NFL 2013

Not really weird. That's the best logical conclusion to stating that the 49ers will beat the Seahawks because they are better - not for the normal couple of odd bounces in any game. I think it's close just because Wilson lacks dynamic targets with Harvin out.

You might be the most hardheaded person on the internet. Other Kaep's mom, nobody thinks he's a better QB than Brees.

I want the 9ers to win it all of course, but this is pretty much our nightmare scenario for an NFC title game. If the 9ers win this game without any major injuries I fully believe they will win the super bowl.

Listening to local sports radio on drive home. Former Patriot TE and weekly guest Jermain Wiggins tells funny story when he had his short stint (3 games) with Peyton and Colts. Players after a practice join Peyton already in hot tub just shooting the shit. Peyton decides to go watch film, gets out of the hot tub and he is completely bare ass balls flyin (easy KD) right in Wiggins face and everyone else wearing shorts in tub was like wtf? Lmao.

Seattle is just lucky. lawlz

You might be the most hardheaded person on the internet. Other Kaep's mom, nobody thinks he's a better QB than Brees.

Then certain people need to retract their ridiculous statements. I am constantly annoyed with assertions that are ignorant of their implications.

Once you decide on something you just don't change your mind, regardless of evidence. Can you please explain to me how it isn't more rational to infer that people believe SF is superior to NO for A. having a better defense, including the best linebacking core in the league (all four starters have made 1st team all-pro in the last two seasons) B. a better offensive line, in fact, arguably the best o-line in the NFL, C. a vastly superior running game. Those are the actual reasons people think SF is better than NO.

Once you decide on something you just don't change your mind, regardless of evidence. Can you please explain to me how it isn't more rational to infer that people believe SF is superior to NO for A. having a better defense, including the best linebacking core in the league (all four starters have made 1st team all-pro in the last two seasons) B. a better offensive line, in fact, arguably the best o-line in the NFL, C. a vastly superior running game. Those are the actual reasons people think SF is better than NO.

Yeah, I've never changed my mind. :rolleyes:

PFF has the Saints oline just above the 49ers at 10 (making the 49ers obviously 11). That puts the 49ers either bottom of the top 3rd or top of the middle 3rd. Either way, neither better than NO nor anywhere near "best in the NFL". Now, I can let this oversight pass since *last* year they were much better, and a [slight] slip usually would go unnoticed without sites like PFF.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/13/2013-offensive-line-rankings/3/

SF has a better rushing attack but their passing attack is twice as worse as their rushing attack is better. As a team, the 49ers led the Saints by 800 yds in rushing. They were beaten by 2,000 passing yards. You're throwing around appeals to subjective and possibly majority evaluations without anything concrete to back it up. But I'm the one refusing to "look at the evidence".....

I don't think the teams are that different on the whole, but my original point was that to think that it's a easy pick to declare that the 49ers can do what the Saints couldn't do - and with such a huge gap in QB play - leaves it reasonable to assume that the person making such a claim doesn't see that gap.

Yeah, I've never changed my mind. :rolleyes:

PFF has the Saints oline just above the 49ers at 10 (making the 49ers obviously 11). That puts the 49ers either bottom of the top 3rd or top of the middle 3rd. Either way, neither better than NO nor anywhere near "best in the NFL". Now, I can let this oversight pass since *last* year they were much better, and a [slight] slip usually would go unnoticed without sites like PFF.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/13/2013-offensive-line-rankings/3/

Fair enough. I'm mostly basing it off what I've seen from them the past few years, but other than the first Seattle game, I've mostly watched SF when their offense was in a pretty good rhythm.

I have no idea what stats PFF use to create their O-line rankings, but it seems like they definitely put some time into it.

SF has a better rushing attack but their passing attack is twice as worse as their rushing attack is better. As a team, the 49ers led the Saints by 800 yds in rushing. They were beaten by 2,000 passing yards. You're throwing around appeals to subjective and possibly majority evaluations without anything concrete to back it up.

...which would imply that it's not the QB that makes them the better team!

But I'm the one refusing to "look at the evidence".....

Who said you weren't willing to look at the evidence?

I don't think the teams are that different on the whole, but my original point was that to think that it's a easy pick to declare that the 49ers can do what the Saints couldn't do - and with such a huge gap in QB play - leaves it reasonable to assume that the person making such a claim doesn't see that gap.

I agree the teams aren't too far apart but the bolded part is where you go silly on us. Here's a more rational layout of why people think the 49ers can have more success than the Saints in Seattle.

1. The Seahawks are one of the best passing defenses of the past decade. The Seahawks are also very good against the run (8th in yards, 7th in YPA) but if you're gonna attack something on their defense it should be their ground game.

2. San Francisco's offense is based in the ground attack; the Saints, a timing-based passing game.

Therefore, the 49ers offense is a better MATCHUP for the Seahawks defense than the Saints offense is.

