NFL 2013

?? refresh me.

monday morning on the mike and mike show mike ditka flat out said peyton is the best player in the league and the best player he has ever seen in his time with football but didn't say peyton was the best of all time because the game is played differently with different rules compared to 20-30-40 years ago. when peytons playoff record was brought up ditka basically said who gives a rats ass about that

If playoff record doesn't matter than why should regular season record matter? or stats even? What an asinine statement.

One of the best QBs ever? Of course. Considered one of the MVPs of the league along with Brady, Brees, Rodgers etc... yup. But best players in the league? nah When considering the best players in the league there are so many other factors besides stats and records... AP is probably the best pure football player in the league.

If playoff record doesn't matter than why should regular season record matter? or stats even? What an asinine statement.

One of the best QBs ever? Of course. Considered one of the MVPs of the league along with Brady, Brees, Rodgers etc... yup. But best players in the league? nah When considering the best players in the league there are so many other factors besides stats and records... AP is probably the best pure football player in the league.

Talk about asinine, define what a "pure football player" is. lol wtf

how are W/L records the same as stats? a stat is a tangible that can be measured and viewed as to how well a person is playing. trent dilfer has a SB ring and dan marino does not. go figure

monday morning on the mike and mike show mike ditka flat out said peyton is the best player in the league and the best player he has ever seen in his time with football but didn't say peyton was the best of all time because the game is played differently with different rules compared to 20-30-40 years ago. when peytons playoff record was brought up ditka basically said who gives a rats ass about that

Ha ha gotcha now. Well Ditka has taken many shots to the head. For him as a former player and coach and one who made his mark winning playoff games and titles...the guy is delusional. Its not the only way to judge players but those games are kind of important and can define a player. And no, not define a f'in Trent Dilfer...meaning established great players like the Bradys, Brees, Mannings etc.

We all know if Peyton goes on and finishes his career playing well, improves his playoff record, wins another title or two, even with a great suppporting cast...the playoffs and titles will then certainly matter right?

Anyway, yes you are both wrong. And my point was that Brees imo is near perfection in his mechanics at the position, he does everything well. In the same that JimmyD mentioned AP...perfection at the position. Its not a comparison or to slight other QBs. Peyton QB camp was it for me for the longest time...to where my kid would go to learn how to throw.

I don't think any of us are able to critique mechanics of a QB as well.

I really don't get how the NFL QB hierarchy isn't Peyton > Brady > Brees/Rodgers

I don't think any of us are able to critique mechanics of a QB as well.

I really don't get how the NFL QB hierarchy isn't Peyton > Brady > Brees/Rodgers

Speak for yourself lol. It's really splitting hairs at their level and im not revealing anything that most of us already know. Its just a matter of release, strength, short / long range accuracy, vision and most importantly imo footwork. Brees is the overall best imo.

Yeah but seriously what are you watching tape of them during the game and practice? Kind of ridiculous to act like you do..If Brees was so good he wouldn't have gotten cut from SD like a douche!

