and be a major weapon, but until he actually does it, there's no justification for saying he's on par with a player as accomplished as Welker.

If Amendola can stay healthy he'll be as good maybe even better than Welker in this system. His speed is much better than Welkers...the YACs will greatly improve. The only thing is that he wont be lining up with the likes of Hernandez, Gronk, Lloyd etc. Who knows how in sync Amendola will be with all these Rooks.

Crims you've been spot on pretty much here.

BTW Mallett fookin sucks and Tebow well, is Tebow. And no Welker, Woodhead, Lloyd, Hernandez, Gronk (for a bit)...yeah woohoo!

My non-football fan friend is blaming Tebow being a "man of god" for Brady getting injured. But either way, Tommy will come back and lead us to victory once again.

I have faith that Gronk will return. We need at least one tight end from last year. Since the other one really isn't an option...

I also find it hilarious everytime they mention Aaron Hernandez... they just don't want to go into detail about that situation at all. Pretty funny.

Quality of the team kinda goes both ways. It's very possible that Amendola got way more targets because the other recievers were guys like Brandon Gibson and Donnie Avery. In contrast, Welker had to share the ball with Moss, Stallworth, Gronk, Hernandez, etc.

Or another way to look at it is that the defense can't cover everyone and Welker was a natural mismatch in the slot against linebackers and nickel cornerbacks.

Anyway, maybe I'm wrong and Amendola will have 1300 yards this year and be a major weapon, but until he actually does it, there's no justification for saying he's on par with a player as accomplished as Welker.

If Amendola can stay healthy he'll be as good maybe even better than Welker in this system. His speed is much better than Welkers...the YACs will greatly improve. The only thing is that he wont be lining up with the likes of Hernandez, Gronk, Lloyd etc. Who knows how in sync Amendola will be with all these Rooks.

Exactly. Amandola is about the only proven commodity in the bunch right now, which means he is going to garner a whole lot more coverage attention than Welker did being the 3rd receiving option (except at dink-n-dunk time) for most of his career. Welker is on his last legs, Amandola has plenty of life left. I consider this an excellent tradeup by Belichik at this stage in the careers of both receivers. Welker was clearly filling a role in Belichik's offense, which is why B went and got him, and why now he is being replaced by someone very comparable in skillset.

Vick is fools gold, and will probably be hurt lol.

Dak, Welker wasn't a nobody before he signed with the Pats. Maybe he was to you, but not to anyone who was paying attention. sigh

-_- Relative. No one predicted he would pile up some thousand yard seasons with the Pats. Merely that he was a serviceable slot receiver gotten for good value.

Amendola isn't a "nobody" either.

Welker did get a more per year offer from Pats but he chose / preferred understandably the longer comittment in years (4) that Denver offered. Pats werent budging past 1-2 years.

That's what I was so confused about. He was incredibly well-liked here, but I guess money will always take precedence.

Edit: Just finished watching the next Pats pre-season game. We won again... even with Tebow at the helm.

System system system. Even without a big time WR, Brady and the Pats will do just fine. He'll throw for over 4,000 yards and over 30 TD's.
put him on any other team and he isn't very special at all.

Between Danny Amendola, Aaron Dobson and Julian Edelman, I think my Pats will be fine. They did a pretty bombass job tonight. Did anyone else watch?

The D- looked great...lots of pressure on the QB, sacks etc.

We know what the Pats are, who thier studs have been etc...an amazingly consistent organization. But imo if theyre to win another title itll come down to 3 players stepping up and having good-great years...Ridley, Vereen, and Jones. Brady will have Godly stats, theyll win the division, maybe a playoff game. But re-establishing a smashmouth running game and having a solid pass rusher (Jones) is the key for winning it all.

Cmon Krig...we all know the system thing. But Brady is known to make a bunch of no-names in "the system" look great. I think he'd do well on any team.