This could be further supported by the fact that 49ers play a more physical style of offense, which is a better match up for Seahawks, big, physical DBs. Also, the 49ers scheme and personnel are better suited to the Seattle environment than the Saint's are.

Some interesting stats I read.

Neither Manning nor Brady has performed particularly well in conference championships despite winning records in title games. Manning has five touchdown passes, five picks and a 76.7 passer rating, while Brady has seven scores through the air, nine interceptions and a 74.7 mark. ... Brady vs. Manning features the oldest combined age of two starting quarterbacks in any conference title game since John Elway battled Vinny "And the Jets" Testaverde in the 1998 AFC Championship. ... Brady has thrown just 75 passes over the last three weeks, the fewest of any three-game stretch in his career. ... The Patriots passer led the league in percentage of throws completed to his tight ends in 2011 and 2012, but was dead last in that category in 2013. ... The Broncos are the first team in NFL history to have five players with 10-plus touchdowns and four players with 10-plus receiving touchdowns.

Considering how many championship games Brady has been to, his stats kind of suck. So do Peyton's obviously, but I was somewhat surprised at the lackluster stat line for Brady in those games. Oh well.

A bit more:

During the Broncos' 31-21 loss to the Patriots in Week 5 of 2012, Demaryius Thomas had 180 yards -- the most receiving yards of any player against a Bill Belichick-coached Patriots team (249 games with NE, including playoffs). Four of the top nine receiving yardage totals against Belichick-coached Patriots teams came with Peyton Manning as the opposing quarterback.

Well, i even predicted at the beginning of year that Peyton, given all the weapons he has, will have record setting year wich he did. The guy has had special offensives built around him his whole career. He has done amazing things with it, but i cant and wont get past his poor playoff record. Thats a better indicator than just how many SB titles a QB has won.

Seeing that Brady HAD NO TEs to throw to in '13, not surprising in that stat. The fewest number of passes is due to their new found running game, wich they desperately needed. Throughout the season no excuses, Brady has looked off at times regardless of who he had for receivers. However the fact that he led them in all those comeback victories and to the AFC title with futile weapons is remarkable. At the same time regardless of what weapons Peyton has been given, you cant lead and control an offense any better than he did this year.

Broncos dominated the Patriots. It was great to see Peyton destroy Belichick's defense again, even sweeter that it was in the postseason. Congrats to him and hopefully they win the SB.

GOAT

0ap2000000315179.jpg

Jeez. Did you guys atleast like the Pats when they were 14 point underdogs and legit kicked the crap and beat the greatest show on turf in Rams? How could you not like that lol?

Anyway, back to reality...let me bitch and reflect lol. Pats were simply over-matched. Tough spot today espec on the road...I didnt have a good feeling bout this one tbh. No way this weak secondary could contain Peyton and his offense...they are / were immense. Brady missed on a couple big plays that couldve resulted in points, but really dont think it wouldve mattered either way how many the Pats scored. It was about Denvers O-line protection, he wasnt even pressured, basically untouched . This, along with the shit-fest that is the Pats secondary spelled disaster. If Denver didnt waste their time running the ball, they couldve scored 50+. No need to even run to set up play action lol.

As a Pats fan, I hope Peyton gets killed and fails. As a football fan I actually wouldnt mind seeing an underdog win. I dont like what is the 9ers and Seattle and in my mind theyd both be the SB favorite so.

Sure haters go ahead and kick 'em when theyre are down no biggie. Us fans have enough tiltes for a couple lifetimes. The coach and QB will go home to all those SB rings lol. Actually, with what theyve delt with starting with the offseason disaster in Hernandez and many key injuries. As an honest Pats fan, to be able to make it to the AFC title game in a sense its one of their more remarkable feats. Yet, at the same time im extremely disappointed and bummed to be this close.

All a team has to do to beat Manning is get pressure on him. He cannot function under pressure. Luckily his offensive line is great.

Yes true of course. But as mentioned they couldnt even pressure him nevermind touch him. Early on he was baited and threw a couple of real horrible balls that were gift wrapped...and the Pats secondary still fucked up and somehow missed them. The Chargers did the same thing early on last week dropping a sure INT that couldve changed the complexion of the game. Thats when i knew the Pats we screwed cause in the past theyd make him pay. Couldve but probably wouldnt have changed the complexion. Peyton and this offense is just too much to handle for a Pats or Charger D-fense.

Agreed. But I honestly cant blame Harbaugh for acting like a bitch on a few of the calls or non-calls for that matter. The refs have had a bad year as we know. Cant help but think about the Pats getting called today for illegal pick offensive pass interference, thats fine, yet Welker blatantly takes out Talib doing the same thing and no call. More importantly knocked out the Pats best DB in the process, that really hurt the Pats.