lol what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Brees

Brees' career with the Chargers was in jeopardy after San Diego acquired NC State's Philip Rivers after the 2004 NFL Draft. After the trade, it was almost certain Brees' days as the Chargers' starting QB were over. However, Rivers held out nearly all of training camp,and Brees remained the starter throughout the 2004 season, where he started 15 games and led the team to a 12-4 regular season record. Brees posted spectacular numbers, completing 65.5% of his passes for 3,159 yards, with 27 touchdowns to only 7 interceptions, giving him a 104.8 passer rating. The Chargers won the AFC West and Brees was selected to the 2004 NFL Pro Bowl. He was named 2004 NFL Comeback Player of the Year.[17]
2005[edit]
Brees became a free agent after the season and was not expected to return to San Diego, which had already committed a large sum of money to Rivers. The team eventually designated Brees a franchise player, giving him a one-year contract that quadrupled his pay to $8 million for 2005. Under the terms of the franchise player contract, Brees was eligible to be traded or sign with another team, but the Chargers would receive two future first round draft choices in return. He was not traded and continued as starting quarterback for the remainder of the 2005 season.[18]
Brees continued his productive play in 2005, as he posted a career high in passing yards with 3,576. Brees also posted an 89.2 rating, 10th best in the NFL. However, in the last game of the 2005 season against the Denver Broncos, Brees tore his labrum while trying to pick up his own fumble after being hit by Broncos safety John Lynch. Denver tackle Gerard Warren hit Brees while he was on the ground, causing the injury. Brees underwent arthroscopic surgery, performed by Dr. James Andrews, to repair the torn labrum in his right (throwing) shoulder on January 5, 2006. Subsequent reports mentioned additional rotator cuff damage and he also was treated by Dr. Saby Szajowitz to recover and regain muscle movement. He was selected as first alternate to the AFC Pro Bowl team for the 2005 season. He would have played in his second consecutive Pro Bowl due to the injury to starter Carson Palmer, but his own injury dictated that the AFC Pro Bowl roster would have to be filled by second alternate Jake Plummer.[citation needed]
After the season, the Chargers offered Brees a 5-year, $50 million contract that paid $2 million in base salary the first year and the rest heavily based on performance incentives. Brees evaluated the incentive-based offer as a sign of no confidence by the Chargers and promptly demanded the salary a top 5 "franchise" quarterback would receive.
New Orleans Saints (2006-present)[edit]
After the Chargers refused to increase their offer, Brees met with other teams. The New Orleans Saints and the Miami Dolphins were interested. New Orleans made an offer that included $10 million in guaranteed money the first year and a $12 million option the second year. Miami was unsure if Brees' shoulder was completely healed and doctors suggested the team not sign him because of the injury.[19] The Dolphins ended negotiations and traded for Minnesota Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper instead. Brees signed a 6-year, $60 million deal with the Saints on March 14, 2006.

He also thought Ricky Williams was worth an entire draft plus and extra 1st and 3rd.

Yeah but seriously what are you watching tape of them during the game and practice? Kind of ridiculous to act like you do..If Brees was so good he wouldn't have gotten cut from SD like a douche!

Really? Just an observation and my opinion based on what ive seen. I dont think its that ridiculous to state that Brees is very sound / complete at the position and is fun to watch. He is also a different QB these days than what you refer to. This wasn't about good or bad, winning etc. just an off topic side thing. A. Luck hasn't won shit, yet he is already impressive to watch.

Really? Just an observation and my opinion based on what ive seen. I dont think its that ridiculous to state that Brees is very sound / complete at the position and is fun to watch. He is also a different QB these days than what you refer to. This wasn't about good or bad, winning etc. just an off topic side thing. A. Luck hasn't won shit, yet he is already impressive to watch.

drew brees was pretty average with the chargers. why does he look better with the saints? because of the guys he is throwing to. seriously he throws passes to graham that 90% of the TEs or receivers in the nfl couldn't catch because they aren't smart passes and graham goes up and gets them in ridiculous fashion. just like brady was falling back on moss, welker, gronk and the murder forever and while brady doesn't look bad this season its not the same

You guys are making way more out of it.

Let me try it this way. If i was going to send my kid to a pitchers camp, it wouldve been to Mike Mussina's. I simply only mean the art of throwing, the mechanics, how to etc. It doesnt mean Mussina is / was the greatest pitcher ever.

You guys are making way more out of it.

Let me try it this way. If i was going to send my kid to a pitchers camp, it wouldve been to Mike Mussina's. Simply mean the art of throwing, the mechanics, how to etc. It doesnt mean Mussina is / was the greatest pitcher ever.

I'm just saying, how much do you really know about pitching/throwing a football properly? I can say Brees is a sound QB in his mechanics but that opinion really has no weight because i'm not a coach or anything like that

I'm just saying, how much do you really know about pitching/throwing a football properly? I can say Brees is a sound QB in his mechanics but that opinion really has no weight because i'm not a coach or anything like that

Was a 3yr varsity starter both pitcher and QB in H.S. and won division state titles in both sports...if that counts for anything lol. Its just what the eyes tell me watchn certain players...some look better than others. Really wasnt trying to turn this into a big deal and im certainly no expert here.

Nothing like mortgaging the farm for a running back in a passing league.

in 1999 when williams was drafted i don't remember the nfl being a passing league the way it is now. also williams helped the saints win the i first playoff game ever so something came out of it