NFL 2013

Mathiäs;10772442 said:
I hate the fucking 49ers and that thug piece of shit Kaepernick so much.

Dom Capers lost the game. Defense played well overall, on that last drive they didn't bring any pressure to Kaepernick and just tried to rush normally. Retarded. They stopped him earlier by bringing the house

I thought on the play that Kap ran for the first down it was mentioned that the Pack D- ran what had been working. Had the D-end in proper contain on edge and for some reason he noticably cut inside the blocker allowing Kap to scramble outside. Either way they did seem to get away from what worked.

I think 9ers / Panthers is a toss up.

Rooting for both Saints and Chargers but think they both get whacked badly. Hope im wrong.

Pats should take care of business at home. Been saying all along though that their injuries and secondary will catch up and hurt them come playoffs, against a quality QB, team etc. AFC is wide open though, all with good but not great teams, so who knows. Will not be surprised by anything the way this year played out. 3/4 NFC teams (sorry Saints) have a decent edge over any AFC team imo.

9'ers have more weapons on offense, but honestly I think the Panthers D is better.
Quarterback play is important, who can make the least amount of mistakes and the most big plays. Should be a fucking cool ass game.
Of course I'll be rooting for my 49'ers, but I wouldnt be too upset if Carolina won. They are a damn good team.

Anyone think the Chargers will pull off the upset? They basically played Denver even through the first two games and have already won in Denver. They're certainly not scared by the Broncos or intimidated by the situation and all the pressure is on Denver.

... and we all know Peyton is the master of the choke. :heh:

I thought on the play that Kap ran for the first down it was mentioned that the Pack D- ran what had been working. Had the D-end in proper contain on edge and for some reason he noticably cut inside the blocker allowing Kap to scramble outside. Either way they did seem to get away from what worked.

That's what Aikman said, he stated that Capers called for a contain/qb spy play and Bush (the corner who was supposed to be running the contain) blitzed on his own. I do not believe that though, why the fuck would he do that? I think the blitz was called by Capers. The way to beat Kaepernick is blitz 5-6 guys and spy 1-2 others in case he trys to run, and hope he doesn't get a throw off somewhere.

Yeah if he blows another home playoff game as a major favorite it basically eliminates him from the discussion as the greatest QB of all time. I mean he already has a humiliating number of chokes under his belt...

:lol:

My picks for the divisional round are as follows:

Seahawks
49ers
Patriots
Broncos

I think the Seahawks are going to destroy the Saints and the 49ers are going to handle the Panthers rather easily.

I expected the Colts to lose the Chiefs tbh, but like I said last night, they pulled that one out of their ass. And I expect them to lose to the Patriots even worse. But then again they could show up and pull another one out of their ass. They're too damn inconsistent even for me to judge. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

The Broncos-Chargers game will probably be another nail biter but the Broncos should be able to pull this one off. There's no reason they should lose this game.

if it makes any bengals fans happy dalton has played in 3 playoff games and yesterdays game against the chargers was his highest QBR in the 3 playoff games he's played

Saw this on Rotoworld:

"The Bears can cut Jay Cutler three seasons into his new seven-year deal with no cap hit.
Everyone that freaked out over the length of Cutler's deal can breathe now. He got no signing bonus, only guaranteed base salaries of $22.5M in 2014, $15.5M in 2015 and $16M in 2016 for a total of $54 million guaranteed. If the Bears want to move on in 2017 when Cutler turns 34 years old, they'll be able to do so with no strings attached."

The problem is though, they're stuck with him for another three years during which he'll be making a fucking ton of money.

It shouldn't but it amazes me how fast "stars" in the NFL come and go. It wasn't that long ago that everyone was thinking Stevie Johnson is a badass receiver and now there's rumors that Buffalo might cut him. haha

Seahawks
Panthers
Patriots
Broncos

I think the Chargers is the last match up the Broncos wanted. Divisional rival who has already won in Denver and who has a good QB who has won big playoff games on the road before. I don't think either defense will do much to stop the other offense. Still, I think Manning just does enough in a high scoring shoot out.

Saw this on Rotoworld:

"The Bears can cut Jay Cutler three seasons into his new seven-year deal with no cap hit.
Everyone that freaked out over the length of Cutler's deal can breathe now. He got no signing bonus, only guaranteed base salaries of $22.5M in 2014, $15.5M in 2015 and $16M in 2016 for a total of $54 million guaranteed. If the Bears want to move on in 2017 when Cutler turns 34 years old, they'll be able to do so with no strings attached."

The problem is though, they're stuck with him for another three years during which he'll be making a fucking ton of money

I think that's fine. Once they cut Peppers they're not gonna have a lot of other big contracts. And their odds of finding a better QB in free agency or the draft (considering where they are drafting) is low. I really don't have a problem with the contract.

It shouldn't but it amazes me how fast "stars" in the NFL come and go. It wasn't that long ago that everyone was thinking Stevie Johnson is a badass receiver and now there's rumors that Buffalo might cut him. haha

That's one thing I really don't like about football. Another example is Nnamdi Asomugha, who was one of the top players in football 2 years ago, and now he's retired!

I think that's fine. Once they cut Peppers they're not gonna have a lot of other big contracts. And their odds of finding a better QB in free agency or the draft (considering where they are drafting) is low. I really don't have a problem with the contract.
Peppers has to be gone. I wouldnt mind seeing either Tillman cut, or made into a safety. Dude has skills.
Hell, maybe even get a draft pick for Briggs.
Rebuild the entire defense.
They are saying Shea McClellin will be made a LB instead of a DE, smart.

Lets hope Mathis smashes faggot Tom Brady. Make it so, Colts!

Drew Brees was horrible. He had so many chances to make plays and just fucked up himself. He also could've audibled out of bad calls and didn't.

Lol Colston. The Saints shouldn't have even been that close. I just read earlier today the SeaHawks have like the 2nd best pass defense since the merger or something crazy.

Lol Colston. The Saints shouldn't have even been that close.

Wah? I dont like playing the what if game but Saints didnt help themselves at all. If Breese has a halfway decent game and Saints play calling is somewhat reasonable...Saints win this. Seahawks werent that impressive.