NFL 2013

Manning gets some GOAT points tonight. I have a feeling there are going to be plenty of 5+ TD games this year though. Too much working against defenses.

It was a good night to have Manning in fantasy. I got 46.28 from that.

A few others have also had seven in a game, but not since the sixties.

Unrelated, but I'm annoyed that standard fantasy formats don't value what's actually valuable in the NFL. Fantasy systems tend to value RBs the highest, but in actuality RBs are the most fungible position and QBs the least. QB is clearly the most important position in the NFL, so you would think fantasy scoring would attempt to reflect that. I'd love to see RBs replaced with team rushing. You don't know who Denver is going to put in the backfield. It's a huge gamble in fantasy, but in real life, the difference between Moreno/Ball/Hillman/replacement RB is next to nothing. As a unit, they'd be excellent, but individually they probably blow. I guess I how this would ruin leagues if all RB crews were taken at the draft and then everything after that would be determined.

I would give QBs way more credit for big passing games. 100 yard/game RBs typically correlate with winning, but only because teams that are winning choose to run more often.

tumblr_msox8fjofb1r7em49o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_msozcgGMjz1qzmmzco1_1280.jpg

Peyton with those receivers will most likely put up godly numbers this year that most of us have never seen before. The ass kissing and hype will be off the charts...itll make it all that much sweeter when he chokes it in the playoffs.

Save it i know...like Brady and Co. did against the Giants. ; )

Peyton with those receivers will most likely put up godly numbers this year that most of us have never seen before. The ass kissing and hype will be off the charts...itll make it all that much sweeter when he chokes it in the playoffs.

Save it i know...like Brady and Co. did against the Giants. ; )

dude without one of the top 5 kickers in nfl history brady would still be looking for a ring.

dude without one of the top 5 kickers in nfl history brady would still be looking for a ring.

Its beyond stupid to say.

Why is Brady even being brought up here? In making light i even mentioned him failing as well. Doesnt matter, we all know his overall success and his greatness.

LOL...God forbid mdmatt4 if anything is said about Peyton. How i would thoroughly enjoy him failing say in the playoffs after having a great potential off the charts season in which im even predicting he will have. Just as i implied Brady and Co doing the same during the undefeated run / season and how soooooo many people (in wich i understood) took joy in them losing in the end.

Honestly, you could actually say he's been overated since coming out of College. 0-4 against the Gators, no national title or heisman, Vols win title the year after Peyton leaves. 9-11 playoff record with 8 one and dones. Sure he puts up goddy numbers at times, but the key numbers dont seem to coincide with a no.1 pick and some who label as the greatest QB ever? But what do i know, im just a hater.

Doesn't coincide with a no. 1 pick!? Manning is the fucking jackpot of a #1 pick. Here are the five #1s picked before and after Manning. Please tell me which ones you think are better than Manning: Drew Bledsoe, Dan Wilkenson, Kijana Carter, Keyshawn Johnson, Orlando Pace, Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Michael Vick, David Carr, Carson Palmer.

Also, Manning's playoff QBR is actually almost identical to Brady's. It's important to remeber that playoff wins and loses fall on teams, not players. If Vanderjagt makes that field goal against the Steelers in 06 and if Vinatiri misses one of those field goals in the snow against the Raiders in 02 it's possible both guys have 2 Super Bowls and the conversation is totally different.

Its beyond stupid to say.

Why is Brady even being brought up here? In making light i even mentioned him failing as well. Doesnt matter, we all know his overall success and his greatness.

LOL...God forbid mdmatt4 if anything is said about Peyton. How i would thoroughly enjoy him failing say in the playoffs after having a great potential off the charts season in which im even predicting he will have. Just as i implied Brady and Co doing the same during the undefeated run / season and how soooooo many people (in wich i understood) took joy in them losing in the end.

Brady was brought up because several years it was the defense of the colts/denver that really blew a game Peyton already had pretty much locked up. All 3 of Brady's Superbowl wins were by 3 points so in fact the final score shows the kicker was the one who clinched the games for Brady. Notice Vinateri has gone on to win a SB with another team while the Patriots haven't won a SB without him.

Doesn't coincide with a no. 1 pick!? Manning is the fucking jackpot of a #1 pick. Here are the five #1s picked before and after Manning. Please tell me which ones you think are better than Manning: Drew Bledsoe, Dan Wilkenson, Kijana Carter, Keyshawn Johnson, Orlando Pace, Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Michael Vick, David Carr, Carson Palmer.

Also, Manning's playoff QBR is actually almost identical to Brady's. It's important to remeber that playoff wins and loses fall on teams, not players. If Vanderjagt makes that field goal against the Steelers in 06 and if Vinatiri misses one of those field goals in the snow against the Raiders in 02 it's possible both guys have 2 Super Bowls and the conversation is totally different.

Exactly its a team game and Peyton has several QBR playoff years over 95% and the team still lost. Does everyone know Big Ben has the worst QBR average of a QB that won at least 2 SB in the last 30 years? That would be his average just during the SB games he played but really shows its a team game when his QBR average in SB games is that low and he still has won 2. I think the first SB Ben played in they won he had a QBR of like 37% going 9/21 with 2INTs and no TDs. Big Ben has 3 TDs and 5 INTs in his 3 SB games

Thank you.
But not trying to turn this into another Brady / Manning arguement.
My point is his 0-4, no hiesman, no title. Do those sound like things that go along with a no. 1 Pick? Id say no...hence overated. Just like his playoff record...not what youd think of when you think of someone who gets the label of one of the greatest ever.

Like it or not atleast i throw out factual stuff and not idiotic things like Peyton had nothing to do with the Colts playoff / SB success...like some say about Brady and his likes.

Been down this road enough...foolish to argue.
Bottom line is if i had one QB that i could pick in NFL history to teach my child the art / mechanics of throwing a football- its Peyton maybe Marino.

At the same time if i had a one game, everthing on the line, one time to win a SB and could pick any QB in NFL hisrory to lead my team...Peytons probably not even in my top 5.

My point is his 0-4, no hiesman, no title. Do those sound like things that go along with a no. 1 Pick. Id say no...hence overated.

That's a horrible argument. Draft prospects are evaluated on their overall skillset, including mechanics, football IQ, upside, leadership skills, their performace over their whole career- not just their performance in bowl games. Ryan Leaf had a better record in Bowl Games- by your logic he was underrated?