NFL 2013

Its not NFL but its football. While we are waiting for sunday...did anyone see the Bama v Auburn finish today holy fuck?

Bama awarded with one second left on the clock after it looked like time had expired on the previous run out of bounds. So tied at 28 they attempt a game winning 56 yd FG which came up short, but this missed attempt was received and returned by Auburn for 100 yd game winning return...amazing game. So glad to see Saban and Tide unroll lol.

Yeah, I watched it, and posted about it in the What are you doing? thread. Insane, insane ending. It might be a top 5 College football game of all time.

I mean, 2 touchdowns in 30 seconds to beat the #1 arch rival Alabama Crimson Tide? Fuck.

Gotcha i didnt notice in other thread. Yeah good stuff today...a cpl instant classics. Ohio St v Michigan was amazing too.

Fucking Michigan goes for it on 4th down and then phales miserably after such a good comeback. Iron bowl was also great to watch.

College Football is awful. It's like the WNBA, nobody wants to watch a game with 288 lay ups. I mean if you fall over, the play is over. Awful. Just awful.

I disagree JD. Give me Bama v Auburn or any of todays NCAA matchups over many NFL matchups. These rivalry games always deliver. Ill take this over lets say Bucs v Skins any fuckin day...not even close as far as rivalry and entertainment. Ill even say these games were as good and as entertaining as most NFL marqee matchups, even like first priority- my Pats facing Denver last week.

Ohio State doesnt play anybody always schedules cupcakes, then they face an SEC team in a title or bowl game and get their asses kicked.

SEC teams schedule cupcakes all the time too. They always schedule division 2 teams.

Jimmy, you're dead wrong. College Football is awesome. I had as much fun watching Auburn-Alabama as I had watching any NFL game this year.

Yeah SEC does this too, but still they almost always kick ass in non conf big games.

Mondays NFL matchup looks to be awesome...two great QBs, great teams etc. If this game is half as good as todays college games, ill be very happy.

College football generally sucks. Fans will rave when there's a single good game but most of the games are massive, massive blowouts. Then the pace is slowed down because they stop the clock for every first down. And obviously the quality of play is inferior.

I'll take the NFL where the players are better and the games are closer without reservation.

That's the beauty of college football: it's an unknown. You can go into a game expecting one team to dismantle the other, but then all of a sudden, you find that "inferior" team ahead by a touchdown.

With the NFL, you have a much better idea of what you're going to see. You know what Tom Brady is capable of, and you have a pretty good idea of how things are going to work out. The NCAA is just crazy, and it's fun to follow the crazy.

College football generally sucks. Fans will rave when there's a single good game but most of the games are massive, massive blowouts. Then the pace is slowed down because they stop the clock for every first down. And obviously the quality of play is inferior.

I'll take the NFL where the players are better and the games are closer without reservation.

Believe me, not saying the NCAA is overall better...Im a fan of both. Yes, too many college teams, blowouts etc. Im not preferring BC v Rutgers or a Temple v Idaho over any NFL game. I was being specific, more the top 20 matchups, rivalry games, confer championship. Not just raving bout one game yesterday. There have been many football saturdays ive enjoyed over sundays. Of course the talent is inferior to the NFL, but the intensity, level of play and competition on its own is just as good.

Remember, these type games usually have major bowl or national title implications...lends to a highly competative and entertaining game. A given regular NFL game doesnt match this. As much as i love the NFL the playoffs, the fact is, many sundays in the NFL we have shit QBs, bad officiating and sloppy boring play. If people are just NFL fans then fine, but if your a football fan i dont know how you couldnt be a fan of what the NCAA threw out there yesterday...it was awesome. I purposely skipped my family get together day for christmas tree cutting, in order to watch yesterdays games lol.

NFL - Where players should be better but don't always play better..and sure it's easier to have gap in talent when there are 130 teams playing a week versus 32, how can you hate College but like the NFL? There's always ~5 high quality games a weekend, easily.

NFL>>>college football

college basketball>>>>>NBA

The way i look at it is...sometimes the opening act blows the doors off the headliners. If we can get good games both saturday and sundays, all the better!

Crazy game Pats...nice win!

The NCAA is an entirely inferior product to the NFL, and who gives a damn about either Football_Factory_X or Bupkus Tech Poly State College University at Random Town Div IIIIA?